Stupidest things you did in terraria

Discussion in 'PC General Talk' started by BlueBullet, Apr 30, 2019.

1. BlueBullet

BlueBullet Terrarian

mine would have to be accidentally being in revengeance mode for the whole of calamity. It was incredibly difficult and I was so confused as to why prehardmode mobs did over 200 damage

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    azekill_DIABLO and Bubby Aurora like this.
  2. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

I remember trying to get the traveling merchant to move in back when I was a noob.

3. SolarDragonMarnyr

SolarDragonMarnyr Eye of Cthulhu

I remember doing the same thing as 'Fiz, and trying to get the travelling merchant to stay xD

Also, I used to think that Hardmode would immediately make your life hell, like, Corruption/Crimson everywhere kinda hell. I still have prehardmode worlds that have characters that I played for a really long time, even if I had way more than enough to kill the WoFfle

Bubby Aurora and InstaFiz like this.
  4. Zaj

Zaj Terrarian

I decided it was a good idea to drain the ocean into the dungeon. It is now very hard to navigate without drowning or wasting an accessory slot on the Neptune's shell.

5. BlueBullet

BlueBullet Terrarian

It does say travelling merchant doesn’t it?

SolarDragonMarnyr likes this.
  6. SolarDragonMarnyr

It does! Doesn't mean I didn't want him to stay, tho

7. BlueBullet

BlueBullet Terrarian

But he never sells anything good! Even the pulse bow is trash.

SolarDragonMarnyr likes this.
  8. SolarDragonMarnyr

But he's coooooool :D

9. Sigma90

Sigma90 Brain of Cthulhu

A few silly things I picked up from Minecraft: That I could sleep in a bed to avoid the night and that light affects enemy spawns. Obviously, neither are applicable to Terraria.

On a bigger scale in 1.2.4.1 when banner drops were random: I converted an Ocean to Mushrooms to try and get some of those banners. I thought this would give me plenty of Mushroom enemies only.* The Ocean enemies still spawned, but off the edge of the map. When that failed, my next plan was to spray Dark Blue Solution all over a Jungle. That resulted in a very angry flower chasing (and killing) me. While it was more productive than the Ocean idea, still no banners.

* My theory was that the Ocean, like the Desert, is made of gravity-affected sand which would fill in any holes. No holes would mean no off-screen spawns hitting the spawn cap and no other biome enemies spawning. I sometimes make arenas for the Pumpkin/Frost Moon in Deserts for the same reasons. In this case, I chose the Ocean because of the Fungo Fish.

10. Bubby Aurora

Bubby Aurora The Destroyer

I thought that the Eater of World's would be as hard as the Eye of Chuthulu, and also assumed that the Solar Eruption was less powerful than the Terra Blade because mobile.

11. Nickel Plate Road

Nickel Plate Road Terrarian

You ever just during your first time playing, create the tiniest box as a house and then try to break an entrance for a door with an axe, but then realize that you need a pickaxe to break wood, but then realize you accidentally threw your pickaxe outside the house before you built it, but also at the same time think it broke because of durability.

I never did finish my first playthrough.

Sigma90 likes this.
  12. BlueBullet

BlueBullet Terrarian

Huh

13. ASG_102

ASG_102 Skeletron

Ok not so long along I placed down a couple of land mines to kill an NPC, it was night so I decided to go underground until it turned day, and when it did I teleported back home, and guess who walked right over the landmines.....
    Also ages ago when I sucked at Terraria I used to fight bosses with no preparation, potions, hardly any arena and would only try to get as much defence as possible without any damage buffs and even die to the EoC, this was back in like 2012.

azekill_DIABLO likes this.
  14. azekill_DIABLO

azekill_DIABLO Eye of Cthulhu

Oh you're one of those guys, like me, which ends with 102 defense at endgame but 2% damage increase? I know that technique. it sucks :D

ASG_102 likes this.
  15. ASG_102

ASG_102 Skeletron

Well not anymore, now I try to balance defence and damage/crit chance. But yeah before I would always choose melee armour for defence regardless of the weapon I was using and reforged all accessories to warding :dryadtongue:

16. Electroman102

Electroman102 Skeletron Prime

Probably selling the Coin Gun and ACCIDENTALLY (emphasis on accidentally) throwing away my picksaw. Both on Mobile btw

17. ASG_102

ASG_102 Skeletron

Don't worry, on mobile you can probably find both in pots or something.

18. azekill_DIABLO

azekill_DIABLO Eye of Cthulhu

This man's is in a crusade againt mobile loot. Deus vult!

EDIT: the stupidest thing I think I've done recently (because I did too much to remember back in the day) is thinking I could tank an explosive trap and boldly jumped on it and watched my about 50 gold (why did I carry so much? idk, normally i never do that) jumping away into a deep cave. *sigh*

19. ASG_102

ASG_102 Skeletron

I hate all mobile ports of any game :dryadwink:
    Also years ago (again) I would always use Meteor Shot with the Minishark and not realise that 1/2 the shots weren't dealing damage.

20. ThatRandomBuilderGuy

ThatRandomBuilderGuy Eye of Cthulhu

I never used potions because the flowers took too long to get. Before I discovered flower pots. This went on until moon lord, and Ocram on mobile. Then started to experiment with stuff and was like “o remembered I never checked dryads shop since after eoc”
    Realization moment.
    Also locked myself out of my base without a pick and had to bomb back in.
    Thought crimson seeds did something cool, so I put all over. We all know how that would go...

ASG_102 likes this.