Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

Well, I joined just to comment on this - and wow! I only have one criticism and a question

- a couple of menu options require me to close it and start over if I haven't saved customizing. The screen is too small to fit "back" on the bottom, and "generate world" is almost cut off too. It needs either a "next page" or a scrolling bar

And I'm curious, this says that it can generate both evil biomes, but the only options I see are one or the other, or to make one look like the other (crimson with chasms, corruption with the hand shaped thing)

Well, I joined just to comment on this - and wow! I only have one criticism and a question

- a couple of menu options require me to close it and start over if I haven't saved customizing. The screen is too small to fit "back" on the bottom, and "generate world" is almost cut off too. It needs either a "next page" or a scrolling bar

And I'm curious, this says that it can generate both evil biomes, but the only options I see are one or the other, or to make one look like the other (crimson with chasms, corruption with the hand shaped thing)
I try to accommodate the tiny screens some people seem to have, but there is only so much I can do, without writing a bunch of code. Not sure what you mean by the menu requiring you to close and start over.

Those crimson with corruption (and corruption with crimson) options are the options to generate both. I'll try to make that clearer in an update.

I try to accommodate the tiny screens some people seem to have, but there is only so much I can do, without writing a bunch of code. Not sure what you mean by the menu requiring you to close and start over.

Those crimson with corruption (and corruption with crimson) options are the options to generate both. I'll try to make that clearer in an update.
Ah, I gotcha

I mean I get stuck on that screen with no way out. So my only choice is to close the program and remember not to go into that option. It's fine, though, only ones that do that are not essential

Ah, I gotcha

I mean I get stuck on that screen with no way out. So my only choice is to close the program and remember not to go into that option. It's fine, though, only ones that do that are not essential
Can I ask your monitor resolution? Also, I'll hook into the escape button to go back next update.

Huh, people only run into problems when their resolution is smaller than something like 800x700. Are you in fullscreen and haven't fixed resolution or something?
Oh, it's full screen, and nothing's wrong with it. Maybe it's just my laptop being weird

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Any Fix?

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\TileCracks". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\TileCracks.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)

Any Fix?
Follow the install instructions. Looks like you are launching from somewhere other than the install directory.

Will this work for 1.3.4? Because I tried using it and it gave me this...

12/4/2016 8:42:51 PM
[doublepost=1480903128,1480903046][/doublepost]
Will this work for 1.3.4? Because I tried using it and it gave me this...

12/4/2016 8:42:51 PM

My bad for asking the same question that's already been asked. Where are the install directions?

My bad for asking the same question that's already been asked. Where are the install directions?
Install and Usage:
Windows: Copy the TerraCustom.exe to the steam Terraria folder, run it.
Mac/Linux: Copy the files into the steam Terraria folder. You'll have to rename the Terraria.exe file and replace it with the TerraCustom.exe each time you want to use it until I figure out a better way.

Default Terraria Steam Locations:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria
Mac: Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/Terraria.app/Contents/MacOS
Linux: .local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria

Thank you so much for this wonderful tool, certainly with the TEdit it is one of the best community tools.
Do you have a date for us to generate worlds with seeds? Sometimes we generate a great world, so toggle between having some things or not would be great.

Help please there is no the option for Both Corruption and Crimson, I got :
None, Random, Corruption, Crimson, Corruption with Crimson chasms, Crimson with Corruption chasms

Thank you so much for this wonderful tool, certainly with the TEdit it is one of the best community tools.
Do you have a date for us to generate worlds with seeds? Sometimes we generate a great world, so toggle between having some things or not would be great.
After Tmloader gets updated, then jopo updates his mods to the newest version be patience.

None, Random, Corruption, Crimson, Corruption with Crimson chasms, Crimson with Corruption chasms
"Corruption with Crimosn Chasms", "Crimson with Corruption Chasms" are the options for generate both in ur world. Jopojelly tries to clearify this in the next Update.

Bets Regards

"Corruption with Crimosn Chasms", "Crimson with Corruption Chasms" are the options for generate both in ur world. Jopojelly tries to clearify this in the next Update.
Just to clarify: The latter two options do indeed generate both Crimson and Corruption structures. (Including ore, altars and Orbs/Hearts.) But your world will still intrinsically be a Crimson world or a Corruption world. That's a Terraria engine limitation and not something TerraCustom can overcome.

Corruption with Crimson Caverns means your world is a Corruption world. Upon entering hardmode, the stripes will be Corruption + Hallow. The Angler will give Corruption quests, the Dryad sells Corrupt Seeds, and so on.
Similarly, Crimson with Corruption Caverns means your world is a Crimson world. Upon entering hardmode, the stripes will be Crimson + Hallow. The Angler will give Crimson quests, the Dryad sells Crimson Seeds, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom