tModLoader TerraRE - Terraria Rebalance 2.0

so... you want to stack a 20% avenger emblem with a 20% mechanical glove and a 20% fire gauntlet?...didnt thought you wanted to get even more overpowered than in the vanilla game but ok. to make it possible u need to put the decompiled source code into the mod sources folder in your my games/terraria/tmodloader directory. then u need to delete the CanEquipAccessory method out of every single emblem item. after that go into game and recompile the mod source with tmodloader. i will not grant support for any modifications you make. these instructions should achieve your desired result (being able to stack modded accessories) but if u need more basic instructions on how to setup your game for modding, how to setup an ide like visual studio for modding, how to read c# etc follow the links posted on the tmodloader page. have fun ^^

Yes that's pretty much what I want to achieve, just for the lols, I don't even play a melee character.
This is the first time I deal with modding, I have made a couple of sites 1-2 years ago I still have some knowledge in coding but not a lot.
Thanks and great mod. ^^

Yes that's pretty much what I want to achieve, just for the lols, I don't even play a melee character.
This is the first time I deal with modding, I have made a couple of sites 1-2 years ago I still have some knowledge in coding but not a lot.
Thanks and great mod. ^^
i started modding when i had absolutely no knowledge about coding. i wanted to stop being a leecher and make my own stuff to share with the community. because of that im now studying computer science and am learning coding and not simple edits like this mod. i refactored the entire mod with the last update. look up the source code of 2.4 and 2.5 and youll see that its finally looking like code and not a child banging his head on the keyboard ^^. have fun if u need more help pm me :)

i started modding when i had absolutely no knowledge about coding. i wanted to stop being a leecher and make my own stuff to share with the community. because of that im now studying computer science and am learning coding and not simple edits like this mod. i refactored the entire mod with the last update. look up the source code of 2.4 and 2.5 and youll see that its finally looking like code and not a child banging his head on the keyboard ^^. have fun if u need more help pm me :)

I deleted the CanEquipAccessory method out of every accessory but they still are unstackable
Ill leave a link to the mod with my modifications.

Also I took a look at the old source codes, you have improved a lot. Good work.

Last edited:
I deleted the CanEquipAccessory method out of every accessory but they still are unstackable
Ill leave a link to the mod with my modifications.
(link)

Also I took a look at the old source codes, you have improved a lot. Good work.
everythings correct. you now simply need to make that into a mod. cause thats simply the source that tmodloader will compile into a .tmod file. so put that into the "mod sources" folder as i described already. start terraria via the tmodloader, click on mod sources. you should see the terraria mod. then click the "build+reload" button next to it. this is something u need to do every single time u change something (and a few more things that arent important rn). so by doing this u generate a new .tmod file that is then activated in the mods tab. btw please remove the link as its a security risk ^^

everythings correct. you now simply need to make that into a mod. cause thats simply the source that tmodloader will compile into a .tmod file. so put that into the "mod sources" folder as i described already. start terraria via the tmodloader, click on mod sources. you should see the terraria mod. then click the "build+reload" button next to it. this is something u need to do every single time u change something (and a few more things that arent important rn). so by doing this u generate a new .tmod file that is then activated in the mods tab. btw please remove the link as its a security risk ^^

No, I don't think something is quite right... I have been testing the mod constantly, I already made the source mod that I sent you into a .tmod file and activated it but its still not working.

Also I removed the link now. I just had to use that site to be able to upload the .rar since this forum doesn't allow me.

No, I don't think something is quite right... I have been testing the mod constantly, I already made the source mod that I sent you into a .tmod file and activated it but its still not working.

Also I removed the link now. I just had to use that site to be able to upload the .rar since this forum doesn't allow me.
by removing these methods you can stack modded emblems. u cannot however equip vanilla emblems with modded emblems. please make sure all the emblems you are trying to equip are modded ones. if u cant get it to work ill. upload it as a request version on the nexus

by removing these methods you can stack modded emblems. u cannot however equip vanilla emblems with modded emblems. please make sure all the emblems you are trying to equip are modded ones. if u cant get it to work ill. upload it as a request version on the nexus

Im nearly certain the version I made doesn't allow me to stack them, Im trying to equip these items: Fire Gauntlet, Avenger Emblem, Ranger Emblem (All of these are the modded version)

Im nearly certain the version I made doesn't allow me to stack them, Im trying to equip these items: Fire Gauntlet, Avenger Emblem, Ranger Emblem (All of these are the modded version)
sigh... ok ill make a request version for you on the weekend or so... i really need to finish a project now. have a nice day

sigh... ok ill make a request version for you on the weekend or so... i really need to finish a project now. have a nice day

