Menacing Necromantic Scroll
Menacing Papyrus Scarab
Menacing Summoner Emblem
Menacing Avenger Emblem
Menacing Celestial Stone
Menacing Pygmy Necklace

Example of a Summoning Chamber:

Y24xkRC.jpg

The rightmost lever sends a dummy ghost into the chamber with the two hoiks and two pressure plates, and the ghost moves back and forth over those plates summoning slimes and bats from the statues every 0.5 seconds.The player stands over the bat statue to get hit by the bats so that they inflict the Feral Bite debuff. The player needs to stand away from the slime statues, which will be dropping nebula buffs, and only collect them once ready. The water under the slime statues is for the Cute Fishron damage buff.

Protocol:

1) Equip Nebula Armor Set
2) Turn on Bat + Slime Statues and summon minions to kill off bats+ slimes while taking damage from the bats
3) Once at least 3 Nebula Damage Boosts are generated from the slimes and once the Feral Bite buff (+20% damage) is inflicted by the bat, shut off the statues and equip the following:

Stardust Armor Set (+66% damage, +5 minion)
Menacing Hercules Beetle (+19% damage)
Menacing Necromantic Scroll (+14% damage, +1 minion)
Menacing Papyrus Scarab (+19% damage, +1 minion)
Menacing Summoner Emblem (+19% damage)
Menacing Avenger Emblem (+16% damage)
Menacing Celestial Stone (+14% damage)

4) Activate the Bewitching Table (+1 minion)
5) Drink the Wrath Potion (+10% damage)
6) Drink the Summoner Potion (+1 minion)
7) Eat Pumpkin Pie (+5% damage)
8) Collect 3 Nebula Damage Boosts (+45% damage)
9) Activate R for the Cute Fishron Mount and step into water (+15% damage)
10) Use the Stardust Dragon Staff to summon 10 Dragon segments
11) Swap out the Celestial Stone for Pygmy Neckalce and summon the 11th Dragon segment

The Dragon will inflict damage within the range of around 900-1200 on a mob with 0 defense. The single target DPS can reach 11,000:

2B719A2CBA4834C4C954FE27D839EB1BA489510D

After the Dragon is summoned, the player can replace the Avenger Emblem and Summoner Emblem with other equipment, such as wings and a shield.

Last edited:
Do you have a pic of how big the Dragon would be? Because that sounds like a lot of trouble to go to:)

It's not about the size, more about the damage. An 11-segment dragon isn't too much effort to get, but with all this your dragon can do 230% more damage than it would if you had 11 segments without damage boosts.

Joe, thanks for posting this guide (and others!). It's interesting in 1.3 a juiced dragon replaces spear batteries for the dirty work.

Joe, thanks for posting this guide (and others!). It's interesting in 1.3 a juiced dragon replaces spear batteries for the dirty work.

Yeah there seems little point to ever using Temple Traps now, which is a bit of a shame. Once the Temple can be accessed, then the Stardust Dragon is within easy reach - only the Cultist stands in the way because the Golem is too easy if a player can already deal with Plantera. The Stardust Pillar is trivial to take down because it never goes away, so the player is basically guaranteed to eventually get the Dragon Staff. It would be a different story if the Stardust Dragon was locked behind the Moon Lord.

The upside is that my chain autofarm is fully viable with the Stardust Dragon, since it's a very powerful protector against mimics. The Dart Traps also don't interfere with the Dragon from testing, so I can keep them in to add to the kill rate of the farms.

Yeah there seems little point to ever using Temple Traps now, which is a bit of a shame.
Indeed. Like Minecraft, and other sandbox games, a game that pits your ingenuity to manipulate the environment against the adversary...I thought it was the next generation of gaming. ;)

So neither the Feral Bite or the Fishron Mount buff shows up in your buff/debuff icon bar... I don't know if I like that lol.

Personally, I using the sdmg against mimic for the booster(the main principle is similar, but not change for the 11th segment), but never thought of this systemic method.
Good job.

7) Eat Pumpkin Pie (+2% damage)

According to wiki, it +5% of damage.

Personally, I using the sdmg against mimic for the booster(the main principle is similar, but not change for the 11th segment), but never thought of this systemic method.
Good job.

According to wiki, it +5% of damage.

Ah yes indeed, thanks for the heads-up. I'll change the opening post to reflect that.

Quite a wonderful guide you have here. I intend to write something akin to this on my own guide; I'll be sure to look back at this later for reference. Thanks for the tips~

This is great. Personally I'm still struggling with EM Wall of Flesh, so I won't be able to try this for awhile. I'll make sure that I do when I get around to it.

You can use a Celestial Shell/Menacing Avenger Emblem instead of the Celestial Stone.
They're not better, just other options. :p
I have a question. Something's been bugging me ever since I got the dragon, and started summoning the most powerful minions always before boss fights.
Does each dragon segment have it's own stats? And does it "refresh" the other segments' stats when used again with other items?
For example: You use this protocol to summon up to 10 dragon segments with the most powerful stats. But then you swap out the stone for a pygmy necklace to add another one. Does this last segment have its own stat? So the rest deal more, but its new tail/head deals less.. Or does it have overall stats, which would refresh with less damage when summoning again with a pygmy necklace?

Last edited:
You can use a Celestial Shell/Menacing Avenger Emblem instead of the Celestial Stone.
They're not better, just other options. :p
I have a question. Something's been bugging me ever since I got the dragon, and started summoning the most powerful minions always before boss fights.
Does each dragon segment have it's own stats? And does it "refresh" the other segments' stats when used again with other items?
For example: You use this protocol to summon up to 10 dragon segments with the most powerful stats. But then you swap out the stone for a pygmy necklace to add another one. Does this last segment have its own stat? So the rest deal more, but its new tail/head deals less.. Or does it have overall stats, which would refresh with less damage when summoning again with a pygmy necklace?

The damage per hit goes up even if an additional segment is added while wearing lower damage boosting gear. Thus each segment is effectively treated as a separate entity and the stats of the entire dragon are not refreshed each time a segment is added.

Wait a minute...

The Dragon / Summons keep these mega-buffs indefinitely, until you die or cancel the summon?

Can I swap out to Beetle Armor with tanky / melee / wings etc. accessories but still have a 10 segment 30000% damage Dragon?

Back
Top Bottom