Items [Sprites] Chaos Pearl

Snickerbobble

The Painter
There was a lot of discord when the Rod of Discord was nerfed/fixed. I have an idea that can find a middle ground and also keep the tool locked away for later hardmode. My idea is the Chaos Pearl.

99Aw9ia.png

Chaos Pearl
Material
Allows for one teleport upon consumption.
Unlike the Rod of Discord, you throw the Chaos Pearl which warps you to where it lands. Warping into the Jungle Temple would not be possible.
It is a 1/5 drop from Chaos Elementals.
It has a glow similar to Pixie Dust.

The Chaos Pearl can be used to craft the Rod of Discord.

Crafting:

+
99Aw9ia.png
x1
+ x1
+ x3
+ x8
@ /
=

Needing Ectoplasm means that the Rod of Discord is a post-Plantera tool and Lihzarhd Brick Walls no longer need to be un-RoD-able. With this recipe, it is far less of a grind for the item (as a 1 in 500 drop chance doesn't exactly make for enjoyable multiple playthroughs) and is meant for the end game. When there is no more left to explore, you are able to teleport more freely around your world. It is a convenience tool.

The Rod of Discord could change in one of these two ways:

1. Chaos State is no longer a de-buff. Instead, you can warp as many times as you want HOWEVER there is a small 2 second delay before warping, similar to the Magic Mirror. Warping will leave you wide open for attacks and the delay will prevent infinite flight with wings.
  2. Chaos State is now a diminishing debuff, similar to mana sickness, where you take less damage after more time has gone by. So if you use the RoD when you have 1 second left on the counter, instead of taking 80 health away, you will lose 10 health. 10 health per second. This will allow for players to warp more freely instead of having to stare up at the timer and wait for the 0 to disappear. That's right.. even if the timer says 0 and you warp, you still lose 80 health as of now, but this change would make it 0 HP lost.

That's my take on the discord over the Rod of Discord. What do you think?

I like this idea. Like Super Jack1234567890 said, if you make it cost 3 Chaos Pearls I think that would balance it finely.

Also, the "diminishing chaos state" you mentioned should definitely be implemented. It's not really a priority, but it should totally be in the game since, as of now, it's pretty annoying to deal with :p

*annoying minecraft fan voice* "THIS IS A TOTAL RIPOFF OF ENDERPEARLS"

Definite support. I prefer the second Chaos State solution.

I guess this is good, except why not remove the chaos state debut altogether, ( and this sounds way too much like ender pearls)

You wouldn't want Terraria and Minecraft to get into a legal argument though. I like both of them, so if that happened then that would be bad. Very bad.

You wouldn't want Terraria and Minecraft to get into a legal argument though. I like both of them, so if that happened then that would be bad. Very bad.

They aren't even named the same thing, nor do they use the same texture. Mojang can't sue Relogic for using a similar gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, the first game to use a gameplay mechanic would be the only game ever allowed to use that mechanic.

They aren't even named the same thing, nor do they use the same texture. Mojang can't sue Relogic for using a similar gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, the first game to use a gameplay mechanic would be the only game ever allowed to use that mechanic.
"Oh no, Minecraft already has torches, that means Terraria can't have torches because legalisticnesses." :confused:

Remember that Mojang GAVE PERMISSION for the Creeper Costume to be in Terraria. They're not on bad terms (though I dunno now that Microsoft owns Mojang).

This could work, it would definitely solve the problem of the rod being too rare, and I can't tell you how many times I've teleported only to find that that I pressed the button a split second too early and lost 80 health because of it. The only tweak I would suggest is to make it slightly more expensive to make.

Back
Top Bottom