Alright, thanks and good luck on your project.
Ill mess around with it more, maybe I forgot to edit some lines.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm quite fond of this mod, been recommending it whenever anyone asks about mods, but I have two thoughts here. One is about the summoner accessories; namely, that I would suggest that the Master Scroll grant three bonus minions rather than two. My reasoning is that minion slots are discrete, thus the extra slot is more important to the player than any fractional increase in damage that is provided by the other final emblem upgrades. My second thought is that, since I use this with the Thorium Mod, and recommend it to other Thorium players, that perhaps combined emblems for the Thorium classes of Thrower and Healer could be made. Healer already has the Archangel's Heart, but again, as healing bonuses are discrete, the ability to stack an upgrade with its ingredients is important. That, and Thorium already contains analogues to the Guardian Shield and the Elemental Boots(the particularly cleverly-named "Firestorm Boots"), so they could, perhaps, be removed from any integrated version of TerraRe. In any case, I'm enjoying the mod, and will continue to recommend it.

Hello. I'm quite fond of this mod, been recommending it whenever anyone asks about mods, but I have two thoughts here. One is about the summoner accessories; namely, that I would suggest that the Master Scroll grant three bonus minions rather than two. My reasoning is that minion slots are discrete, thus the extra slot is more important to the player than any fractional increase in damage that is provided by the other final emblem upgrades. My second thought is that, since I use this with the Thorium Mod, and recommend it to other Thorium players, that perhaps combined emblems for the Thorium classes of Thrower and Healer could be made. Healer already has the Archangel's Heart, but again, as healing bonuses are discrete, the ability to stack an upgrade with its ingredients is important. That, and Thorium already contains analogues to the Guardian Shield and the Elemental Boots(the particularly cleverly-named "Firestorm Boots"), so they could, perhaps, be removed from any integrated version of TerraRe. In any case, I'm enjoying the mod, and will continue to recommend it.
first of all glad you enjoy the mod. it was its vision to balance the vanilla game first before you could start adding modded items to enhance it. so thorium is one of the big three mods: thorium, calamity and tremor. thorium alone adds over 1200 items. i havent played it but i watched lets plays and reviews about it. when trying to make soft dependencies a year or so ago i failed but i think i can get it to work this time. would just take a bit of time cause i need to understand how thorium works, maybe ask a dev or so u understand? so its an interesting idea and ill put it on my todo list for the future

Alright, thanks and good luck on your project.
Ill mess around with it more, maybe I forgot to edit some lines.
ok i simply deleted all canequip statements, compiled the code, tested it and it worked. uploaded it on the nexus. have fun being op. will not provide further support for it

ok i took a first look at thorium... you told me about the firestorm boots: they dont grant the same bonuses as the frostspark boots and the lava waders thereby i recommend my version of the combination. you told me about the guardian shield equivalent the terrarium defender which is a stupidly high end game powerful accessory. it has so many hidden bonuses that u would not expect of the crafting recipe (this seems to be a pattern for thorium items). for example they grant immunity to far more debuffs than the vanilla ankh shield including frozen, stoned, blackout, venom and ichor. all in all i prefer my solution again.

so about the minion question heres my point of view: in the vanilla game u would stack as many damage accessories as you could, spawn your minions and then equip the pygmy emblem solely for that last "weaker minion", then u would unequip all the damage items except the papyrus scarab and the necromatic scroll (but u can switch their menacing versions to warding too). then u can equip all the best defense and mobility items in warding and keep those stupidly powerful minions. imo this was not the intended way of playing a summoner. i want the summoner to have a loadout that they UPGRADE and not switch for every battle. this buffing mechanic for accessories should be reserved for potions and the buff stations. because of that i gave you +4 minions with the new pygmy emblem which is the exact same amount of minions as any normal vanilla loadout would have cause fully buffed n minions are better than less buffed n+1 minions when permanently using the pygmy necklace (assuming youre using summoner armor). if u look at the math section imo the summoner got hit the least by the removal of emblem stacking.

so in conclusion i will not make any adjustments for these three aspects if nobody provides proof that summoner needs the extra power to stay alive or thoriums vanilla item combinations make more sense. could u elaborate on the healing and throwing items? do you want me to add new combinations of thoriums accessories?

