So how to actually kill Fishron in 1.3....?

A better example of enraging is plantera being taken outside of the underground jungle, she gets highly increased attack, and movement, speed along with higher damage.

Taking DF out of the ocean I think will be like that. It won't 1 shot you and it is reverse-able by returning to the biome, it will just be so hard that prettymuch only a Yrimir will kill it.

A better example of enraging is plantera being taken outside of the underground jungle, she gets highly increased attack, and movement, speed along with higher damage.

Taking DF out of the ocean I think will be like that. It won't 1 shot you and it is reverse-able by returning to the biome, it will just be so hard that prettymuch only a Yrimir will kill it.

I'm gonna fight enraged fishron and enraged plantera at the same time. already did that, but with normal fishron instead, and the biggest worry is letting the plantera despawn, since it moves so slow compared to fishystick.

Like I did. Get yourself a pack of potions (water walking as well), a couple of wired heart statues and go.

I have always used a Mage set-up using the Spectra Armor/w Hood, Avenger Emblem, Celestial Emblem, Celestial Cuffs, Sorcerer Emblem, Blizzard Staff, and of course Ankh Shield. Standing in a box using a Jellyfish statue to negate damage (box is prevent you from killing the jellyfish with the Blizzard Staff). That is the basic set up, not including heart statues and so on. It is not 100% effective as you can still get bad luck from multiple swipes of The Duke, but it will keep you inside the biome. Now if this set up will work in the update seeing as the jellyfish has a new attack and potentially nerfed items remains to be seen.

I was doing an arena like Ecna, but with extra platforms in the middle. What are they for? It helps avoiding Duke's attacks and it gives you more mobility to avoid Sharknadoes. Vampire Knives are very good if you've got a Crimson world. If you're accurate, you can use a Terra Blade to spam the beams at him. Magic weapons also do well.

We don't know if The ocean biome is changed in any way. Maybe they have changed it som that The boss fight will look completely different.

And for The boss fight tactics. Why not go for full diving stuff? Like fish feets and potions for underwater battle?

I tend to farm around for supplies/"expand" the biome bye carving out the sand to my liking. Also I kinda tend to farm a lot of chlorophyte for bullets and take on frost moon and stuff for the Gatling Gun. Tends to help a lot on a fast moving mob.

Also, an arena that can be built over the water can be a viable area, ranging from 400x400 [200 above water, 200 below water] can be enough for fighting him. You need Neptune's Shell though.

Hmmm. Well then. I PRESENT PLAN B!

X5DMkse.png

This is how I imagine the fight will be.
Do the sharknados land on platforms? if so, then how will you alternate between them to make sure the sharknados don't hit the top layer of platforms? is there a way we could use platforms as stairs?

I have long asphalt road with two teleporters on each end, so I always run away from him with full speed and then teleport whenever I get to the end of the road. With potions, I can outrun Fishron pretty easily, enraged or not. So I just run back and forth on that road while shooting stuff back in his face till he dies.

Do the sharknados land on platforms? if so, then how will you alternate between them to make sure the sharknados don't hit the top layer of platforms? is there a way we could use platforms as stairs?

From personal experience, Fishron will make Sharknadoes on the top row. When that happens, drop to the bottom row. When the nadoes come back down, go up and repeat the process. If there are both top and bottom nadoes, then you'll just have to dodge well.

If you need more maneuverability, you could always make some more platforms around the place.

From personal experience, Fishron will make Sharknadoes on the top row. When that happens, drop to the bottom row. When the nadoes come back down, go up and repeat the process. If there are both top and bottom nadoes, then you'll just have to dodge well.

If you need more maneuverability, you could always make some more platforms around the place.
That's actually a Really good strategy. Well, when it comes out we can check it out. I usually just would run and shoot with various weapons, because it would hurt him over time. But now that'll make it hard... Anybody else wondering what extremists will do to fight him in Extreme mode with no armor, enraged?

How far across can you extend the ocean biome away from the edge of the map? I think I'll do that.

As far as I know, (correct me if I'm wrong) the Ocean is a set distance (250 blocks or so on Large Maps), any sand beyond that is considered desert. Any water... a lake?

I guess I'm terrible when it comes to fighting the Duke, but I never go so high or far enough away to actually leave the Ocean Biome. I use a Pair of Lava Waders (which also happen to have Warding on them) to run along the ocean, so I don't need to build an arena. I have Lightning Boots to go fast, and I have 80 defense, so I can take a couple of hits from him before I need to use either a potion or Vampire Knives.

Plus, I have a Tempest Staff to help deal with the actual Sharknadoes, but I generally can either run through them without too much damage to warrant a potion, or just fly slightly above them while using the hover function of the Hoverboard to keep outrunning the Duke. Although, I always have about 12-13 different buffs when fighting him, so that does aid my survivability immensely.

As far as I know, (correct me if I'm wrong) the Ocean is a set distance (250 blocks or so on Large Maps), any sand beyond that is considered desert. Any water... a lake?
I may be wrong, but I believe 300+ connected water tiles makes an ocean Biome. This may only count for fishing though.

The enrage seems to be the enrage fishron get's anyway once he's low on hp. I was able to kite him flying in a circle (fishron will lock on to a player and then move in a straight line to where they were, so as long as you are always moving in a circular motion, fishron has a very hard time hitting you). If you don't feel comfortable doing this, getting Phantasm (only need kill on Vortex tower) and using holy arrows will allow you to kill Fishron in roughly 10-20 seconds (depending on gear and your accuracy), so as long as you can dodge a few hits hits, use a star veil, and pop some potions, you can quite easily farm fishron with Phantasm's DPS (this is also true of lunar flare, haven't tried Starwarth yet, but I think it will also decimate him).

I am playing expert mode and I defeated him by defeating the three mechanical bosses and spoiler

Making the mech cart and making a big loop of tracks
[DOUBLEPOST=1436455254,1436455190][/DOUBLEPOST]As well as going and using a minimum of a megashark with chloro bullets

Ok so, After a frustrating few goes at trying to get fast enough to escape an enraged Fishron, I placed down minecart tracks. This managed to keep him away from me enough that i could just fire nebula blazes at him without him 3-hit killing me.
I have no idea any other way to do this, staying in the ocean doesn't seem like a viable option to me, the biome is too small.

Back
Top Bottom