Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Found a little something: Steampunk sprites are split into 2 groups "Steampunk" and "Steam Punk". Doors, table, chairs and beds have "Steam Punk" while the rest doesn't have the space.

Hey. I just got back into Terraria to play the new update (with some of the new mods), and I was wondering if there could be some way of mod compatibility for TEdit (in the form that modded blocks/wall at least appear and aren't invisible/non-existant). I play a heavily modded world, and I wanted to make some heavy edits in the underground, but I can't do it without messing up some of the mod terrain generation. Maybe if there was a way for TEdit to read the mod tiles and add them to the tile list? Or just created an "unknown" block for when it doesn't know what block it is?

As a secondary Request: Can we get Liquid Masks?

A new backup is made every time you enter and exit your map in Terraria. This is what I do after long edits just to make sure everything's alright and that if something happens, the backup won't be so far away.

Last time Terraria updated, it corrupted my save, but I was able to recover by doing a copy-all of the entire map and paste it into a world generated with Terraria. It hasn't corrupted again, but I'm still paranoid.
No I checked the TEdit backup file and it was way back when I started it.

Can you randomize chests with items ?
No, currently that's not possible.

No I checked the TEdit backup file and it was way back when I started it.
Looking on the bright side, you don't have to generate a new world and rebuilding should be much quicker than your first attempt. You can go straight for the solution without having to research the best way to solve a problem again. :)

Looking on the bright side, you don't have to generate a new world and rebuilding should be much quicker than your first attempt. You can go straight for the solution without having to research the best way to solve a problem again. :)

I started it with a blank world. I didn't generate a new world.

Found another lil bug while editing a mannequin. There is no Meteor Helmet when you browse head gears for mannequins. Instead, it's called "Bottled Water". Found that out after I put a meteor helmet by myself in Terraria and reopened the map in TEdit.

Any way to use it on mac? Just too lazy to turn the VM on every time I need TEdit + it doesnt work with 1.3.3 properly ( I mean, it does, kinda, but its not officialy supported)

upload_2016-10-3_16-19-55.png

• 1.3.3.3 didn't really introduce anything, just some performance fixes, it also changed the world file number so updated for that
  • fixed inconsistency of Steampunk item naming
  • Stopped trying to render liquid drips, I didn't have any crashes related to it, but it was reported to for someone
  • fixed wrong item attached to meteor helmet, is correct now
  • Made a change to backup file naming, this might help @SovereignVis and others in the future (and those who complain of occasional file corruption when saving), backup files now include a timestamp in the filename. Positives to this change are more backup files, every save event will add a backup file. Negatives to this change is that your world directory will now be cluttered with backup files requiring cleanup occasionally.

I still don't trust the backup files. I think from now on I'm just going to make schematics of everything so I have all the parts to rebuild things. This means my soccer stadium will be in like 40 pieces, but at least if the map files get corrupt again I could rebuild it a lot easier. `-_-

I still don't trust the backup files. I think from now on I'm just going to make schematics of everything so I have all the parts to rebuild things. This means my soccer stadium will be in like 40 pieces, but at least if the map files get corrupt again I could rebuild it a lot easier. `-_-

I don't understand. This feature was added mostly because you asked. When you save with TEDit, it now makes a new backup file. If for some reason one file corrupt, you just have to browse the latest backup by date and problem solved.

Anyways, I'm happy with this new feature. If something bad happens, we can recover much easier now. I feel a lot safer now when I save and exit. Thanks for working that angle, enigmaquip.

Thank you for the update, however TEdit still throws an error and exit when zooming in on a Underground Desert generated by 1.3.3. It's the Magic Sand Droppers that cause it.

EDIT
Nevermind. Apparently it was caused by me skipping copying "settings.xml" when updating. I thought it only stored simple stuff like the location of Terraria. I was wrong. Being 554kB in size :eek:, it stores quite a bit. Didn't realise it was so important.

Last edited:
So the second I touch a world with Tedit, the file turns corrupt when I am trying to open it.

Tried making a map ingame and then editing in Tedit have also tried creating a new map all together in Tedit and same result for both. Any reason for this? or a fix?

This started happening yesterday, I have a map that I made the day before that is working fine...

So the second I touch a world with Tedit, the file turns corrupt when I am trying to open it.

Tried making a map ingame and then editing in Tedit have also tried creating a new map all together in Tedit and same result for both. Any reason for this? or a fix?

This started happening yesterday, I have a map that I made the day before that is working fine...
Are you using mods? If you do then it won't work with TEdit.
If not then I suggest reinstalling TEdit, making sure there's no old files around from previous installations.

Hi, i was wondering if anybody has figured out a way running this on linux? like with virtual box or something like that. I tried but it didn't work so i thought i'd give it a try asking you guys. :)

Hi, i was wondering if anybody has figured out a way running this on linux? like with virtual box or something like that. I tried but it didn't work so i thought i'd give it a try asking you guys. :)
Well I'm on a mac, and i cant u with that. :D But i myself use Parallels Desktop (a VM basically), and it works just fine. then only annoying thing is that it makes me lag + gotta download Terraria for the VM and copy the world i want to edit from my main computer
[doublepost=1476102862,1476102803][/doublepost]
Are you using mods? If you do then it won't work with TEdit.
If not then I suggest reinstalling TEdit, making sure there's no old files around from previous installations.
Try to find a Windows image so u could install it for Virtual Box, OR jsut find a pre-made windows VM for virtual box

Back
Top Bottom