Biomes & Nature Starstorm- new nightime event.

What do you think?

• Support worthy (dont nerf star cannon)

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Support worthy (nerf star cannon)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Cool

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
This is kind of OP, in 2 ways. That's way too much stars! Even if you did Nerf the cannon, after one of these happens you have a ton of ammo. Secondly, have you ever seen a falling star fall on a creature? They like implode instantly, I was fighting the EoC once and a star fell on him, it nearly killed him for me. So imagine a night where these things are constantly falling, its a danger to the player, monsters, and bosses.

This is kind of OP, in 2 ways. That's way too much stars! Even if you did Nerf the cannon, after one of these happens you have a ton of ammo. Secondly, have you ever seen a falling star fall on a creature? They like implode instantly, I was fighting the EoC once and a star fell on him, it nearly killed him for me. So imagine a night where these things are constantly falling, its a danger to the player, monsters, and bosses.
that's why I made it so that you can't spawn bosses during a starstorm :p. I should also make the enemies immune to star damage. Players don't get damaged by fallen stars unless they are directly underneath where the star lands. (i think) personally I have never been hit by a falling star, but 200 stars isn't that many. Night lasts for 540 seconds, that's one star every 3 seconds. that's dodgeable.

that's why I made it so that you can't spawn bosses during a starstorm :p. I should also make the enemies immune to star damage. Players don't get damaged by fallen stars unless they are directly underneath where the star lands. (i think) personally I have never been hit by a falling star, but 200 stars isn't that many. Night lasts for 540 seconds, that's one star every 3 seconds. that's dodgeable.
Oh, I really didn't read that well.. That's pretty inconvenient not being able to summon bosses but I guess it is to "protect" them. Anyways stars don't always go straight down, most of them are slanted so you could actually run into a star. Also a star every 3 seconds? Those will be able to be dodged, but during hardmode and maybe even normal, if a monster is blocking your way you are nearly still. Leaving both the monster and you vulnerable.

Falling stars don't damage players at all.

Sprites are done.

This is the Starbelt.
hiEIc4A.png

This is its drop, the Starbelt Staff
BeOdk36.png

And the minion, also called a Starbelt.
7SO4A93.png

Wow fantastic spriting! I presume the starbelt is the mob. What stats do you think it should have.
Hmm...

Damage 19
Life 85
Defense 12
KB Resist 75%

Sound good?

For the minion:

Damage 10
Drops stars at a rate of about 1 per second.

I know that the minion has a higher base damage, but it also fires significantly more slowly.

Hmm...

For the minion:

Damage 10
Drops stars at a rate of about 1 per second.

I know that the minion has a higher base damage, but it also fires significantly more slowly.
I think you should boost up the damage a bit. Right now that is weaker than the slime staff. However the starbelt stats sound good. When i get onto the computer tomorrow, i'll make sure to add it! Rn im on ipod.

This sounds like a hilarious way to get murdered repeatedly by falling stars. Also, the other content isn't that bad.

This sounds like a hilarious way to get murdered repeatedly by falling stars. Also, the other content isn't that bad.
Oh, for the love of-
Falling Stars do not harm players.They are incapable of causing damage to any entity other than a monster.

Back
Top Bottom