Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

600 x 600 world:
IJrpask.png

My lord, that is a cluster of "WHAT."

Can't wait until the next release, I want to fiddle around with this. XD

as somebody who once fiddled with world sizes via tedit, i can warn folks about some quirks multiplayer has with custom world sizes, namely that in some cases you might be able to go outta bounds and fall into hell, with the only thing stopping your fall being the generated blocks to the side you walked off from. not sure if the tool will have this issue as i do not have it myself, but i do know it can happen in the case of tedit worlds with custom sizes.

as somebody who once fiddled with world sizes via tedit, i can warn folks about some quirks multiplayer has with custom world sizes, namely that in some cases you might be able to go outta bounds and fall into hell, with the only thing stopping your fall being the generated blocks to the side you walked off from. not sure if the tool will have this issue as i do not have it myself, but i do know it can happen in the case of tedit worlds with custom sizes.

I'm sure the tool will set the dimensions of the world correctly.

v0.1.8 Now Released!

New to this update:
Beach length: Long
5fSQQ68.png

Beach length: Short
foRq32h.png

World Width/Height Sliders:
600 x 600 world
IJrpask.png

16800x1200 world:
0PlM36k.png

Non-cave Gems veins:
yeYrvxc.png

Trap specific sliders:
CXlIHGS.png

Slider precision with the keyboard

Note: As for actually running extra large worlds, you'll need to wait for a mod I'm making. But you can view them in TEdit while you wait.

v0.1.8 Now Released!

New to this update:
Beach length: Long
5fSQQ68.png

Beach length: Short
foRq32h.png

World Width/Height Sliders:
600 x 600 world
IJrpask.png

16800x1200 world:
0PlM36k.png

Non-cave Gems veins:
yeYrvxc.png

Trap specific sliders:
CXlIHGS.png

Slider precision with the keyboard

Note: As for actually running extra large worlds, you'll need to wait for a mod I'm making. But you can view them in TEdit while you wait.

Was not expecting you to release it shortly after mentioning it. Dang, you work fast.

Now that I've gotten a chance to use the newest version, I've found a problem:

In the micro biomes section, two of the options are cut off the window when using a smaller resolution (in my case, 1366x768). These are underground cabins, temple traps and the button to go back as well, so you get stuck in the menu and have to force close the tool.

Would there be a way to resolve this? I can't exactly make my screen resolution higher than it already is.

Last edited:
Now that I've gotten a chance to use the newest version, I've found a problem:

In the micro biomes section, two of the options are cut off the window when using a smaller resolution (in my case, 1366x768). These are underground cabins, temple traps and the button to go back as well, so you get stuck in the menu and have to force close the tool.

Would there be a way to resolve this? I can't exactly make my screen resolution higher than it already is.
I was planning on reorganizing some items, since I noticed that was pretty long, but I didn't get around to it.

Anyway, my suggestion for now is go to the screen resolution settings (right click desktop) and make it portrait instead of landscape. You'll have to tilt your head, but it should do until I fix it.

I was planning on reorganizing some items, since I noticed that was pretty long, but I didn't get around to it.

Anyway, my suggestion for now is go to the screen resolution settings (right click desktop) and make it portrait instead of landscape. You'll have to tilt your head, but it should do until I fix it.

Unfortunately that messes with my mouse as well, so that probably won't work. Guess I will have to wait.

Whenever I use the tool to create a world, the world is put into my vanilla Terraria and I'm just wondering if there's a way for it to go right in to my tmodloader Terraria

I have made a mobile sized 1.3 world just for fun which the wiki says 1750 x 900 is the mobile size i couldnt get exactly 1750 so its 1800x900

Attachments

• Mobile sized world.png
    Mobile sized world.png
    418 KB · Views: 348
Whenever I use the tool to create a world, the world is put into my vanilla Terraria and I'm just wondering if there's a way for it to go right in to my tmodloader Terraria

it shouldn't be that hard. just figure out where your modded worlds get saved, then take the save from vanilla terraria and place it in with the modded worlds, in theory.

and if you want to know where terraria saves for vanilla, it should be documents -> my games.

I have made a mobile sized 1.3 world just for fun which the wiki says 1750 x 900 is the mobile size i couldnt get exactly 1750 so its 1800x900
Nice, I'm glad the options are actually working.
Unfortunately that messes with my mouse as well, so that probably won't work. Guess I will have to wait.

v0.1.9 Now Released

This release has 2 features:

1. Reorganized menu to accommodate smaller screens better.

2. Option in Debug menu to save to tModLoader folder. (No, not mod support yet, just save some people the trouble of moving the files.)
gwOSVns.png

Nice, I'm glad the options are actually working.

v0.1.9 Now Released

This release has 2 features:

1. Reorganized menu to accommodate smaller screens better.

2. Option in Debug menu to save to tModLoader folder. (No, not mod support yet, just save some people the trouble of moving the files.)
gwOSVns.png

Man, you work fast. Thanks for accomidating to smaller screen resolutions!

Being able to import and export settings would be really nice for those times when the generator fails and you need to reset everything.

Hi, using .1.9 and it doesn't do anything when I launch it, except add the windows load circle to the mouse cursor when inside the explorer window. The process does not show up in task manager; I could see it using process explorer but it wasn't doing anything (static ram usage, no cpu usage). The exe is in the same folder as Terraria.exe.

Seemed to have encountered a problem. When recreating a world with the same settings, during world creation the 'freeing unused resources(?)' sentences comes up, it goes up a few %, then the tool crashes. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Hi, using .1.9 and it doesn't do anything when I launch it, except add the windows load circle to the mouse cursor when inside the explorer window. The process does not show up in task manager; I could see it using process explorer but it wasn't doing anything (static ram usage, no cpu usage). The exe is in the same folder as Terraria.exe.
Is this new to 1.9? You can try 1.8 and tell me if anything changes. It might be Windows doing the "blocking" thing it does with downloaded files. http://bit.ly/TerraCustom_v_0_1_8

Being able to import and export settings would be really nice for those times when the generator fails and you need to reset everything.
Yes, it would. It's on my todo list.

Seemed to have encountered a problem. When recreating a world with the same settings, during world creation the 'freeing unused resources(?)' sentences comes up, it goes up a few %, then the tool crashes. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll remember to fix that next time.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll remember to fix that next time.

Ah, so it's a minor glitch.

Anyways, I noticed that the world size sliders don't 'remember' their set location if altered like the rest of the options do. Would it be possible to make them 'remember' where they are last set?

Back
Top Bottom