If you need to ask any questions about Thorium, a first step would be joining the official Discord if you haven't:

https://discord.gg/Grz54Yx

The mod also has a fairly content complete wiki if you're interested on looking up in-game stuff:

https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Thorium_Mod_Wiki
if youve read my last post you would have realised that i already read the source code of the mod. also included was an explanation of why i decided against additonal compatiblity with thorium (they arent incompatible in the fist place but u know). thanks for links. both the discord and the wiki are on their forum post so i knew them already but its nice to see that youve invested time into helping me. so thank you but your reply was just a tiny bit too late. have a nice day

ok i simply deleted all canequip statements, compiled the code, tested it and it worked. uploaded it on the nexus. have fun being op. will not provide further support for it

Thanks, took a look at the source code, I have no idea why what I did didn't work but thanks for helping me. (Would have replied sooner, but I didn't check the page until now)

Firstly I just have to say about your mod: thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. My friends and I have done a LOT of terraria playthroughs and we tend to complain about certain little aspects of the game how we'd change them and with this mod you've implemented them to the letter, and not just the obvious stuff like combined boots. The changed stat values, upgrades not having diminishing returns or OP stacking of emblems etc. How to make the useless items more appealing. I'm not going to suggest changes to the main mod because I wouldn't change a thing. It's perfect. While I agree with the throwing addon I didn't install it, mostly because my melee character really likes his daybreak and vampire knives even though I know they're a bit OP on warriors.

I will mention a few things you missed while you were clearly reading our minds in the hopes you consider adding more to the mod. Firstly, before the moonlord comes the "Potatopocalypse". Everyone knows the Solar Potato is stupidly hard compared to the others, mostly on Expert. Most people haven't quite pinned it down to what exactly needs changing though. It's not the Crawltipede, being forced to the ground is an interesting and fun mechanic. It's the Corites and Selenians. The Corites are a little annoying in normal, but they're brutal in expert. They're too fast and tanky to take down before they take a chunk out of your health. They need to have their health reduced by 1/3rd, simple enough. The Selenians are an issue not because of themselves but simply because of the projectile reflect mechanic. Mimics have the same issue. A ranger will easily one-shot themselves to death with their own damage for example. I suggest reducing reflect damage by a whopping 3/4ths. It sucks that much.

On that point. Ranged sucks late game and even has a struggles in the early-mid game. My friends and I have talked for hours trying to figure out exactly why. Firstly is the reflect damage mechanic. Ranged characters tend to be squishy and have high single target damage in general. In a chaotic solar potato raid killing yourself with your own ammo is almost unavoidable. I understand the ranged class being squishy to make up for their high DPS, but it's a little too low. I would buff the ranged armor slightly across the board. Another issue that only applies to Expert is the difference in armor that enemies have. It has a mostly balanced effect on other classes, but with ranged it drastically nerfs the mini/megashark and similar gatling guns. Even with better ammo these guns do low damage by default. In expert mode it doesn't take much armor before the overall DPS becomes worse than even a basic bow. Potential solutions: buff the damage of each weapon affected, buff the damage of bullet type ammos, Make the shark tooth necklace more powerful and upgradable late game as an "essential" accessory, add armor penetration to the effects of ranged armors (seems rather ironic).

The last and biggest issue with Ranged is the late tier armor set bonus effects. The concept of a stealth sniper is nice but doesn't fit in with terraria's playing style. Even with reduced aggro there will always be things to dodge on the screen and when playing single player it's not like a boss will be affected. Higher damage while remaining stationary/slowed is great while farming drops, but you can't explore and stand still. Any large events or boss fights generally require a lot of chasing and dodging, and of course you can't use it while flying/mounted which is pretty much all of the end game content that comes after getting the shroomite armor. A new set bonus is needed. My friend came up with the idea of tying the set bonus to the head armor/weapon type. So maybe the helmet makes your rockets homing or increases blast radius or something. The Headgear could makes your arrows inflict a "Staggered" debuff on enemies lowering attack speed and movement speed for 1.5 seconds. Failing that a moderate knockback wouldn't be bad, but the point is keeping enemies at bay and easier to aim at. Maybe the helmet could also slightly increase the damage that critical hits do when using arrows. The mask could provide a stacking critical buff based on continuous hits. The buff would work just like the Nebula armor buff boosters. More successful hits on enemies increase crit chance. The ideal result would be 100% with appropriate gear, a rage potion, and some Lucky accessories. As for the Vortex armor, make the set ability key be a mode change button for different gameplay styles similar to the above head armor options. One defensive mode to stagger enemies, one DPS mode to ramp up damage, and one destruction mode for AoE.

