Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Discussion in 'Released' started by BinaryConstruct, May 23, 2016.

1. Anubis

Anubis Terrarian

found something interesting, It seems you can modify modded worlds, the only extent that I went to was to remove the crimson and saved it (not before making a copy) and reloaded and despite TEdit saying the space was empty found the Calamities Astral meteor biome right where it was. I haven't done a comprehensive search to see if all is well but so far it seems so.

2. Ghostl00l

Ghostl00l Terrarian

I keep getting a unhandled exception on a map whenever I go to edit it in TEdit, its Diceman's big afk farm. Was trying to use it to get a good count on blocks and such and I keep getting that crash when I get to the room with all the paintings on it. Anyway to fix this? Not had it happen on any other map

3. Quakelife911

Quakelife911 Terrarian

not if you have windows 10

4. A68AGamingYT

A68AGamingYT Terrarian

Hey, lots of people out there are Mac users (including me) and most of us would like a way to get this on Mac. It would be very nice if someone could convert this to be usable in Macs.

5. thejaxster

thejaxster Skeletron

Not what you want to hear, but you can always use bootcamp to install Microsoft Windows and the developer doesn't have to spend time on a port and continue to improve the app. Just my opinion, but it is a solution for all of us that have Macs, I own a MacBoook Pro but prefer playing on Windows myself.

6. A68AGamingYT

A68AGamingYT Terrarian

Actually, I agree with you on playing on Windows instead. It would be really nice if you could give me a link to a detailed tutorial or something!
    thanks for the answer

Edit: I found a youtube video, if anybody else wanted it here is the video:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    thejaxster likes this.
  7. zinkies89

zinkies89 Terrarian

Having problems. Can't find the way to Edit it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2019 ---
    Im trying to make my world Expert to normal. Since Im playing on the skyblock mod.

8. unrealmegashark

unrealmegashark Terrarian

guys, we really need a Mac version. i know there's parallels but,

9. r4v1n6

r4v1n6 Official Terrarian

Unfortunately that would require TEdit to be rewritten from scratch, as it's currently isn't written with portability in mind. That is a major task, which I doubt anyone have the time/energy to do.

10. thejaxster

thejaxster Skeletron

you can always use "bootcamp" and dual boot windows 10 to make the mac better and be able to run TEdit :)

TheWorfer27 likes this.
  11. unrealmegashark

unrealmegashark Terrarian

i'll try then!