PC Terra Blade Vs The Horseman's Blade

I didn't use Horseman's Blade outside some testing, as I didn't fight the Pumpkin Moon yet (without testing via inventory editors), so I'd vote for Terra Blade, but... I think they're both good and I couldn't tell which one is better. They're both useful for different things. The Terra Blade is very useful for bosses due to its rapid projectiles. With extra gear rising your critical hit percentage/base damage, it can deal incredibly high damage. The projectile can easily deal about 200 damage and 300-400 critical damage. The Horseman's Blade is useful for events and invasions due to its homing pumpkin projectiles. They can hit multiple enemies flying around you and it's extremely useful for the Pumpkin and Frost Moon. Both are good in my opinion, there isn't any "better" in my opinion.

The Terra Blade is pretty much useless if you look at other weapons.
Horseman's Blade has a higher DPS than the Terra Blade, so that partly kicks it out.
And then the Scourge of the Corruptor travels faster and has higher DPS than the beams.

So we all know that the terra blade and horsemans blade are two very powerful swords ussualy used in a warrior's playthrough here are some details on both

Terra Blade:
Terra Blade

Statistics
TypeWeapon
Damage88
Knockback6.5
Max stack1
Velocity12
Rarity
Use time
15 (Very Fast)
Sell20
Gold_Coin.png

The Terra Blade is a top-tier HardmodeSword, currently with the highest base per-hit damage of any Sword in Terraria. It auto-swings, and fires a green Sword projectile that costs no Mana orAmmunition and can pierce up to three Mobs.
Why Cant "The Horseman's Terra Blade" Be A Thing?

Horseman's Blade has a higher DPS than the Terra Blade, so that partly kicks it out.
And then the Scourge of the Corruptor travels faster and has higher DPS than the beams.

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure on that.

I've tested both the Terra Blade and the Scourge in the HM Dungeon, and I find that the Terra Blade will mow down whole hallways of enemies, meanwhile the Scourge takes forever to kill two mobs.

The beams pierce 1 enemy for full damage, meanwhile the scourge does damage, and then splits up into two smaller projectiles that seem to do less damage each. Neither of these pierce, but they do home. The homing is nice in some situations, but a lot of times, if you've anything like a hallway in front of you, you can mow a whole row of HM Skeletons down in seconds much faster with the Terra Blade. Also, Paladins are just ridiculously laughable if you use a Terra Blade.

You hit it with the swing of the blade, and the blade beam hits it as it is going through it (and it will hit anything behind it). If you keep walking backwards while swinging, the Paladin will never throw his hammer and it can't hit you either which means you can easily melee it to death and keep everything behind it dead at the same time, as long as you have a long enough hallway to keep walking away from it. If not, let some wimpy mob hit you and then run through the paladin while you're still immune to lead him back down the other way. Or, simply line a hallway with normal dungeon spikes and have high defense armor so you're constantly taking 1 damage and triggering your damage immunity. Either/or.

Either way, I find the ONLY time I prefer the Scourge is for the guys with the Shadowbeam Staff; the homing projectiles are nicer for taking them down when they keep teleporting everywhere and/or when there are lots of obstructions in my way and no hallways nearby to line up enemies for piercing TB beams.

Meanwhile, the Horseman's Blade forces you to actually strike something in melee to even get its projectiles whatsoever. The pumpkins can really start racking up the damage, BUT, you have to be in melee range before you can start, and it can take the pumpkins a couple seconds to start the damage. There's significant ramp-up, meanwhile Terra Blade's projectiles are there instantly and always.

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure on that.

I've tested both the Terra Blade and the Scourge in the HM Dungeon, and I find that the Terra Blade will mow down whole hallways of enemies, meanwhile the Scourge takes forever to kill two mobs.

The beams pierce 1 enemy for full damage, meanwhile the scourge does damage, and then splits up into two smaller projectiles that seem to do less damage each. Neither of these pierce, but they do home. The homing is nice in some situations, but a lot of times, if you've anything like a hallway in front of you, you can mow a whole row of HM Skeletons down in seconds much faster with the Terra Blade. Also, Paladins are just ridiculously laughable if you use a Terra Blade.

