Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

Quite the opposite, actually. The developers came out and said that more alternate biomes would not be implemented.

;( :i crie evrytiem:

Maybe not in 1.3, but one could be added later. Even if they don't add complete new biomes, I hope they at least improve upon the desert and ocean.

This is a very well-thought out suggestion! And it does seem worthy of being the adversary of the Crimson.

I always wanted a cybernetic biome. Futuristic sprites look so nice!
This suggestion is *shocking* (A good shocking btw)
I hope the devs give it a chance :3

Wish we could get this on the game.
The armor we saw on the new spoiler video looks like one of the suggested for cyber, so I got hyped until I remembered that they won't be implementing new biomes on 1.3.
Where are the modders putting this in the game?

BEST SUGGESTION EVER!!!!! ALSO, UNDER 301 CLUB XDD
[DOUBLEPOST=1435530240,1435530141][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, make a support banner!

The only thing that needs to be added: Hallowed bosses are fought in hardmode Crimson/Cyber worlds instead of Mechanical ones. Then bam, we got ourselves an update.

Wow. Yeah, they should add this. Makes sense with the storyline and such, would be a worthy addition to Terraria. (Personally,I think Crimson, Corruption, Hallow; It's not either good or evil. Terraria seems to focus more on not that something is good or evil, but on if it's orderly or chaotic; This fits perfectly.)

The ideas are great and well polished.
I like the idea of having matching counterparts for everything. That start with C.
I wish this would happen, part of a great update.

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOW!!!!!

I've been stalking this thread since its days on Terraria Online, and it's definitely something I'd like to see put in the game. However, there are are a few issues I've noticed that I think could be resolved one way or another without changing too much about this suggestion.

Firstly, it's the idea of having the Peacekeeper as a mechanical boss for the Queen Bee (Yes I do know that Peacekeeper is only referenced in this thread). This doesn't appeal much to me because I've always seen the Queen Bee as a sort of side-quest boss; no one is forcing you to fight her, similar to King Slime or Duke Fishron. Sure she's really easy to find and battle, but she isn't absolutely integral to game progression unless you are planning on being a summoner. Based on one of your other suggestions about adding a Grand Harpy boss to the floating islands, it only makes sense that the Queen Bee is one of those side-quest bosses since she's important to mostly only one type of class. For these reasons, I think that the Queen Bee should not have a mechanical version and only the Motherboard should be a new addition.

Secondly, kind of a small thing that's bugging me a bit is the whole soul of flight issue. Thinking about what I said above, without the Peacekeeper boss there's still an opening for a seventh core, and this could be a core to match the soul of flight. By doing this we keep the soul of -ight theme and and seven deadly sin core theme. I also think that the ice golem's frost core should be renamed to something a bit more ambiguous to avoid confusion with the other cores.

Lastly, the biggest thing I've started wondering about is the situation dealing with the mechanical bosses. They quite obviously fit the theme of the Cyber biome, seeing as how the biome is a shining utopia of robots and the mechanical bosses mirror this. However, what happens to the mechanical bosses in a hallowed world then? They just don't seem to fit as well in such a world, since the theme of mechanical robots is lost in a pink world of rainbows and light. Before this suggestion the mechanical bosses were more of a unique thing, but now they fit too well with the Cyber for the Hallow to use them. I don't know what could be done to improve this situation; maybe making Hallow reskins for the mechanical bosses? I'm not too sure but in my opinion this is a pressing matter.

