Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Thank you so much for making this. The options already in place are amazing. My friend and I use this tool a lot.

You mentioned separate sliders for separate traps. I am one of the people who would use this option.

From the list of planned things my #1 thing to implement is an option to generate more Chlorophyte Ore. (I get so sick of looking for that stuff. I can never find enough of it. It would be great if Chlorophyte Ore could be spawned when the world is generated and the amount spawned.)

A feature I would like to request is a way to make a flooded world. What I mean is the surface of the entire world would have water on top of it. Another way to put it is a sea level slider. This could be a challenge option. You would spawn underwater or on a hill. I will draw up an example map later.

Thanks again for making the program. Also a HUGE THANKS for taking suggestions and implementing them. Not many modders would shape the mod entirely around user input. I tip my hat to you. If you take monetary donations I would gladly throw some your way as a way of saying thanks. I always say to modders I love, I'd be happy to buy you a beer!!

Is there a way to run this program in debug/logging mode? I would really like to see more of what it is happen instead of the simple titles the progress bar shows. I have had the progress bar get stuck in various places and am wondering which settings I chose that are causing the hangs. I might have a case of tight pants (cramming too much into the map). I have always used Large map size and have kept all the option sliders low enough that none of them reported failure likely. I have been putting them up to about 10% below where the message would pop up.

It isn't a system compatibility issue. I have generated at least 30 maps successfully where I have only changed a few settings (small increases or decreases).

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to run this program in debug/logging mode? I would really like to see more of what it is happen instead of the simple titles the progress bar shows. I have had the progress bar get stuck in various places and am wondering which settings I chose that are causing the hangs. I might have a case of tight pants (cramming too much into the map). I have always used Large map size and have kept all the option sliders low enough that none of them reported failure likely. I have been putting them up to about 10% below where the message would pop up.

It isn't a system compatibility issue. I have generated at least 30 maps successfully where I have only changed a few settings (small increases or decreases).

Thanks in advance.

I've been having the same issue; mostly with large worlds.

Thanks in advance.
You can download the source off github and attach the visual studio project to it if it gets stuck. Set some breakpoints in the pass that is currently generating and you should be able to find the problems.

The failure warnings are only per setting, and I don't test with large worlds as often, so your mileage may vary.

You can download the source off github and attach the visual studio project to it if it gets stuck. Set some breakpoints in the pass that is currently generating and you should be able to find the problems.

I'm not very familiar with coding in visual studio so I doubt I can debug anything. :dryadconfused:

The failure warnings are only per setting, and I don't test with large worlds as often, so your mileage may vary.

This ^ though helps out a lot. Knowing that the failure messages are on a per setting basis I draw from this knowledge that if I put a lot of settings right before the failure point I am in a sense drastically increasing my overall failure rate. The more fiddling around I do with different setups I am sure I can get the worlds I am looking for.
Thanks for the info.:dryadhappy:

I'm not very familiar with coding in visual studio so I doubt I can debug anything. :dryadconfused:

This ^ though helps out a lot. Knowing that the failure messages are on a per setting basis I draw from this knowledge that if I put a lot of settings right before the failure point I am in a sense drastically increasing my overall failure rate. The more fiddling around I do with different setups I am sure I can get the worlds I am looking for.
Thanks for the info.:dryadhappy:
Well, the debugging messages would just be a clone of the progress bar messages, so that wouldn't help much. Eventually I'll have an option to save settings to file, which you could pass on to me to debug if needed. Minecarts and underground cabins are the worst offender, followed by dungeon/temple size. To be honest, going near the max value on pretty much any of the sliders is overkill, but I've left the option in in case someone really wants to push something to the limit.

I seem to be having a problem where I can't go back into worlds created by TerraCustom if I exit them for the first time.

I do use mods that add worldgen so that may have something to do with it, or not.

I seem to be having a problem where I can't go back into worlds created by TerraCustom if I exit them for the first time.

I do use mods that add worldgen so that may have something to do with it, or not.
That sounds like a mod is written incorrectly to me. On the tModLoader page there have been reports of that in the last day or so, so the culprit is likely whatever mod updated recently.

Looking forward to making slightly larger Medium worlds. I feel they're not 'deep' enough.

Question: What does the "PreSmash Alters prevent random Corruption/Crimson/Hallow spawn" mean? Does that mean if enabled, when you smash an alter it will not spawn corruption or hallow in world randomly?

Looking forward to making slightly larger Medium worlds. I feel they're not 'deep' enough.

Question: What does the "PreSmash Alters prevent random Corruption/Crimson/Hallow spawn" mean? Does that mean if enabled, when you smash an alter it will not spawn corruption or hallow in world randomly?
Yeah, I figured pre-smashing altars shouldn't generate the random block of Corruption/Crimson/Hallow that it usually does in game. I defaulted it to true since that is likely what most users would want.

Yeah, I figured pre-smashing altars shouldn't generate the random block of Corruption/Crimson/Hallow that it usually does in game. I defaulted it to true since that is likely what most users would want.

Yeah, those random spawns can really screw some people over. I've had some pop up in the Jungle once, thinking it would be fine.

So to clarify; if ENABLED, smashing alters WILL NOT spawn corruption/hallowed blocks across a world?

Yeah, those random spawns can really screw some people over. I've had some pop up in the Jungle once, thinking it would be fine.

So to clarify; if ENABLED, smashing alters WILL NOT spawn corruption/hallowed blocks across a world?
Yes, and enabled is the default.

will you make an option to overhaul all enviroments? like if i want a full snow enviroment i can get that or if i want a full coruption then i can get that? (sorry if asked before)

just asking about the setting to change the world size? does tmodloader support larger world sizes or are releasing a separate mod / tool to actually load that world size? because I did notice the "warning will not load in vanilla" text

just asking about the setting to change the world size? does tmodloader support larger world sizes or are releasing a separate mod / tool to actually load that world size? because I did notice the "warning will not load in vanilla" text
Yeah, within the range of small to large, everything should be fine.

Smaller in a dimension than small, it should load in vanilla, but there might be some unexpected consequences. Not sure what they are, but the map might be one.

Larger than large in any dimension, it would need either a standalone or a tmodloader mod. I'd rather just have a tmodloader mod.

600 x 600 world:
IJrpask.png

Back
Top Bottom