Simple Building Tips and Tricks

The fluorescent lights in your caution tape image look amazing! I'll have to use those sometime.

These are all very nice ideas. I'll borrow a few for my adventure map. :)

I think the Single Chain idea is genius for background buildings.

I got a couple of ideas for you:

Perfect Background Doors: Place Pearlwood Background Walls in a rectangle shape, and use the Single Chain trick mentioned in the first post. What you get is some very nice looking background building doors. Then you can use paint to change the color.

Perfect Background Windows: Place some Glass blocks in the area you want a window. Place some Actuators in each of the Glass blocks. Deactivate these blocks with wires/TEdit. Then place some "Player Obsidian Wall #20" (says TEdit) or some Granite Walls. Then paint the walls with Shadow Paint. This will create the illusion of a dark background window where you can't really see what's inside.

Picture in attachment shows both.
BG Doors and Windows.jpg

@Vagrant, you should really place walls behind the rich mahogany blocks to avoid the little patches of sky on the door frame, or add flat-bottomed blocks similar to rich mahogany to get rid of that open sky.

Adding walls behind the Rich Mahogany would affect the way the Pearlwood Walls look, and it would no longer look like a door.

yeah... that would be the only problem with these doors: you can't place walls around it or else you lose the nice door effect. So, like Temple Priest said, it would be better if I'd use Square-ended blocks instead of the Mahogany, but Mahogany looks really nice with its wooden log design. ^_^

yeah... that would be the only problem with these doors: you can't place walls around it or else you lose the nice door effect. So, like Temple Priest said, it would be better if I'd use Square-ended blocks instead of the Mahogany, but Mahogany looks really nice with its wooden log design. ^_^

Oh right i forgot about the weird quirks pealwood walls have. But you wouldn't have to use a block instead of mahogany, you could just replace the two blocks touching the ground with something that matches mahogany. You also might be able to get away with it if you just put the walls behind the titanstone(?) floor around the mahogany instead of on top of it, to avoid screwing with the pearlwood walls.

If you put walls just below door frame (in the ground, diagonal from the pearlwood) I think that would extend far enough to cover the gap.

Baih is there downloads available for some of the stuff in your Fancy Builds link? The hot air balloon and crimson windmill look amazing and I'd like to add both to a world I play alot on.

Back
Top Bottom