NPCs & Enemies Skyware Mimic

Should the Hook Reset Flight Time?

• Yes you can get the ice rod to do that anyway.

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • No it would make it too powerful.

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • It should add some flight time back instead.

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters
So it would eliminate there only being one way to cheese that boss. The method of putting a platform up there still stands so I don't see this as much of an issue.

And the Plantera spiky ball things may be avoided by using a gravitation potion and staying on the ceiling.

That might be true but I don't see how it is such a big issue.

I'm not convinced so I'm keeping it as is. It is modeled after the other key mimics after all.
None of those are quite as good or easy to set up as infinite flight would be though.

I was referring to the hallowed mimic, agreeing with brick creeper.

I haven't fought a skyware mimic yet. XD
But yeah. It probably should be hard.
Also, idea for a blessed wing name (since 3 wings would be weird) "Blessing of Flight" and it could be a soul-esque picture.

I was referring to the hallowed mimic, agreeing with brick creeper.

I haven't fought a skyware mimic yet. XD
But yeah. It probably should be hard.
Also, idea for a blessed wing name (since 3 wings would be weird) "Blessing of Flight" and it could be a soul-esque picture.
I assumed that the mimics were just the same aside from appearance and drops.

Also no to the blessing of flight thing. 3 wings would be wierd if all were on your back.

No-no-no...
i didnt mean add a 3rd wing. That WOULD be weird. Its just that what "Blessed Wing" sounds like it would do that.

I like. Mimics are always fun, and the drops are very interesting. I like that this would expand the sky biome, because after you raid a couple of the sky house things, theres almost no reason to go back.

Support :)

I like. Mimics are always fun, and the drops are very interesting. I like that this would expand the sky biome, because after you raid a couple of the sky house things, theres almost no reason to go back.

Support :)
Well I do have an expansive...er...expansion in my signature for the sky.

You get my support! Looks great, neat and professional. The mimic looks awesome as well as the key.

Flying Island

Damage: 66
Knockback: 12
Velocity: 8
Use Time: 44

It is a large flail that looks like a small flying island. While the item is selected the flail will be out even if you didn't use it yet. While it is in this passive state it will hurt enemies and it will try to stay within 5 blocks of you. You still throw it in the direction of the cursor when you click. As long as the cursor is held down the flail will try to stay at that point, there is a limit on the distance you can walk away before it begins to retract (12 blocks sound ok?). You might be wondering at this point why this isn't a yoyo. Well it doesn't gain the benefits from the yoyo accessories, you can't just move the cursor to move the weapon, and it doesn't bounce off of enemies.

I would love to use the Flying Island in game. It sounds awesome.

Now the sky biome is too small for a naturally spawning mimics to be relied on so I'm going to have it like the Hallow or Corruption mimics.

Key of Flight
index.php

15 Souls of Flight at a workbench

You know how these work. Moving on.

Skyware Mimic

skyware_large_mimic_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d9ag856.gif

Sprite by @It's a me!

AI Type: Mimic
Damage: 90
Max Life: 3500
Defense: 34
KB Resist: 90%
Drops:
100% 3 Gold Coins
20% Flying Island
20% Shooting Star
20% Storm Cloud
20% Blessed Wing
20% Wyvern Whip
100% Greater Healing Potion
100% Greater Mana Potion

Damage: 66
Knockback: 12
Velocity: 8
Use Time: 44

It is a large flail that looks like a small flying island. While the item is selected the flail will be out even if you didn't use it yet. While it is in this passive state it will hurt enemies and it will try to stay within 5 blocks of you. You still throw it in the direction of the cursor when you click. As long as the cursor is held down the flail will try to stay at that point, there is a limit on the distance you can walk away before it begins to retract (12 blocks sound ok?). You might be wondering at this point why this isn't a yoyo. Well it doesn't gain the benefits from the yoyo accessories, you can't just move the cursor to move the weapon, and it doesn't bounce off of enemies.

This is a gun

Damage: 45
Knockback: 2
Use Time: 30
Velocity: 12

Stars spawn to strike where you struck. I could have worded that better. Think holy arrows but in a bullet form. The difference is that the amount of stars it spawns is a random number between 1 and 3 and they rain down to the spot that was hit.