Oops, I made a text wall again. Sorry. :eek:

I realize most of these changes go against the style of this mod that doesn't change game mechanics, but it felt good to spew the issues with the game balance not addressed by mods so far.

thanks for the praise. you seem to think as much about balance as I do. sadly Ive got little time on my hand at the moment because of university and atm im not really playing terraria. Im quite content with the current iteration of the mod. its a great base line to put addons on like you are describing.

while most of the effects you described work great for the few moments when ranger needs help against trash mobs they wont against bosses as bosses are immune to knockback, slow effects etc. I agree that the vortex armor set bonus is a problem with mounts but imo its way better that shroomite was in functionality. you are correct that the biggest problem rangers are facing in expert is armor and imo armor penetration should indeed be the solution. youve already mentioned the shark tooth necklace which grants a far greater damage increase than many %damage accessories. you (or in this case I) could add armor penetration to either the ranger potion of the ranged addon or the ammo box in general to help rangers a bit, or make a completely new potions addon with an armor penetration potion (you could also search for a mod that does exactly that as it will work perfectly as an addon with my mod). I dont think that rangers struggle against bosses in expert. all classes use mounts or arenas for bosses late game so they all have the same movement speed and maneuverability so dodging is not a ranger exclusive issue. also imo ranger is the only class who can easily cheese the solar pillar cause crawlipedes will never reach a flying ranger with chlorophyte bullet weapons that instantly shoots its tail so the ranger can simply gun down the melee mobs on the ground without any worries ^^.

Im glad you like the mod so much and are sharing it with your friends. dont be afraid to post these wall of texts. they are always a good read and I really consider if I will change stuff accordingly. I might make a few more addons addressing suggestions like yours when i come back to actively playing terraria. until then I will simply add feedback to my ever growing "todo/tothinkabout list", fix bugs and update the mod so you can keep enjoying it :)

Ooooh, a topic of debate AND permission to build text walls. You asked for it buddy. :p

Firstly armor effects vs bosses. The slow debuff is just an idea for one aspect of the armor set bonus, it doesn't necessarily even have to work on bosses. It was more of an idea for holding hordes of enemies back a bit for survivability and because I didn't want to give arrows much more damage then they already have. As for mobility, I'm not saying the ranger has less than other classes, just that the need to use mobility renders the set bonuses useless on both vortex and shroomite. The only situation I or anyone I've played with has been able to use them effectively is when farming drops, and in that case you might as well send in the summoner who can do the same thing while afk. Giving the ranger different set bonuses isn't so much about making life easier as it is bringing them in line with the other classes late game.

As for debating the ranger struggle, it's a difficult thing to pin down. As DPS'ers Rangers should excel against bosses and it's certainly understandable that they'd be squishy to compensate. I would even say they do excel against most bosses, all if in normal difficulty. However, they just don't have any real survivability/dps against expert plantera and moonlord. They do a lot of damage during events, but they also die a lot if they don't make a cheaty hidey hole. Ranged is the most powerful against the mechanical bosses, but that's because of the OP Stormbow. I don't want to completely break the glass cannon concept, so I thought a slowness debuff or escape method as a set bonus would give ranged a touch of skill based survivability and create an interesting team dynamic. I would still also give ranged sets a little more armor, just a little.

I've seen people do that trick to the solar potato, in expert mode one of those chlorophyte shots always hits a Selenian that happens to randomly be jumping and the ranger ends up one-shotting himself with reflect damage. A universal problem, but ranged players die a lot faster to it.

Hmm, about where to add armor penetration. I think it will have to be in more than one place, partly because it's needed early on for use with the minishark, and partly because I feel that it has to scale a bit. When you get the minishark, the sharktooth necklace and a potion ought to be perfect, but late in the game enemies gain more armor at a level where simply reducing 5~8 total isn't enough despite the way armor is calculated with diminishing returns. I just now took a moment to think about where I'd put it in. I would say add JUST 3 armor penetration for ranged damage to the Ranger Potion so it helps early, but doesn't overdo it when stacking penetration, and add 5 penetration when using guns specifically to the rifle scope. "Adds 5 armor penetration and increased view range to guns". Of course keep the stat when upgrading to the sniper scope. This way expert mode guns get help without ruining normal mode or boosting bow/rocket damage too far. 13 Armor pen will knock the 30 damage lost per shot on a moonlord hand down to 20.25 lost per shot. Changes to the set bonuses of shroomite and vortex might make the sniper scope change unnecessary. Barring that, this is my suggestion.

Good talk. :naughty:

Edit: And another thing, completely unrelated to the above. I HATE it when bosses despawn, either from being traveling out of their biome (especially the worm), getting too far away from you (plantera), or just spazzing out in general. I wish all bosses just went enraged instead and returned to normal once their requirements are met again. Quite often bosses just bug out and vanish on their own even under perfect conditions. It sucks.

Last edited:
Edit: And another thing, completely unrelated to the above. I HATE it when bosses despawn, either from being traveling out of their biome (especially the worm), getting too far away from you (plantera), or just spazzing out in general. I wish all bosses just went enraged instead and returned to normal once their requirements are met again. Quite often bosses just bug out and vanish on their own even under perfect conditions. It sucks.
oh the good ol days when u could force despawn one of the twins and have an easy time killing the other one and get the loot. now you simply get no loot at all when one of them decides to despawn FOR NO REASON AT ALL xD so i get ya

Back
Top Bottom