Something is SERIOUSLY messed up.

Woffleshark

Terrarian
When I first tried to use Terraria mods about a month ago, I couldn't get it to work. A lot of other stuff happened, blah blah blah, and I decided to run mods on tmodloader 0.10.0.1 instead of 0.10.0.2. Thorium, the one mod I was most interested in, only worked in that version. After a little while, I decide I want to try some other mods (calamity and spirit to be specific.) For both of those, the mod wouldn't load correctly because I didn't have the latest tmodloader version.

I just reverted to 0.10.0.2 again, and there are still problems when I enable and reload a mod. However, I've been able to pin the problem down. It seems as if any mod with original music or sound effects fails to load. The error message I get is always because of an mp3 file.

I'm so sick of this. I've tried the "enable without reloading, exit, and re-enter" method. It only works for Thorium. I made a thread similar to this when I was first using tmodloader, but I made this new one to give more info and express just how frustrated I am. I sincerely do NOT want to think that the guys making tmodloader are inept, and I hope that it's just my computer.

I have seen a few people say it might have to do with RAM. I'll reboot my craptop and then try it again. I actually don't know how much RAM this thing has, and I don't know how to find out (but if you know how to on windows 7, please tell me.)

When I first tried to use Terraria mods about a month ago, I couldn't get it to work. A lot of other stuff happened, blah blah blah, and I decided to run mods on tmodloader 0.10.0.1 instead of 0.10.0.2. Thorium, the one mod I was most interested in, only worked in that version. After a little while, I decide I want to try some other mods (calamity and spirit to be specific.) For both of those, the mod wouldn't load correctly because I didn't have the latest tmodloader version.

I just reverted to 0.10.0.2 again, and there are still problems when I enable and reload a mod. However, I've been able to pin the problem down. It seems as if any mod with original music or sound effects fails to load. The error message I get is always because of an mp3 file.

I'm so sick of this. I've tried the "enable without reloading, exit, and re-enter" method. It only works for Thorium. I made a thread similar to this when I was first using tmodloader, but I made this new one to give more info and express just how frustrated I am. I sincerely do NOT want to think that the guys making tmodloader are inept, and I hope that it's just my computer.

I have seen a few people say it might have to do with RAM. I'll reboot my craptop and then try it again. I actually don't know how much RAM this thing has, and I don't know how to find out (but if you know how to on windows 7, please tell me.)
If you press Start and then right click Computer in the right hand list, and then click Properties, it will open a window that'll show you all sorts of info, including your installed RAM.

This bug however is not necessarily caused by the system having not enough memory installed, rather it's more likely caused by the application not having enough memory available (even if you have 32 GB installed, Terraria as a 32-bit application can only use up to 4 GB).

Oh.... is there any way to fix that, then?

If it's the program, it seems odd that other people have it working just fine.

Also, after looking at my ram, I realized that I only have 4 GB. And only 2.99 GBs of it is usable. Could this be my problem?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom