Biomes & Nature Tar - The fourth liquid!

Would this be fitting as the fourth liquid?

• Yeah!

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No. (tell me how to make it better) (no i don't want to hear your idea)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Oh yeah, this would be extremely slow wouldn't it. I think it might be interesting if the last liquid was one that flowed even faster than water.

something different
Yes, please.

We had water at the start. Then lava, which flows slower than water. After that honey, which flows even slower than lava. And we're adding another that moves even slower than that?

last liquid was one that flowed even faster than water.
Gas. Say it with me. Floating. Gas.

OK... I might just be hijacking the suggestion at this point. Gonna stop mentioning gas from now on. :dryadtongue:

Yes, please.

We had water at the start. Then lava, which flows slower than water. After that honey, which flows even slower than lava. And we're adding another that moves even slower than that?

Gas. Say it with me. Floating. Gas.

OK... I might just be hijacking the suggestion at this point. Gonna stop mentioning gas from now on. :dryadtongue:

Please. ;P

Anyways I've changed it to be faster than honey.

I also sprited a black onyx gem and made it so that the blocks drop 1 black onyx shaving which, with 5, crafts the gem.

What about asphalt? It's not supposed to be acquired before hardmode.
Other than that, support.
Poll maybe?

I actually can't imagine asphalt being very overpowered in general. All it does is make you run faster. You can make frozen slime blocks prehardmode, and those are almost as good.

Besides, obtaining it requires going to the jungle and working with a dangerous liquid.

I'd rather if there is ever a 4th liquid, I would much rather it be something other than recolored lava. And saying it's lava and honey combined still isn't really unique.
I thought that tar was plenty original. It forms a new block AND a new gem.
Honey forms 2 new blocks, and we already have enough gems with Amber.

I'd rather if there is ever a 4th liquid, I would much rather it be something other than recolored lava. And saying it's lava and honey combined still isn't really unique.

Honey forms 2 new blocks, and we already have enough gems with Amber.
I thought the idea of implementing blacklight could have had a lot of uses. Honey's 2 blocks are a solid version of it that makes furniture and the abeemination, and a crispy one that is only used to make fishing potions.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440953483,1440953421][/DOUBLEPOST]Added poll.

Yeah, I have to agree with what some others have been saying.

I'd much rather have a last liquid that's faster than water, so no support from me.

The idea itself isn't bad, but if we can only have one more, I'd rather it be pretty unique.

Why can the game support only 4 liquids?

No significant details shared, just that the game's code is somehow optimized to allow up to 4, and more than that would require such significant overhauls for just a new liquid that it would hurt the performance.

Personally, I don't want a fourth liquid in vanilla. Modders wouldn't be able to create a new liquid for their mods.

I like it, but no support.
I agree completely.

The river and the depths are two very popular underworld alts. Both introduce new liquids. That would be impractical to rework the engine to have both. However if the slot remains open both could exist through mods.

I agree completely.

The river and the depths are two very popular underworld alts. Both introduce new liquids. That would be impractical to rework the engine to have both. However if the slot remains open both could exist through mods.
Yes, but this is MY suggestion. I like the idea of Aether and Quicksilver, but this is the idea that I have.

It was only said that the engine could support 4 liquids. It was never said that there will be a new liquid.
No it wasn't.

Yes, but this is MY suggestion. I like the idea of Aether and Quicksilver, but this is the idea that I have.
I wasn't saying either of those should get the final slot either. I was saying that the slot should remain empty so others can fill it with the liquid of their choice, including tar and anything else people can think of.
No it wasn't.
So your claim is that there was a definite confirmation of a fourth liquid. I doubt any of us would be able to prove it.

Back
Top Bottom