Tell us your scary story!

Did you ever experienced something unnatural or scary?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No, I guess in lucky

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
This one is super scary and actually happened.

One night I woke up to the sound of thunder and checked my phone to see the weather. It didn't work and wouldn't allow me, but the scariest part was when I went downstairs to see the modem... and I had no internet.

I was walking along the beach during the summer near my beach house when I noticed there was this really shady guy wearing a dark hoody following me. I walked around a bit and doubled back, and he was still following me. I decided to head back to our families beach house, because my dad was home.
I didn't see the guy ever again.

I was driving home one day. Kinda dark , but not too bad. Still had my headlights on though. I noticed this black, tricked out escalade-thing behind me(you know the sort). He would start to tailgate me, then fall back, over and over. I did the usual- 3 left turns, pretend to indicate, etc- and he was of course following me. So I decided to show him what was what, and his behind some trees. Didn't work. Floored it onto the highway, he's still following me, becoming more and more obvious. I turn off the free way, and start to Head back to my house, trying to figure out what to do. Thank foxy there was a state patrol car that exited the highway with me. Turned out that the car was lifted too high without the proper bumper mods. When he got pulled over, I left, casually. However, the whole chase was on the news, recorded by multiple helicopters. Apparently the driver had been going around crashing into people purposefully, and had already hit 7 cars, killing 4 people and sending 2 more to ICU at he local hospital. I was his next target.

Sorry for double post, but looking back on my story, it was actually kinda wild. THIS DID NOT ACTUALLY HAPPEN TO ME. I just kinda made it up as I went.

Night terrors, possessions, and hauntings are often medical anomalies mistaken for supernatural events, but with that said, I have experienced a few signature events, like sleep paralysis, nightmares, hallucinations (not induced by drugs), and even a feeling of being suddenly possessed by something INCREDIBLY cold.

To further clarify that I don't use drugs, I've done hallucinogenic drugs only once in the form of Salvia. While an interesting experience, I prefer dreaming the natural way.

Although I advocate clean living and avoid hard drugs, I have a strong suspicion after recent events that I may be succumbing to dementia. Why I feel this way will be obvious once you, the readers, are done with this post.

I'll start with a few nightmares. I suffer night-terrors semi-annually, but a few of my nightmares really stand out.

I had a nightmare when I was four. I thought I had woke up, and walked to my parent's room. My parents had become midgets, incredibly mean and ugly, and the entire house was disgustingly filthy. I knew it was a dream, and screamed, and again, I thought I had woke up. I "woke up" again, but my room was glowing red through the walls, and there was a lot of evil laughter in the room. It scared me, so I "woke up" again. My bed was a pool of water, lit from underneath, and a great black snake was swimming in the pool I was in. It had no eyes and lots of tiny needles for teeth, which it grinned right in my face. Mercifully, I woke up again, this time for real.

In another dream, some time in my mid twenties, I saw a little girl standing on a pile of bones. The bones ate her after she said something to me, I can't remember what she said. All I remember is running from the mass of bones that chased me down a black corridor until I woke up panting. My legs were eerily sore...

I had another nightmare, much more recently. I think I was about 32 or 33 years old. I thought I had woke up in my room at night, it was very faintly lit. I got a very eery feeling from my closet, which was open a bit, the inside was completely black. It cracked open on it's own, revealing only more blackness, but the fact that the door had moved deeply disturbed me. I have no pets that would have explained it, and the blackness was TOO black. Too afraid to look into my closet, I turned only to find my bed sheets had bundled up into the shape of a person, and was sitting behind me. It reached out and grabbed my arm, and my arm began to burn from the touch of this thing, and the touch had a paralyzing effect. It coiled up around me, burning me more and more, and I gasped as I tried to call for help. When I finally summoned up enough to let out a scream, I woke up screaming for the first time in many years.

And now a few stories of things that happened while I was awake...

I once had the feeling of something ice cold passing through me. Cold spots are often associated with ghosts. I was at my grandparent's house one Thanksgiving holiday as a young boy, I'm guessing about seven years old at most, and when I got up to use the bathroom late at night something cold entered my body, and I was paralyzed until it left. All I could see where the eyes of something like an owl staring at me, and a loud buzz that was very frightening. I couldn't make a sound. Thankfully I had already used the bathroom, I would have surely made a mess. The experience left me so tired that strangely, even though I was horrified, I went right to bed and slept like a rock. Even to this day I have never had a hallucination (if that's what it was) as strong as this event.

