Simple Building Tips and Tricks

I am definitely going to use some of this ideas. I knew most of 'em but the ones I didn't knew were really unexpected and good looking. Leaving a like and going to use some of this stuff :)

Amazing collection of ideas. Some of them are so simple too, like using actuated blocks as pillars. I'll have to keep that one in mind for sure.

There' actually a few things (if not more than a few) that I didn't know about in this thread. Thank you stranger for letting me expand my knowledge in building. :)

Dang. I didn't learn anything new... But still, these are GREAT building tips for peole to use! The ones I like the best out of these are fruit. I made a nice-looking fig tree with pumpkins. But still, this thread shows you know quite a lot about terraria fancy buildings!

Dang. I didn't learn anything new... But still, these are GREAT building tips for peole to use! The ones I like the best out of these are fruit. I made a nice-looking fig tree with pumpkins. But still, this thread shows you know quite a lot about terraria fancy buildings!

U didn't learn anything new?! K idk how good are ur buildings proboably 9.9/10

U didn't learn anything new?! K idk how good are ur buildings proboably 9.9/10
These are the sort of thing you can find out by messing around with paint/hammers. Still, they are great building tips and if you found them useful then that means you got better!

And I thought I'm quite good at building... I never been so wrong (even so I knew ~25% of these tricks). Amazing job!

Last edited:
I have some for you to add:
-You can paint walls to create carpets.
-If you paint clouds with a light paint, you can alter the blueish part of them. Good for stuff like sunsets.

Some really cool ideas here. Hopefully I can make use of them to create more interesting structures than my usual little rectangle bases!

Oh yes the window with a table and platforms! Amazing... My fave idea is the pumpkin platform and living fire to make a fancy torch! Once I get far enough to get living fire once again! Oh and why did I never think of the curtains!

A simple method to make smooth crossings with help of sloped platforms. You should hold {forward} to move along or holding {forward} push {down} to go downstairs.

2015-07-22_131953.jpg 2015-07-22_131743.jpg 2015-07-22_131344.jpg bugbug.jpg

I'm not a good builder, but this one looks pretty nice. It shows some creative uses of blocks. Great job.

I struck upon a simple but very effective idea myself while building a kitchen tonight - For fridges, stack one iron crate atop another, and paint them white.

IkRBOd0.png

Back
Top Bottom