This is a magic weapon

Damage: Special
Knockback: 0
Velocity: 12
Use Time: 17
Mana: 4 per second per stack

Left click releases a cloud which follows you and attacks enemies. You can release 5 at a time and when more than one is made it will merge into the other one. This grants new effects. Right click puts some of the cloud back in the container to conserve mana.

1 Stack: 23 damage bolts of lightning strike twice per second

2 Stacks: 34 damage bolts of lightning strike twice per second. They bounce to another enemy dealing 2/3 of the damage to the second enemy.

3 Stacks: 37 damage bolts of lightning. Hail projectiles drop from the cloud dealing 30 damage.

4 Stacks: 41 damage lightning bolts. Hail projectiles deal 40 damage.

5 Stacks: 45 damage lightning bolts which bounce twice. Each bounce is 2/3 of the previous one. Hail projectiles deal 50 damage. The cloud turns into a tornado and drags enemies within 6 blocks of the center toward the center of the tornado. The tornado is 3x7 but doesn't cause damage on its own.

Accessory
2 Defense
Tooltip: Extends flight infinitely

Before you start freaking out at me for making an infinite flight item I have something to say. It extends the flight of other items infinitely, it doesn't make you able to fly infinitely by itself. It ends up taking two accessory slots when you bring in the other item. I'll put some hypothetical situations down below.

Player has this and frostspark boots - As simple as it could be. You can use the rocket effect for as long as you want.

Player has this and wings - Again simple. You have an infinite flight time. This makes it so gliding is impossible.

Player has this and sandstorm in a bottle - Again it's very simple. You can extend the duration of the effect as long as you want and restart it at will. Balloon accessories might now be viable in the late game.

Player has this and a cloud in a bottle - There's no way to extend the duration on this one. You can however do as many jumps as you want with this one.

Player has this and bundle of balloons - This is more complicated. The jump effects can be extended infinitely (aside from those that are impossible) and when you stop using that effect it will move on to the next one. When the final effect is used it will cycle back to the first effect.

Notice how it says wing and not wings. If you got a better name say it.

It's a single hook that has the hook part look like a wyvern head.

35 Block Reach

15 Velocity

Here's what makes it special. If you don't hook onto anything you and the hook will be dragged toward each other so you still go half the distance without grabbing anything. It doesn't move fast enough for you to have sustained flight with this thing.

I am considering allowing it to reset flight time by doing so so I'm adding a poll

This is the first enemy I made which had the money dropped filled in.

So your thoughts? I love seeing alerts from comments.
Okay this is one of the more comprehensive ideas that I've seen. Which is cool! :) But I think the hook should just be the same as the tendon/worm/illuminant hooks. But overall, it is unique and the sprites are awesome! The game needs this!

(okay people are going to kill me about this)
The blessed wing is a little overpowered.
I feel like infinite flight with wings being available early hardmode makes it just a really op item.
I know it would take up 2 accessory slots to use, but really it's not SO horrible. 2 accessory slots isn't really huge price to pay for infinite flight time with wings.
Alright so my idea for improvement of this is - instead of making it infinite flight time, just make it 30 seconds more or so. (maybe 60 seconds idk)
Just my opinion.
Other than that the idea is AMAZING!
100% support other than the blessed wings thing.
We_want_your_Support.jpg

i couldn't find any better images ;_;

(okay people are going to kill me about this)
The blessed wing is a little overpowered.
I feel like infinite flight with wings being available early hardmode makes it just a really op item.
I know it would take up 2 accessory slots to use, but really it's not SO horrible. 2 accessory slots isn't really huge price to pay for infinite flight time with wings.
Alright so my idea for improvement of this is - instead of making it infinite flight time, just make it 30 seconds more or so. (maybe 60 seconds idk)
Just my opinion.
Other than that the idea is AMAZING!
100% support other than the blessed wings thing.
We_want_your_Support.jpg

i couldn't find any better images ;_;
I don't see what's so overpowered about it personally. It saves you from landing every 20 seconds or so. I never want to wander away from my heart lanterns and campfires.

As compared to the convenience of it? I'm not going to change it.

Back
Top Bottom