In conclusion, great suggestion even if I do have my own personal opinions, and I hope to see more in the future! Maybe one day this will get added to the game and everyone supporting this suggestion can celebrate by fighting a few Motherboards :p

Lastly, the biggest thing I've started wondering about is the situation dealing with the mechanical bosses. They quite obviously fit the theme of the Cyber biome, seeing as how the biome is a shining utopia of robots and the mechanical bosses mirror this. However, what happens to the mechanical bosses in a hallowed world then? They just don't seem to fit as well in such a world, since the theme of mechanical robots is lost in a pink world of rainbows and light. Before this suggestion the mechanical bosses were more of a unique thing, but now they fit too well with the Cyber for the Hallow to use them. I don't know what could be done to improve this situation; maybe making Hallow reskins for the mechanical bosses? I'm not too sure but in my opinion this is a pressing matter.
I've done some thinking into this as well, and my general thought is that it shouldn't matter so much as to warrant reworks of all 3(/4 or 5, depending on which suggestions you decide to work with). I mean, we already have tons of proof that each playthrough isn't some kind of self-enclosed universe, aspects of all evils and good biomes are always there. Demon eyes and Eye of Cthulhu, Mechanical bosses that could originate from the Cyber, Haunted armors, bloodroot and the Dungeon are just some examples of this. Doubling the number of mechanical bosses is only the tip of the iceberg if you go down that road, and it would take away from the mystery of the game itself to force the universe into a more easy to understand form. What should instead be changed is what they drop.

I've done some thinking into this as well, and my general thought is that it shouldn't matter so much as to warrant reworks of all 3(/4 or 5, depending on which suggestions you decide to work with). I mean, we already have tons of proof that each playthrough isn't some kind of self-enclosed universe, aspects of all evils and good biomes are always there. Demon eyes and Eye of Cthulhu, Mechanical bosses that could originate from the Cyber, Haunted armors, bloodroot and the Dungeon are just some examples of this. Doubling the number of mechanical bosses is only the tip of the iceberg if you go down that road, and it would take away from the mystery of the game itself to force the universe into a more easy to understand form. What should instead be changed is what they drop.

That is true. It just seems too thematic in my opinion to have 3 (actually 5 because I follow your thread as well :happy:) of the most important bosses all seem to be modeled after one biome. Ahh, maybe I'll figure out some way to reconcile my thoughts. I had an idea once about theming each of the third-tier mechs (Destroyer, Motherboard, and Behemech) after their respective biome, but it didn't seem to work very well. One day I'll come up with something.

And might I add, I absolutely LOVE your suggestions. You and Zoomo seriously need to collaborate in a more overt fashion because that is some amazing stuff over there sir.

In Hallow worlds: Mechs are silver/gray/white with yellow highlights

In Cyber worlds: Mechs are silver/gray/white with cyan highlights?

They'd drop Hallow/Cyber ore.. not bars! I want to build with ores and bricks :dryadcry:

The idea is they are made of the stuff, so you'd be using their scrap metal to craft the mech tier gear.

In Hallow worlds: Mechs are silver/gray/white with yellow highlights

In Cyber worlds: Mechs are silver/gray/white with cyan highlights?

They'd drop Hallow/Cyber ore.. not bars! I want to build with ores and bricks :dryadcry:

The idea is they are made of the stuff, so you'd be using their scrap metal to craft the mech tier gear.

I was thinking more along the lines of reskins of each boss. For example in a corruption/hallow world keep the mechnical skins to allude to the existence of cyber. In a crimson/cyber world give them hallowed(?) skins to allude to the existence of Hallow? Just food for thought.

EDIT: It could also make sense to skin them in the opposite manner, e.g. mech bosses in Cyber, hallow bosses in Hallow, since yeah you are using their scraps to make the gear.

Last edited:
I was thinking more along the lines of reskins of each boss. For example in a corruption/hallow world keep the mechnical skins to allude to the existence of cyber. In a crimson/cyber world give them hallowed(?) skins to allude to the existence of Hallow? Just food for thought.

EDIT: It could also make sense to skin them in the opposite manner, e.g. mech bosses in Cyber, hallow bosses in Hallow, since yeah you are using their scraps to make the gear.

The second way would probably be better, because how would you decide which to use if we include all of Tobbvald's biomes and the Cyber? Then there are 3 "goods" and three "evils"

Edit: Though, I guess the three "evils" based ones could remain static throughout all worlds. So, Destroyer, Behemech, and Motherboard would have one form. And Skeletron Prime and The Twins could have varied forms?

Edit: Or they could be unchanged, as the Cyber has a different scheme than the mech bosses?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom