Other Support of the Russian language

doxkraft

Terrarian
Hello.
Please fill in the game official support of the Russian language, half of the continent and steam users use this language.
Here are the official statistics Steam:
e65d8d887533f889819708d523971175.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Russian uses a different alphabet than English does. The devs would have to make completely new characters for one language.

Just because half of the continent (which you presumably mean Europe with, and that's only because Russia is so stupendously large) and ~18% of the Steam users use Steam, that does not mean those statistics also go for Terraria.

And finally, English isn't that hard a language and used much more than Russia. Terraria is a good exercise.

Russian uses a different alphabet than English does. The devs would have to make completely new characters for one language.

Just because half of the continent (which you presumably mean Europe with, and that's only because Russia is so stupendously large) and ~18% of the Steam users use Steam, that does not mean those statistics also go for Terraria.

And finally, English isn't that hard a language and used much more than Russia. Terraria is a good exercise.
18% is quite a chunk, I'm not sure about how many Italians play the game but I guess it's a smaller effective than that of the Russians. Maybe someone could make the translations and characters in a mod?

Also, that "english is easy" argument isn't an argument.

Would you rather have it in russian, and have 1.3 two months later, or just have 1.3 on time?

18% is quite a chunk, I'm not sure about how many Italians play the game but I guess it's a smaller effective than that of the Russians. Maybe someone could make the translations and characters in a mod?

Also, that "english is easy" argument isn't an argument.

No, but it is in conjunction with the "it's used much more than Russian". If you force yourself to learn English instead of having the devs spend valuable time and resources on something that doesn't benefit the whole playerbase, then everyone is happy.

I mean not only Russia, but also countries of the former Soviet Union, I doubt that the game translated Uzbek, Georgian, Estonian ...
But with all of this, many residents of these countries understand the Russian language and speak it

Would you rather have it in russian, and have 1.3 two months later, or just have 1.3 on time?
I do not understand the question please for details.
You have a mind that translation can enter with the version 1.3 of the game?

Last edited:
I mean not only Russia, but also countries of the former Soviet Union, I doubt that the game translated Uzbek, Georgian, Estonian ...
But with all of this, many residents of these countries understand the Russian language and speak it

But its not just a question of translating, the devs have to make entirely new characters for a font that they didn't make that complement the current letters. That's takes a lot of work in itself, let alone the translating of 3000+ items, 21 (+ potential 1.3 ones) NPCs and 300+ enemies, to name some.

But its not just a question of translating, the devs have to make entirely new characters for a font that they didn't make that complement the current letters. That's takes a lot of work in itself, let alone the translating of 3000+ items, 21 (+ potential 1.3 ones) NPCs and 300+ enemies, to name some.
In the version for smartphones translation is, why can not there?
Very much like to see the response of the developers about it

Last edited:
Почему не попросить включить этот фанатский перевод в официальный билд?
Why not ask to include this fan-made translation into the official build?

Не знаю, просто спросите Алекса. Он и некоторые другие люди сделали этот перевод.
IDK, just ask Alex. He and some other people made translation.
Because that is not 100% neat translation!
It very good at that point, much better, than others. And more so, that translation complete. There are some minor issues (I think) which can be fixed easily. As an native russian speaker, I can say that translation _is_ neat and somewhat professional.

In your ReLogic just can not create one translation?

They don't have the resources to spare. ReLogic consists of about 10 people, and none of them speak Russian, presumably.

Because not only isn't there any guarantee that it's a good translation, it also looks completely out of sync with Terraria's style.

They don't have the resources to spare. ReLogic consists of about 10 people, and none of them speak Russian, presumably.

Because not only isn't there any guarantee that it's a good translation, it also looks completely out of sync with Terraria's style.
You represent the Official ReLogic?

The impression that you do not want that the game has Russian language.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom