Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

I was joking don't be sad
What I wanted to say from that post that this is not a mod, for your information
EDIT: oh :red: I'm stupid didn't get your joke so I took as that you thought it was a mod. Sorry for that
nope
Sorry couldn't resist posting that
Its Alright

Rude and disrepctful
This is definitely the most amazing idea I've seen. It's so in depth and the sprites are phenomenal! This needs to be added now.
I read your post. Your writing is awful, and your idea is worse.
You clearly didn't understand that I was saying implementing cores into things where everything else uses souls is a bad idea. Even the addition of crimson kept with souls being used for them, not some stupid new item.

Don't tell me to read better when you can neither read nor write well enough to convey your ideas and understand others.

You clearly didn't understand that I was saying implementing cores into things where everything else uses souls is a bad idea. Even the addition of crimson kept with souls being used for them, not some stupid new item.

Don't tell me to read better when you can neither read nor write well enough to convey your ideas and understand others.
I believe you quoted the wrong post.

Nevertheless, it is not acceptable to respond this way. Debate the topic, not the person. Differences of opinion are allowed and encouraged, but not to the point of attacking others.

You clearly didn't understand that I was saying implementing cores into things where everything else uses souls is a bad idea.
And why is it, exactly? Maybe if you had been more focused on paying attention to what he was saying, you would know that he acknowledged and responded to your concern. Cores are used in place of Souls on worlds with Crimson and Cyber. They just look different to compliment the theme of the world.
Even the addition of crimson kept with souls being used for them, not some stupid new item.
Yeah. I'm sure that if they added a new Crimson-themed Soul it would ruin the game. -_-

I don't know if you noticed, but "Night" isn't a very dominant theme in the Crimson. Imho, they should have added a new Crimson Soul, if only for aesthetic reasons. The same goes for the the concept of Cores: They complement the theme better, because unlike the Hallow and Corruption, there isn't a mythical, magical, or otherwise soul-related element to them. Replacing Souls with something more suitable can only be an improvement.

And why is it, exactly? Maybe if you had been more focused on paying attention to what he was saying, you would know that he acknowledged and responded to your concern. Cores are used in place of Souls on worlds with Crimson and Cyber. They just look different to compliment the theme of the world.

Yeah. I'm sure that if they added a new Crimson-themed Soul it would ruin the game. -_-

I don't know if you noticed, but "Night" isn't a very dominant theme in the Crimson. Imho, they should have added a new Crimson Soul, if only for aesthetic reasons. The same goes for the the concept of Cores: They complement the theme better, because unlike the Hallow and Corruption, there isn't a mythical, magical, or otherwise soul-related element to them. Replacing Souls with something more suitable can only be an improvement.
I think you both are right in some ways.this is my opinion and should not be seen as an offensive verbal attack at the creatirs of all the ideas shown here. So: It would be TERRIBLE if they added new cores/souls cuz as crimson is nearly same as corruption you could not craft the same items and set a new world to hardmode which is not very comfortable. Same with hallow and maybe cyber. If the cyber would have other souls and if the crystal shards werent growing, you couldnt craft very powerfull magic and other utensils like (as a example) rainbow rod, magical harp, greater healing potions and the fairy bell.
Of course, adding the cyber would be great, but there must be a way to get crystal shards then. Maybe the trees could drop some because on they top theyre ending up as crystals. But adding new souls/cores would in my opinion not be a good idea. But the cyber is still a great idea.

I like it all! its really amazing! But! replacing early game ores with hallow/cyber ore is no no no no. You need these ores for important potions like ironskin, spelunker etc. as well as for crafting.

It would be TERRIBLE if they added new cores/souls cuz as crimson is nearly same as corruption you could not craft the same items and set a new world to hardmode which is not very comfortable.
Crimson has different Ore, different mobs, a different boss, and more importantly, a different theme than the Corruption. All this would do is sever the few awkward remaining ties that don't really belong. Having Cores instead of Souls is pretty much just an aesthetic decision.
Same with hallow and maybe cyber. If the cyber would have other souls and if the crystal shards werent growing, you couldnt craft very powerfull magic and other utensils like (as a example) rainbow rod, magical harp, greater healing potions and the fairy bell.
Of course, adding the cyber would be great, but there must be a way to get crystal shards then. Maybe the trees could drop some because on they top theyre ending up as crystals. But adding new souls/cores would in my opinion not be a good idea. But the cyber is still a great idea.
I think you need a refresher here.
All non biome specific crafting recipes would work with their alternate items. For example Greater healing potions could be made with Miracle Fuel and a Beam Reactor.
Miracle Fuel can be used in every common recipe requiring Pixie Dust to take their place.
Beam Reactors can be used in every common recipe requiring Crystal Shards to take their place.
Cores can be used in every common recipe requiring their respective Souls to take their place.
Get it?

Strange that I never replied to this thread. But then again, what's left for me to add?

5stars.gif

Crimson has different Ore, different mobs, a different boss, and more importantly, a different theme than the Corruption. All this would do is sever the few awkward remaining ties that don't really belong. Having Cores instead of Souls is pretty much just an aesthetic decision.

I honestly have to agree. As it is, the idea that the Crimson should, at the least, have a different soul has been expressed many times. As interesting as it is, the Crimson still comes off as more of an afterthought than a true replacement right now, due to the many things that stay the same from the Corruption. While only speculation on my part, I think the only reason it didn't get a replacement soul is because the obvious choice to fit the rhyme scheme is "blight", and they were leery of creating problems for the team porting the game to consoles. However, for any biome to truly serve as a replacement, and have it feel right, the replacement biomes will need to cast off the vestigial elements of their predecessors...and I think the recipes in the game that already use "X or Y" on their ingredient lists show that this can be perfectly viable as well.

Back
Top Bottom