Sword Art Online II l Mothers Rosario Arc l The Feels

TerraNova Gaming

Official Terrarian
To SAO Lovers out there, did anyone watch the Season Finale of SAO II? If so, i know tears have been shed like crazy. What did you guys think of that episode?

Imo, Zekken is not a annoying or creepy character as alot of people say, she can be how she is because of what she has. And im happy/sad that they ended it with a happy note.

I need to watch that I thin the las SAO 2 episode I watched was 22 or 23, whatever I will just get on crunchyroll.

Personally, I didn't like it. I found the plot predictable, as in I figured out the "twist" in the very first episode of the arc. I watched SAO (both 1 and 2) to watch Kirito kick :red: and take names, not to watch Asuna star in her own personal Lifetime special.

Its not always about the Main Character, the show has got to expand to different boundaries. Im sure it was predictable but here we take a glimpse of Asuna Life. While Kirito is free, Asuna is being forced to do things she doesnt like and is handling life differently. She meets Zekken and and sees how VRMMORPG's can change somebody's life and kinda help them get through. To really be an anime fan, you cant just focus on the genra the anime is on. Theres not always gonna be action.

Its not always about the Main Character, the show has got to expand to different boundaries. Im sure it was predictable but here we take a glimpse of Asuna Life. While Kirito is free, Asuna is being forced to do things she doesnt like and is handling life differently. She meets Zekken and and sees how VRMMORPG's can change somebody's life and kinda help them get through. To really be an anime fan, you cant just focus on the genra the anime is on. Theres not always gonna be action.
The thing is, the show is marketed as an action show with only a little drama. That's how the first season was, that's how most of the second season was. I wouldn't mind seeing Asuna's life if it was at all different from what we have seen of her before. In season 1 she was manipulated in her guild, in the ALO she was held captive and could not be free. In the first part of season 2 we saw that she was finally starting to enjoy life and get her freedom and yet, in the Mother's Rosario arc we see that she has regressed entirely.

Can I just say something for anyone who has not watched SAO, when I saw the first three episodes of SAO I loved them (watched them on Netflix in English). The next day I woke up and went to school, school was 10x longer that day (well it felt like it) and it was super boring and I felt sick, all of that happened that day because all I wanted to do is watch SAO. I guess what I am trying to say is you need to watch SAO.

She really wasn't getting her freedom. It was based on what we saw when it was still focusing on Kirito, but she was still dealing with her mom behind the scenes.

She really wasn't getting her freedom. It was based on what we saw when it was still focusing on Kirito, but she was still dealing with her mom behind the scenes.
She was becoming more free. It can be seen if you look at season 1, in SAO her only friends were Yui and Kirito. Granted she had working relationships with the rest of the gang it couldn't be said that they were friends. In SAO 2 we see that she has made friends with the others and is breaking out of her shell, becoming free. Then in the last arc, her mother is shoehorned in and we see her completely revert.

Season 1, she was trapped there. Season 2, she was becoming free but not as much. She wanted to play SAO to get away from home and not deal with her mom. Even being in a rich family, you still cant get alot of time to your self.

Season 1, she was trapped there. Season 2, she was becoming free but not as much. She wanted to play SAO to get away from home and not deal with her mom. Even being in a rich family, you still cant get alot of time to your self.
Yet this escapism of hers, is not really brought up as an issue until THIS arc. Sure at the end of ALO we learn about the organized marriage, but we don't see that she has this negative relationship with her family. To me it seemed like the creator realized that Asuna needed some more screen time and therefore decided to thrust the archetype of "trapped unhappy rich girl" onto her.

Let's end this argument as it is getting no where. I did really like the fight scenes with Zekken, I wished we could have seen her first fight with Kirito in it's entirety as well as the duel they showed them having during the montage.

I wish everyone didnt focus on one thing. But oh well, this generation sucks and wants more action. Guess it cant be helped.
Are you really complaining that I like the fight scenes? Alright, lets talk about the symbolic implication of Zekken being connected to a massive machine to live and how it serves as a commentary for modern society. You see the point the creators is trying to make here is that we as a society are regressing into a state of mass technology addiction, we need the machines as much as Zekken does. We could talk about her unhealthy use of escapism, but that would be a whole other bag of allegory.

I think I have to agree with Matsu how the Mother Rosario arc was not that good, I don't crave it like I did all of season one and most of season 2.

Im not complaining about the fight scenes, sure they were kick a$$, but its nice to explore other things.
That being said although I did find the plot incredibly underwhelming I did enjoy the symbolism that was Zekken. She serves to show that escapism can be healthy, and in some cases needed. She showed to Asuna that some things could not simply be explained and that to truly touch her mother she needed to interact with her on even terms. As a person to a person not a child to a parent.

Back
Top Bottom