You hit it with the swing of the blade, and the blade beam hits it as it is going through it (and it will hit anything behind it). If you keep walking backwards while swinging, the Paladin will never throw his hammer and it can't hit you either which means you can easily melee it to death and keep everything behind it dead at the same time, as long as you have a long enough hallway to keep walking away from it. If not, let some wimpy mob hit you and then run through the paladin while you're still immune to lead him back down the other way. Or, simply line a hallway with normal dungeon spikes and have high defense armor so you're constantly taking 1 damage and triggering your damage immunity. Either/or.

Either way, I find the ONLY time I prefer the Scourge is for the guys with the Shadowbeam Staff; the homing projectiles are nicer for taking them down when they keep teleporting everywhere and/or when there are lots of obstructions in my way and no hallways nearby to line up enemies for piercing TB beams.

Meanwhile, the Horseman's Blade forces you to actually strike something in melee to even get its projectiles whatsoever. The pumpkins can really start racking up the damage, BUT, you have to be in melee range before you can start, and it can take the pumpkins a couple seconds to start the damage. There's significant ramp-up, meanwhile Terra Blade's projectiles are there instantly and always.
I actually find the opposite, usually. Paladins are different because of attack speed. Usually, I find TB best for focusing down small groups of enemies at close range (which HB does better at), while Scourge kills anything, any distance a long as it is not behind a wall. Scourge usually wipes out every enemy in a hallway before I even enter.

I actually find the opposite, usually. Paladins are different because of attack speed. Usually, I find TB best for focusing down small groups of enemies at close range (which HB does better at), while Scourge kills anything, any distance a long as it is not behind a wall. Scourge usually wipes out every enemy in a hallway before I even enter.

Playstyle differences, perhaps?

Not sure.

I think the Terra Blade is a good all-purpose weapon that shines at both close distance and long-range battle. The only downside is that it does not have homing or wall-piercing projectiles. It's got ridiculous attack speed, auto-swing, incredibly long-range beams, the beams fire incredibly fast and do full damage, etc.

I can't find any faults in the weapon at all, to be honest. In fact it is almost too good if you get a Legendary prefix on it. You just wipe out everything in your path. I think Duke Fishron is probably the only thing I wouldn't use a Terra Blade on (because he moves too fast; it'd be difficult to actually aim your shots) Pre-Moons (Flairon obviously beats it hands-down).

Horseman's Blade has a higher DPS than the Terra Blade,
No, it doesn't. @W1K proved it doesn't woth maths here.

Straight up DPS is a factor, but not the only factor in weapon choice.

As previously mentioned, one needs to strike an enemy in melee range to activate the projectiles of the Horseman's Blade, meanwhile the Terra Blade's projectiles are always active upon swinging, even if you hit nothing at all.

Terra Blade's projectiles can be aimed, Horseman's Blade cannot be aimed; the pumpkins follow an AI that chooses its targets seemingly randomly.

Even if the two swords are tied in DPS, there'd be situations where one would out-shine the other and vice-versa. They are both excellent weapons which have their niches that they fill. And of course, both are out-classed by Flairon (unless, of course, you need extreme long-range, then the Terra Blade might still be good to hold onto).

I know no ones gonna see this cos its such an old post but if anyone does, is it bad that i refuse to part with my horseman's blade post moonlord, i just love it too much.

Well, the Headless Horseman's Blade is for good damage because of the pumpkins, the Terra Sword has a more straight ranged weapon, the Headless Blade's pumpkins can go through walls and chase the enemy, etc. But, I would use the Terra Sword since I'm pretty good at aiming.:pumpking:

While I play the game as a ranger, I got both swords for the heck of it and I have to say, out of both of them, I found the horsemen blade to be more fun, because I would use it when I was farming the pumpkin moon for the raven staff and other summoning items to deal with the wvyerns
(I was using the afk farm that Happy Days used)

Back
Top Bottom