Resolved [Switch] 2-player local?

Hey i thought they said split screen comes at late April,so this forum will disappear right?

I mean, every single other console has split-screen for terraria...
Hey do you think a hardware that is no bigger than a IPad or a tablet is as good as something that fit fully on a bagpack?

It is like comparing a tablet to a gaming laptop

Last edited:
Hey i thought they said split screen comes at late April,so this forum will disappear right?
Hey do you think a hardware that is no bigger than a IPad or a tablet is as good as something that fit fully on a bagpack?

Bro, you should really just edit your top post to have all three instead of triple posting...

Bro, you should really just edit your top post to have all three instead of triple posting...
sorry Buffling i am just lazy to edit it...
and also don't argue with me about the split screen i am just ok no hate or like with no split screen right now

@EggBoy, in the future, please don't double (or triple post). Like Buffling suggested, using the Edit button would be very appreciated (and bonus (!) using the Edit button isn't against the rules, while double and triple posting is. :D). I've merged your posts.

You all need to calm the neck down! I assume no one here knows coding and I don't know much myself but I know it's hard and you guys are acting like it's easy so just back up and let them take their time

So addressing this I know a thing or 2 about code I'm not the most knowledgeable but I do know my basics and from my experience making test things coding multiplayer is hard yes but for a team of people creating one game for over a year now no I know the main reason that it's not out yet and that because of 1.4 not because of the switches hardware limitations god damnit a game that could run just fine in local multiplayer on Xbox 360 should be able to run even better on a console 2 generations later

So addressing this I know a thing or 2 about code I'm not the most knowledgeable but I do know my basics and from my experience making test things coding multiplayer is hard yes but for a team of people creating one game for over a year now no I know the main reason that it's not out yet and that because of 1.4 not because of the switches hardware limitations god damnit a game that could run just fine in local multiplayer on Xbox 360 should be able to run even better on a console 2 generations later

Yeah I always thought that the excuse of the switch hardware limitations was an odd one. I have heard this mentioned by other devs though.

But just look the comparison size of the switch and xbox 360 and the xbox 360 is not really out dated.it is not 2 decade old yete
edit:I changed my mine i did some research...and yes the nintendo switch is more powerful but the switch have more modern terraria than xbox 360 right?

Last edited:
But just look the comparison size of the switch and xbox 360 and the xbox 360 is not really out dated.it is not 2 decade old yete
edit:I changed my mine i did some research...and yes the nintendo switch is more powerful but the switch have more modern terraria than xbox 360 right?

The 360 stopped being supported recently along with some other consoles. It's final game version is not far behind switch version if that's what you're referring too.

The switch hardware is irrelevant in this discussion imo. They released this game and advertised split screen - it wasn't included. They promised it would be added in a later patch. Almost a year later and we are still waiting.

The 360 stopped being supported recently along with some other consoles. It's final game version is not far behind switch version if that's what you're referring too.

The switch hardware is irrelevant in this discussion imo. They released this game and advertised split screen - it wasn't included. They promised it would be added in a later patch. Almost a year later and we are still waiting.
They may have made some mistake but it's not they're fault if they got issues on the split and if I am correct it is hard to bring or update games on switch.Yes i am not happy with the fake adverisment but they are trying they're best,so why don't we just wait?Making arguments,being anger or crying will not solve the problem so we should just wait,it will eventually come.

If I were you I would not be angry waiting but happily waiting it will come as fast they could.I do want to play terraria with my brothers and sisters but problems need to be solved by time not arguments,so we should not be angry but happy.

edit:just compare the switch with the xbox 1 and ps 4 how many space do all of them have?the switch have less space less powerful and so harder to work with.just imagine a game that need 900mb to work and pretend that the switch's limit is 4gb it will look that no logs or bugs will happen but you probably have played other gamed with the switch and that takes up space and then the split have glitches then it crash.then you fixed it but it is not efficient it will cause problem again then you need to see the codes which is wasting memory/gpu/ram and money.But wait people is making aguments about this (yes im apart of this in the past) that puts more pressure and the devs need to work a long and hard time everyday that exaust the devs.So hardware can be a part of the argument bigger space give more space for mother board,more ram more memory more gpu and gives more power to work with. (sorry for some grammar mistakes)(I live at the other side of america sorry for any late responds)

Last edited:
@EggBoy

Guy, you're not going to change my mind or how I feel. I am waiting, as there is nothing else to do.

I will continue to be angry.

You and others have posted so many excuses in defense of this crap port. Nobody is arguing. Nobody is crying. I hardly even post here anymore.

"If I were you"

You're not me.

@EggBoy

Guy, you're not going to change my mind or how I feel. I am waiting, as there is nothing else to do.

I will continue to be angry.

You and others have posted so many excuses in defense of this crap port. Nobody is arguing. Nobody is crying. I hardly even post here anymore.

"If I were you"

You're not me.
bruh "if"
btw I am a kid so you have some problems bro,usually kid's get angry or impatient faster but you are a teen or adult (idk) and u get mad but at in the end nothing will be different and i'm still a kid with lack of knowledge.
mad= someone is pissed

bruh "if"
btw I am a kid so you have some problems bro,usually kid's get angry or impatient faster but you are a teen or adult (idk) and u get mad but at in the end nothing will be different and i'm still a kid with lack of knowledge.
mad= someone is pissed

Maybe im also a kid? You don't know. Maybe im a baby!

I am angry and pissed eventhough it isn't going to change anything, and that is just fine.

You don't need to tell me what "mad"means, I know english. Thank you, though.

If I were you I would not be angry waiting but happily waiting it will come as fast they could.I do want to play terraria with my brothers and sisters but problems need to be solved by time not arguments,so we should not be angry but happy.

The problem is that some of us (me included) bought terraria EXCLUSIVELY to play on split screen. For someone who plays by themselves, I'm sure it is fine for you to wait. But for us who paid thirty dollars to not play the game, it's a slightly bigger deal.

I said 2 console generations old not 2 decades a console generation is essentially when a new major console comes out so wii xbox 360 and ps3 were all in a console generation and technically it's been 1 console generation in between 360 and 1 but the ps4 and wii u came out during that time and now where on the switch generation in which both the xbox scarlet and ps5 are about to join

I said 2 console generations old not 2 decades a console generation is essentially when a new major console comes out so wii xbox 360 and ps3 were all in a console generation and technically it's been 1 console generation in between 360 and 1 but the ps4 and wii u came out during that time and now where on the switch generation in which both the xbox scarlet and ps5 are about to join

I wonder if Terraria will release on the next consoles. I also wonder if they will launch with splitscreen feature.

Back
Top Bottom