Terra Blade vs. Horseman's Blade

Terra Blade, or Horseman's Blade?

• Terra Blade

• Horseman's Blade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can't help but feel you really want this to turn from a discussion to an argument. Aim your hate boner elsewhere, I'm out.
Sir, I don't mean to be that one person popping in sounding rude, but when making such hard assumptions, it's only natural for people who disagree with your statement to point out the reason why, that's not hate because no intention of harm is put in place, unless you cannot accept such act, in which case the fault is not on the person replying. I don't know what you were expecting when clearly making a point sound superior over another.

Terra Blade. I feel like comparing THB and the Terra Blade is sort of an apples and oranges thing. Both have vastly different uses. I'd much rather compare the Death Sickle and the Terra Blade. Those both have similar uses.

Depends on the situation for me. For events the Horseman's Blade is really useful. While fighting the twins is more a of a Terra Blade's job.

Personally, I like the Terra blade much more. Being able to have a reliable ranged engagement while still having high defense means more flexibility for mistakes.

Terra Blade. I feel like comparing THB and the Terra Blade is sort of an apples and oranges thing. Both have vastly different uses. I'd much rather compare the Death Sickle and the Terra Blade. Those both have similar uses.
I think this is probably the most accurite responce on here so far.
There is no point compairing the two, 'blade' in thier names is the only thing they have in common.

Death Sickle is cool and all, especially when you have an high melee speed armor such as hallowed, as it makes the sickles travel quite far before stopping on place. However, its max dps is not only situational, but it is not even comparable to Terra Blade and Horseman's Blade (on single target and considering all the sickles stick on it for all their duration along with hitting with the main weapon itself, Death Sickle would deal an average of 478.8 dps with no bonuses, while in the same conditions, Horseman's Blade deals 865,38 and Terra Blade deals 1072,5).

That one guy completely understands, Flairon is just so dumb since it doesn't even come CLOSE to being melee, more of a magic weapon really. There is absolutely nothing melee about throwing out homing bubbles, the weapon itself is barely an attack.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428368097][/DOUBLEPOST]
Interesting. But I didn't understand what "3 by the actual sword and 3 pumpkins" meant. And even if that's the case (I'll look at the src later), the greater point of the my post stands: the sword wipes out everything in the game in a way that is impossible with the Terra Blade. Although if there were a way to hoik enemies which pass through blocks, the Terra Blade would surpass The Horseman's Blade as it would allow you to pack all extant enemies into a small space. But that isn't the case.

Don't understand what that means either.
The pumpkins don't go for the enemy your hitting, they go for random enemies in your vicinity.

That one guy completely understands, Flairon is just so dumb since it doesn't even come CLOSE to being melee, more of a magic weapon really. There is absolutely nothing melee about throwing out homing bubbles, the weapon itself is barely an attack.
Whats so melee about shooting a beam, creating magical pumpkins that chase enemies when hit or throwing rotating sickles.

Tera blade would be my pick if it was auto swing, but I have to go with Horsemans blade.
Honestly I only use either for small tasks, the paladins hammer with lots of attack speed gives you amazing reach and feels more practical than any other weapon I have.

Tera blade would be my pick if it was auto swing, but I have to go with Horsemans blade.
Honestly I only use either for small tasks, the paladins hammer with lots of attack speed gives you amazing reach and feels more practical than any other weapon I have.
I've heard a lot of buzz about the hammer recently. I never really looked into it since it seemed like it wasn't that great to me. I didn't have great attack speed at the time though, so maybe I should take a second look at it!

It IS autoswing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428540190][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've heard a lot of buzz about the hammer recently. I never really looked into it since it seemed like it wasn't that great to me. I didn't have great attack speed at the time though, so maybe I should take a second look at it!
It absolutely demolishes events.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428540241][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats so melee about shooting a beam, creating magical pumpkins that chase enemies when hit or throwing rotating sickles.
At least you actually have to use the melee bit for those, and on occasion try to hit things with it.
Does anyone EVER try to hit something with the flairon or just click in a random direction?

Does anyone EVER try to hit something with the flairon or just click in a random direction?
Dk you ever TRY to get close to the end game stuff so you could whack them with your sword while they kill you? No? You use the beams. Flairon uses bubbles. not hard to understand.
I'd like to see you try to kill an ice queen with nothing but pure no beam melee.

I personally like the Terra Blade just a bit more since it doesn't put the user at risk. Typically people who use the Horseman's Blade have to move in close, and get crowded on both sides. Certainly THB has a higher damage output, but the focus of Terraria is on surviving. Against bosses, defense beats offense.

But there's one thing I have to say.
both.png

I very much dislike the idea of people choosing only one weapon and sticking to it in every situation. That's like saying "What's a better move for Ho-oh, Sacred Fire or Brave Bird?" Ho-oh gets four moveslots for a reason. A Terrarian's hotbar has ten slots for a reason. Terra Blade for exploration and bossing, Horseman's Blade for killing everything on the screen when there's a lot of stuff on the screen. As stated before, apples and oranges.

If you say something like "I'm selling my Terra Blade/Horseman's Blade because I already have a Horseman's Blade/Terra Blade", I'm declaring war on your :red:. Not that there's anyone who would do that... right?

Well, yeah, if all your enemies are lined up in a row...

oh no i'm getting dragged into this already pls help me
Nah, the first pierce almost always hits, and taking only that pierce into account, it still has higher DPS.
I don't have the math on hand, but W1K laid out the numbers here.

*Clears throat*

Let's not get into this, though. Apples and Oranges. THB is still undeniably useful.

Back
Top Bottom