Items Starfruit and the Golden Heart Lantern

stormconure

Duke Fishron
So these are 2 slightly unrelated ideas, but they are close enough to be in the same thread. Enjoy!

So first, there's my idea for a Golden Heart Lantern.
image.jpg

Crafting: 1 heart lantern, 1 life fruit
Placed just like a heart lantern. Regen is 1.5x as powerful as normal lantern. Doesn't stack with normal lantern.
This gives life fruits a use other than selling, and makes a hardmode version of the heart lantern.

Second idea: Starfruit
image.jpg

Grows in the jungle just as commonly as life fruit, during hardmode. If your mana is maxed out, you can use it to increase your mana by 5, turning 1 of your mana stars gold. This can be done 10 times, for a max base mana of 250 without mana-boosting armor and modifiers.

And I was going to suggest a mana lantern, but I'm pretty sure it has actually been done before, so... Yeah.

That's all for today. What do you think?

Last edited:
this is an amazing idea. the concept of adding different types of heart lanterns and life fruits is great, and i would have never come up with it myself. Keep up the great work
robo bee.gif

you should start a pole for the idea. i think that if it gets lots of support( which it probably will ) it could be confirmed before 1.3 comes out. i would love to see it in game. btw i am a noob to the website, so can you tell me how to post a thread? thanks :)

This is fantastic.

This will immensely improve Arenas through more health regeneration and improve Mages with more mana.

I say to thee, take this Peace Badge of Approval!
peace-sign-of-approval2-png.138222

you should start a pole for the idea. i think that if it gets lots of support( which it probably will ) it could be confirmed before 1.3 comes out. i would love to see it in game. btw i am a noob to the website, so can you tell me how to post a thread? thanks :)
Normally if the poll is just yes or no, I leave it out, because people can show support by leaving a like or responding to the thread.

How to make a thread: click on the topic (so, if you were going to make a new monster, click "NPCs and Enemies"). Then, above the words "last message posted" is a button that says "post new thread". Click that and start typing ;)
I think that the starfruit should grown in hell myself. Just giving hell some love.
Umm... Fruit in hell?... No, it seems more jungley to me ;)

I love the starfruit idea, but I am against the idea of a heart lantern upgrade. We have seen how powerful the original is, and an upgrade (especially a multiplier of 1.5) is simply too much.

I love the starfruit idea, but I am against the idea of a heart lantern upgrade. We have seen how powerful the original is, and an upgrade (especially a multiplier of 1.5) is simply too much.
Actually, the original lantern isnt all that powerful. Im pretty sure its just as powerful as a campfire and maybe even less than honey...

Actually, the original lantern isnt all that powerful. Im pretty sure its just as powerful as a campfire and maybe even less than honey...
It's slightly better than a campfire, but when they stack together with honey, the regen rate is very fast. With the upgrade I think you'd be unkillable.

It's slightly better than a campfire, but when they stack together with honey, the regen rate is very fast. With the upgrade I think you'd be unkillable.
Also remember that taking any damage at all greatly kills your regen rate. Since these increase the rate by a percentage, you actually have no regen directly after taking damage. In other words, destroyer could destroy you if you tried to rely on just this...

Also remember that taking any damage at all greatly kills your regen rate. Since these increase the rate by a percentage, you actually have no regen directly after taking damage. In other words, destroyer could destroy you if you tried to rely on just this...
It's also decreased if you're moving

Back
Top Bottom