Member-Run Contest Spriteathalon Part II

View attachment 212332 Some shark that I'm too lazy to come up with a name for
Charges at you incredibly fast, likely from off screen, hopefully catching you off guard
Inflicts bleeding, and on death spawns a group of babies which swarm you
The babies deal more damage to bleeding targets

The accessory causes your attacks to inflict bleeding, and any enemy that hits you directly, it will have a baby latch onto them
This baby also does more damage to bleeding targets

Smh a whole week, got it done in the first 2 hours

I’m going to NEED that week.

P.S. Your shark is awesome!

So, beach balls. They're fun to bop round and play games with, but do you ever wish you could weaponize them? I introduce to you: The Beach Bomber!

Beach Bomber.png
(Palate
Beach Bomber Palate.png
)

This weapon is crafted with a beach ball, iron bars, and souls of light, and it fires a beachball that bounces for 5 seconds before exploding. It also does ranged damage as well and requires no ammo, so it's a useful tool for rangers.

I haven’t even started yet, but I’ll get it done soon!
[doublepost=1541452330,1541243393][/doublepost]Still working on my sprite, but I will have it done soon. Sorry for the wait.

can I join, I may have been gone for a while but I haven't stopped doing sprites.
Peter_Griffin.png

[doublepost=1541460493,1541459894][/doublepost]I didn't mean to send Peter Griffin, I meant to send this
6039115887804416.png

5157553742807040.png
5672373420294144.png
5678415935963136.png
oof this is too large
and this is too itty bitty
5157553742807040-pixel.png
5672373420294144-pixel.png
5678415935963136-pixel.png

(Imma work on descriptions in a bit if you're looking at this now) I just wanted to do it even if it doesn't count

Last edited:
This is my submission the Coral Crab, and its leg which functions as a boomerang.
After countless failed attempts at feeding, it grew coral and began to camouflage into its surroundings. It grew an external layer of coral growth with it only its claws lacking. On death it has a chance to drop a Coral Crab Leg which functions as a boomerang.
I'm uploading it in 2x and 4x
Crab (2) (1).png
Crab (2) (2).png

crab.png

Behold, the Reaper Crab! Instead of claws, this bad boy has razor sharp blades for hands. Whoever decided this was a good idea should be fired from the evolution department.
crabstaff.png
crabsmall.png

Drops the Pincher Staff, which summons baby crabs to fight for you.

5157553742807040.png

the Ancient Leviathan Skull rises slowly from the water, and once out of the water, it spins towards the player and at half health will fire "sea magic" that inflicts a debuff "curse of the dead sea." It has 50-100 health and is immune to everything a skeleton is immune to. it drops 2-5 bones and it has a slim chance to drop the leviathan eye.
5672373420294144.png
The leviathan eye is a magic weapon that fires the "sea magic" used by the leviathan skull and inflicts the same debuff on enemies. It does 20 damage and fires at a rate of 3 bursts per second. Every time it fires the bursts slowly spread out.

C7D16450-0D98-414A-86BC-6D93F5796F5E.png

It’s a large image, but the thumbnail would’ve been to small.

Anyway. Here’s mine! I know it’s not very good compared to these, but I’m proud of it, and hey, it’s free tips! (Spriting tips.)

The top image is a Whale.

Whale : These are the “protectors” of the Ocean. They won’t attack you unless you attack other Ocean-dwelling creatures in their radius. Once you do, however, they are hostile. Once they die they have a 50% chance of dropping Whale Blubber. 20 Whale Blubber “pieces” can be crafted (with silk) at a Loom to make a Blubber Suit! The Blubber Suit grants a 25% speed increase in the Snow Biome and a 15% speed increase in the Ocean.

Whale Information :

• 50 Attack
• 500/500 Health
• Slow moving (I don’t know how speed works in Terraria.)

Blubber : Not much to say here, just some nice squishy, warm Blubber! :D

Thanks for letting me compete! It’s been great seeing y’all’s sprites. Good luck!

Attachments

• AA642253-B678-4EB5-A918-6462645CE557.png
    AA642253-B678-4EB5-A918-6462645CE557.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 72
So, I was a bit pressed for time and my entry didn't quite come out like I wanted, but I still like it!

Creatures that are often prey to others usually try to get the most camouflage as possible. But, some predators have the same idea. That's what happened to one type of shellfish, as it slowly increased in size, it needed a new way to disguise itself, so it grew many coral like appendages that gave it disguise and a way to fatally wound prey. And this enemy is called: The Coral Monger!

Coral Monger.png
(Palate:
Coral Palate.png
)

The Coral Monger is a new pre-hardmode enemy that spawns in the ocean. It will stay still until the player comes near, and then it crawls along the seafloor towards the player, launches itself at the player to deal damage, and sprays a couple damaging polyps at the player. When killed, it can drop one of two items:

Reef Carpace.png
Reef Carapace: Grants the wearer a coral-encrusted shell that provides 2 defense and damags enemies that touch the player. The damage done gets greater as the player's health lowers. (Equipped:
Reef Carapace (Equipped).png
)

Polyp Fountain.png
Polyp Fountain: A new magic weapon that uses mana to spray a cloud of damaging, fast moving polyps that travel through the air, and after a short amount of time, stopping and falling to the ground, damaging enemies on the way.

Well, it didn't quite come out how I wanted, but I think it's a pretty neat idea.

Back
Top Bottom