Portfolio/Multi-Topic Some ideas

Epidemy

Terrarian
Hi everyone! I play Terraria a long time and i finally find the place where i can post some ideas, which may like all Terraria community (i hope so)
And.. sorry for bad english - I from Russia and my language skills not so perfect. Please, concern to that with understanding.

Okay, let's get started. All stuff now hide into spoilers.

First what i really want to be added in game - more NPC action - like interaction with bed, table, clock and onter furniture. I see post, where devs say in new patch NPC can use chairs. This is a great idea, but is it possible to make characters more "live" ? It will be great, i think.
Another improvement - remove "spawn point" option from the bed, add bed regen buff like a campfire when player interacts with it. Instead, make a new craftable furniture with respawn option. (possible with crystal heart as ingredient + something else) I think bed as a respawn obsolete - and regures full functional room, at the same time you can obtain one heart on the first day.
More food? I want to kill some passive creatures for meat, for example. Cook it and make a sandwitch. Or - build a little farm with carrots, potatoes and salad. Speak about creatures - is it possible to add more passive animals, like deer, sheep, fox, dog ... and they will spawn at the daytime in different peaceful biomes or nearly the player house (like rabbits do)
Other idea - make a some weak (or not so weak) auto-turrets. For their creation it would be need a lot of resources (to prevent mass mob farm), but they can auto-aim enemies. And maybe they would need ammo stacks or some kind a power source. Devs make a lot of hardcore and post-hardcore awesome stuff (bunny cannon ^^), so why not to create some tools to make players life a litlle easier?
Another helpful improvement - enable open safe from the inventory. A lot of player carry safe as a backup inventory, but you always need to put safe on ground and even than open it. This action so annoying - if devs give us a "backup inventory" tool, please, give us possibility to use that tool right way.
To improve usability inventory and player window, please add quick-change pages for armor and accessories sets. Or just only for accessories. In the "post-hardcore" game playes usually have 20+ different acc with different prefixes - and use them on set style - for combat, for regen, for flight. The problem is that you have to manually rearrange accessories - and that actions really boring. And, would be nice to see individual window to see full list of player stats. We have a lot of weapons, armor, acc - and we really need to see what item we need to find (or reforge) to complete our build.
And, a last one. Devs, can you replace boring candelabras on underground abandon houses and add instead different generated stuff - mining lanterns, torches, lamp with switch or something else? That would be great.
New magic weapon - freeze ray. Cast continuous beam, when hit enemy "stick" to him and follow enemy, even though player move. Inflict "Frosen" and "Frostburn" debuffs, ended if player stop cast or enemy dies. Using aganst bosses inflict only "frostburn" and "Chilled" Deal low damage and cost more than Water bolt. Without Mythical modifier
Another magic item. Heal small amount health of friendly player on server or NPC. Maybe with beam or simple particle effect. High mana cost.
Item, effect of which can backward you in time (I not know how much exactly) It can be magic usable item or potion. I prefer potion - you can obtain its due early game into simple underground chests and use to come back out of the cave on top layer, for example. One condition - do not restore player health and mana.

Thanks all who read this - i hope i wrote that text not so bad.
Too bad I not a designer - i really want draw a concept of my ideas. So, i try to describe their better.
I try to continue thinking about new mechanics - this is better than imagine new OP weapons with high stats.
And, who can say me what i can improve in my post (design, text formatting, or something else) - please, write a comment and I try to do it.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
I Like the idea of an auto-turrets. I don't think that they should to much damage, and should be used to keep zombies and possessed armors (is that right?) out on blood moons.

Back
Top Bottom