I have also seen people appear and disappear right in front of me, very much the same way Tyler Durden pops in and out of some frames in the movie Fight Club. One specific event, I was driving in the rain, and a hunch-backed, trench-coat wearing person with ratty blonde hair appeared in the road in front of me, and disappeared. I was of sound enough mind to know it was impossible, so I didn't swerve my car or freak out, but what happens if my mind continues to deteriorate?

Finally, and hardest to believe, or perhaps the best example of what may be dementia on my part, is my possessed doll. It moves on it's own regularly, especially the corners of it's mouth, changing expressions and even sometimes winking at me, even though it doesn't have movable eyelids. I have talked to it at length and whatever presence is in this doll seems to enjoy my company. I suspect schizophrenia, a part of my mind must have fractured and become this doll, but I have no idea. I can even hear it whispering in my head on very rare occasions. I very strongly suspect mental illness on my part, but it is too interesting, even entertaining, for me to want to seek treatment. Who knows, perhaps as I deteriorate further, the doll will finally speak out loud instead of being so vague. I don't have a movie to compare to this experience, it's actually not scary to me since I welcome the "spirit" of this toy, however I suspect others might find it off putting.

The scariest story of all though has nothing to do with mental illness or potential supernatural activity, but I'll save those stories. I'll simply say that the movie Hostel is rather tame and very reflective of what people do on a daily basis. In my youth I thought of such things as fantasy, but today my jaded mind understands that horror is a very real and living hell on earth, and that throughout history, mankind has been RULED by wealthy monsters who own and operate torture dungeons. The only difference between the ancient times of Culigula, Elizabeth Bathery, or Gilles de Reyes, is today's torture dungeons of the wastefully wealthy have web cams. I believe that some day our society will evolve past letting ourselves be ruled by such wretched scum, but that's another subject...

As far as supernatural things go, I don't know. I believe it when people say they experience things, but I tend to write it off as genuine experience from genuine hallucination. We are all haunted by the ghost we call "I."

I believe the scariest experience I had was both anxiety and nightmares as a kid/tween.

I remember a nightmare where I was going down the stairs... There are 3 iterations of it, I think. It always has to do something with stairs and FNAF . I'm lucky that when I am in a dream, I basically become unreactive and my emotions are nullified. Also, I've always avoided FNAF but I've been exposed to it enough that these happen.

Iteration #1: I go down the stairs, like all dreams other rooms are pitch black. I head towards a kitchen drenched in darkness and I see my dad playing BloonsTD5 (My favorite childhood game.) I go ahead and sit on my father lap, looking at the screen. But my stupid curiosity got the best of me and I turn away. Well, my dad vanished because family members vanishing in dreams are always a sign that nightmares are about to happen. Next thing I know, FNAF characters are watching me as I rush through the outdoor where I get jumpscared by Freddy Fazbear himself.

Iteration #2: I go down the stairs, my classmates in FNAF costumes are spying on me. One girl in my class plays the role of Chica and a lunch lady and I slowly eat food from her tray as I begin to moonwalk, the end.

Iteration #3: I go UP the stairs, where I meet some noodle on a roller man with a 2D face that I can't describe in detail. He acts normal when he's rotating fast but becomes deformed and zombie-like once he slows down. You'll have to constantly roll him. FNAF characters are watching me in the background as I approach a bathroom.

These iterations are scary because of FNAF, it ruins the whole dream.

I also had anxiety and panic attacks when I was young. Around 10 to 11 years old I was frequently having panic attacks in the middle of the night. The scarier part was that I didn't know why I was afraid. It was just a sudden feeling of fight or flight as I look around. I'm lucky that my border between reality and hallucinations was thick because I don't know what condition I'll be in if I did hallucinate during these panic attacks.

That's all folks!

I was driving home one day. Kinda dark , but not too bad. Still had my headlights on though. I noticed this black, tricked out escalade-thing behind me(you know the sort). He would start to tailgate me, then fall back, over and over. I did the usual- 3 left turns, pretend to indicate, etc- and he was of course following me. So I decided to show him what was what, and his behind some trees. Didn't work. Floored it onto the highway, he's still following me, becoming more and more obvious. I turn off the free way, and start to Head back to my house, trying to figure out what to do. Thank foxy there was a state patrol car that exited the highway with me. Turned out that the car was lifted too high without the proper bumper mods. When he got pulled over, I left, casually. However, the whole chase was on the news, recorded by multiple helicopters. Apparently the driver had been going around crashing into people purposefully, and had already hit 7 cars, killing 4 people and sending 2 more to ICU at he local hospital. I was his next target.
Holy-
You were so close to being finished by that guy.

one of the car drive out and it hit one of my grandma's rabbit and it died and the blood splatter everywhere and the blood even stuck on the car's wheel

Back
Top Bottom