Resolved [Switch] Help Defeating Lunatic Cultist

Buffling

Plantera
I cannot defeat Lunatic Cultist. I have tons of weapons, e.g. charged blaster cannon, laser machine gun, clockwork assault rifle, rainbow gun, death sickle, terra blade, inferno fork, ect. Off of the top of my head I have chlorophyte armor, steampunk wings, a bee cloak, obsidian shield, lightning boots, and a cross necklace. I don't know I good strategy for fighting him though. Help would be much appreciated.

Don't make life hard for yourself: Get the Razorblade Typhoon and while you're at it, Duke Fishron's Wings. You'll have a weapon that homes in, allowing you to fully focus on dodging, and the wings are far superiour to the one you have.
Since you're using magic, get the Spectre Armour too.

If you can get a Cosmic Car Key, it's particularly good for this boss as it allows you to learn his attacks much more efficiently. I would also recommend using a Celestial Emblem, Magic Cuffs, and Mana Flower (don't bother with the mana flower if you are on pc, it's too rare and doesn't actually help that much) instead of your obsidian shield, bee cloak, and lightning boots. Also don't forget to use a summon weapon as they're essentially free damage! Gotcha!'s advice is particularly effective too, so don't be afraid to follow his.

If you get a Tempest Staff and summon multiple, they are able to block the Lunatic Cultist's Ancient Light attack. (the one where he shotguns those blue star projectiles at you.)

Thanks, I actually got the possessed hatchet, beetle armor, and the Pygmy staff and I defeated lunatic cultist

Thanks, I actually got the possessed hatchet, beetle armor, and the Pygmy staff and I defeated lunatic cultist
Alright! Good luck with the lunar event. I'd recommend going after the stardust pillar first and getting a stardust cell staff, then going to the solar pillar and crafting a solar eruption. Don't get a stardust dragon staff as that will make your strongest weapons useless (assuming you play melee)

Alright! Good luck with the lunar event. I'd recommend going after the stardust pillar first and getting a stardust cell staff, then going to the solar pillar and crafting a solar eruption. Don't get a stardust dragon staff as that will make your strongest weapons useless (assuming you play melee)
Ok, thanks!

Be careful when fighting the Moon Lord. I fought him once with Beetle armor and I died in the first 45 seconds. You will probably want a different kind of armor.

What armor would you recommend for a melee class?
Well what weapon are you using? If sword/yoyo/mace do Turtle armor. If boomerang do Clorophyte with the Melee head piece. Beetle is optional instead of any of these but the increase of aggression is not good when fighting an already aggressive boss. Turtle armor also has a increase of aggression but the thorns effect makes up for it. Some people think the Beetle Strength/Protection makes up for its increase of aggression but not in my mind.
The best way to do it (for melee) is to put yourself under a line of blocks and use Beetle armor and Solar Eruption.

Well what weapon are you using? If sword/yoyo/mace do Turtle armor. If boomerang do Clorophyte with the Melee head piece. Beetle is optional instead of any of these but the increase of aggression is not good when fighting an already aggressive boss. Turtle armor also has a increase of aggression but the thorns effect makes up for it. Some people think the Beetle Strength/Protection makes up for its increase of aggression but not in my mind.
The best way to do it (for melee) is to put yourself under a line of blocks and use Beetle armor and Solar Eruption.
Good luck. Oh and do not only have one spot to hide under. I made that mistake and died. Have multiple spots to hide under. When fighting the Moon Lord mobility is the key.

What armor would you recommend for a melee class?
You should be fine with beetle armor as long as you remember to craft the Solar Eruption from solar fragments. Just make sure to keep dodging and pay close attention to what patterns the eyes make before each attack.

You should be fine with beetle armor as long as you remember to craft the Solar Eruption from solar fragments. Just make sure to keep dodging and pay close attention to what patterns the eyes make before each attack.
I actually just defeated the first pillar and made solar eruption and daybreak. I have beetle armor.

Back
Top Bottom