Console Shroomite or Titan?

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by Astrological, Jun 15, 2015.

?

Shroomite or Titan?

1. Shroomite Armor

68.8%
  2. Titan Armor

31.3%
  1. Astrological

Astrological Steampunker

Which one do you prefer?

2. ManDaMisdemeanor

ManDaMisdemeanor Skeletron Prime

Shroomite for added defense, stealth, and damage. Titans good but going against multiple bosses at once I feel better with the added defense. Of course armor is only half of the prep. This is my opinion tho.

3. archangel_enigma

archangel_enigma Terrarian

the shroomite for the damage but stealth really only works if you stand still same for damage but its still a beast armor

4. Bounty_

Bounty_ Spazmatism

Shroomite usually but sometimes I mix up armour pieces mostly the legs if I don't have either full shroomite or I wont be able to stealth

5. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Titan and Specter armor were made COMPLETELY useless by Shroomite and Spectre. The only console exclusive armor that kept any of its usefulness is Dragon, which just BARELY stands up to turtle since it gives much better stats. And even that is going to become obscure when Beetle is put on console.

6. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Official Terrarian

it's impossible to stand still during pumpkin moon wave 12+. so I prefer Titan armor.

7. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

No it isn't.

8. Oleg34518

can you stand still with this many bosses? Capture 2015-09-06 20_37_49.png
    also the Titan armor has 48% chance not to consume ammo, this left me with plenty of ammo when others were out of ammo.

9. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Ammo is easy to get. And yes I could, considering how quick Shroomite wipes them out.

10. Oleg34518

what ammo exactly?

11. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Any. Chlorophyte on console and luminite on pc, both easy to get.

12. Oleg34518

im using venom because I have a steady aim, while my friends prefer spread shooter.

13. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

Meh, Venom has such a small damage increase that its more worth it to be hitting every shot no matter what.

14. Oleg34518

but my friends complain about the damage over time or "how I couldn't find the antidote" dropping their coins.
    also he thought Ankh shield prevents venom. (witch means he didn't craft his)

15. layman9

layman9 Brain of Cthulhu

That's poison. Theres a difference.

16. Oleg34518

he thought it's the same, anyway Titan is my preference not yours.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 10, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 10, 2015 ---
    Or if only I had it on console...
    [​IMG]
    VORTEX!
    the wiki says:
    Vortex armor is a late-game Hardmode armor set that provides ranged weapon boosts. It is currently the best ranged armor set available. Crafting the full set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Vortex Fragments.
    In total, Vortex armor pieces apply the following boosts:
    Additionally, equipping a full set grants the player the ability to toggle stealth mode, which has the following effects:
    • Near-invisibility
    • Decreased chance that enemies will target the wearer
    • +80% ranged damage
    • +20% ranged critical strike chance
    • Decreased movement speed
    Unlike Shroomite armor, standing still is not required. The Vortex armor's stealth mode is instead toggled manually by double-tapping the
    ▼ Down
    key. Moving or grappling does not cancel the effect, and its boosts are applied to all ranged weapon types (unlike Shroomite armor, which requires switching headpieces for different ranged weapon types). Dashing or riding a Mount does cancel stealth mode.
    too bad it's PC only

17. CherishCat

CherishCat Terrarian

I've never used Shroomite armor X3 because I can't get all the glowing mushrooms -w- I would assume that Shroomite is better then Titanium (which I used for a little while) because of how it increase your stats. I do not use either, I like beetle armor X3 I like having 95 defense X'D

18. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

FYI beetle is on console.

19. Treesmasher

Treesmasher Golem

Shroomite is better than Titan, but I still prefer to collect all armor types, regardless of if they are worse.

20. Hilohan

Hilohan Terrarian

Shroomite is superior in every way except ammo which does not matter once you have chlorophyte bullets with every single one hitting and honestly I do not stand still.