Sprites Technetium Equipment - A New Pre-Hardmode Subclass

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
So I had an interesting idea for a new subclass based on the engineer from TF2. Here's what I've worked on..

Technetium_Ore.png
Technetium_Ore_(placed).png
Technetium_Bar.png

Technetium

Technetium is a new ore that generates uncommonly in large chunks in the cavern layer of the outer third of the world.
It can only be mined with a pickaxe that has a power of 50 or above. 4 Technetium ore can be smelted into a bar at a regular furnace.

Technetium is the base for all items in this suggestion.

kdcROYP.png

Technetium_Brick.png
Technetium_Brick_(placed).png

Technetium Bricks
Technetium bricks can be crafted with one technetium ore and one stone. They look like this.

Technician's_Wrench.png

Technician's Wrench

The technicians wrench can be crafted with 12 technetium bars. If you right-click while holding it, the wrench will open up a radial similar to that of the grand design. It will allow you to build one of the following machines. (machine-building functions will be explained near the end)

Gun_Turret.png
Grenade_Turret.png
Flamethrower_Turret.png

Turrets
275 Health
5 Sec Build Time

Technetium Turrets will fire bullets, grenades, or flames at enemies depending on which one you build. They will shoot at anything within its line of sight. You can build up to 5 of them.

Health_Deployer.png
Mana_Deployer.png
Agility_Deployer.png

Deployers
200 Health
8 Sec Build Time

Health, Mana, and Agility deployers will create a bubble around them that increases regeneration, mana regeneration, and movement speed respectively. Effects will last for 5 seconds outside of the bubble, which will be about 12 blocks in diameter. You can build up to 2 of them.

Vortex_Spawner.png

Vortex Spawner
500 Health
10 Sec Build Time

If you build two of these within 150 or so blocks of each other, 2 linked portals will be created. These portals will be deactivated for 3 seconds upon use. This would be useful for distracting a boss or getting away from enemies quickly.

You can build up to 4 of them, but the location that they transport the player to will be randomized.

kdcROYP.png

Now that I've gotten most of the content out of the way, I'd like to explain what this class basically is.

At its most basic, this is a subclass of the summoner class. The turrets you build will deal summoner damage. You can build stuff by using the Technicians Wrench to select a machine, and then holding the cursor down over the area where you want the machine to go. Building machines costs 15 mana per second. Because turrets are made of magic.

If a machine is damaged, it can be fixed by holding down your cursor over it, which would cost 10 mana per second and heal it at a rate of 75 health per second.

Building stuff would show an animation where the player smashes their wrench in the air in the direction of the machine they are creating. A spray of nuts and bolts would erupt from it as well.

It would take 5 seconds to build a turret, 8 seconds to build a deployer, and 10 seconds to build a vortex spawner. I am considering the addition of a security bot that takes 3 seconds to build, and will follow the player around, shooting enemies until it is destroyed.

Technician's_Armor.png

Technetium Armor

This class would also have some armor to go with it. The helmet is crafted with 12 bars, the breastplate is crafted with 18 bars, and the leggings are crafted with 16 bars.

In total, the armor will increase your machine building speed by 25%, your overall damage by 15%, and your defense by 14.
Set Bonus : When constructing a machine, you will be incased in a bubble that can absorb up to 75 damage before it pops, sending enemies flying backwards. It has a cool down timer of 3 seconds.

Clentiminator.png

Clentiminator

A smol baby clentaminator. It has 1/3 the range of the clentaminator and uses purification, vile, or vicious powder for ammo, thus it is pre-hardmode but can only purify stuff.

There is some more I wish to include, but I will probably save it for a later date. I'd like to say that I didn't include some stats because they aren't really that important. I just like making the sprites for these. If you wanted to guess how powerful this armor would be, you could rank it at a mid-prehardmode level of strength.
Leave some feedback on what I should add or improve. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Really liking this Idea! I've never heard of a summoner actually building its own minions. Are they like canons you build and place with the wrench? Or is the Wrench like a whole new crafting station you can carry with you?

Really liking this Idea! I've never heard of a summoner actually building its own minions. Are they like canons you build and place with the wrench? Or is the Wrench like a whole new crafting station you can carry with you?
The wrench is like the grand design with a radial that allows you to choose what you can build.

Somehow I get the idea that armor made from Technetium would be very hazardous to your health.

A sub class of summoner using minions with health is something that has crossed my mind. I didn't think of it like this however.

What would be the maximum amount?

Oohhh so it opens up a little menu like when you open a chest?
No, like this.
200px-Player.png

Somehow I get the idea that armor made from Technetium would be very hazardous to your health.

A sub class of summoner using minions with health is something that has crossed my mind. I didn't think of it like this however.

What would be the maximum amount?
Maybe like 8 turrets, 2 deployers, and 4 vortex spawners.

And yeah, it would be pretty dangerous to wear considering the fact that its radioactive. ;)

Oh that looks cool! It kinda reminds me of the TF2 Engineer menu. Also, how do you make the turrets and such? Do those require Technetium?
i really should have taken another 5 minutes to fill in all the parts i missed while writing this lol

Anyways no, building machines takes no resources.

Rather than having the ore spawn naturally, it should have to be created and be an endgame ore. The reason is that the Wrench's mechanics are too unique for a pre-HM weapon and that Technetium is a mostly synthetic element.

Rather than having the ore spawn naturally, it should have to be created and be an endgame ore. The reason is that the Wrench's mechanics are too unique for a pre-HM weapon and that Technetium is a mostly synthetic element.
I'm not trying to be realistic with the ore naming. Also I was going to make a hardmode version of this.

Pretty cool I was wondering could there instead being a regular tools could be mining themed.

-Example: Technetium Chainsaws, Drills, Daggers, Drillsword and The Mechanical Bow

I don't know just so random suggestions for this awesome idea! 8)

Back
Top Bottom