Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
One luminite bar can craft 333 luminite bullets/arrows, I think that's quite a lot combined with the 66% chance not to consume ammo bonus

I thought so too, until I had to use almost an 999 stack against the boss (then again, I'm a poor shot). Considering how difficult the fight is and it's rewards, those are some expensive bullets/arrows.

Oh, nice.
I wanted to have a nice go at martians but spawnrate is now nerfed. Amazing.
Especially good now that you can't cheese Moon Lord with the mirror - THAT is some good news too - and need UFO or something equally mobile.
At least multiply the amount of things ML drops to offset already high difficulty. You can't even make a single set from current drop.

Good thing I finished Expert before this one hit, I can only wonder how far out of solar system would my :red: shards travel if I had to do it now.
Not much farther after I found out what the special reward was though.

I wish I had fought the Moon Lord back when people were actually capable of tanking him without a cheese arena.... *sigh*

Then maybe I'd actually have gotten some armor and might actually stand a chance against him now, but nooo. They had to go and make him pretty much impossible instead of actually fixing him.

Then that would be pretty much mirror-to-nurse v 2.0™
Yeah, true... I don't know, but making him despawn just makes the whole fight more annoying because you need to go through hell again just to fight him.

Like @Xylia said though, making him drop luminite on "killing" his eyes and giving as an option to craft a summoning item would be fine I guess. That way, if you get through the first phase you'd wouldn't have to go through all of the summoning issues again.

I liked EVERY change in the 1.3 update and later, EXCEPT the teleporting Moon Lord.
I agree that the "mirror-to-nurse" strategy is a little boring, but at least for the first(s) kill is the ONLY thing which could possibly work (for me at least, and i also have a world arena and the best stuff possible to get before it). Maybe the boss starts the way he used to be and after a few kills he changes to something like he is in this version.

PS: if my idea is bad, tell me how to make it better not only say i'm wrong

I thought so too, until I had to use almost an 999 stack against the boss (then again, I'm a poor shot). Considering how difficult the fight is and it's rewards, those are some expensive bullets/arrows.

Wait... you had to use 999 arrows (With 66% no ammo consume chance, which means 2997 arrows) to beat the moon lord?

We discussed in a previous threat that pillar fragments should be used to craft an item that summons Moon Lord. It seemed the best solution. For added flavour the Cultist would drop the activation key, much like the power cell for the Golem.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436491559,1436491496][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait... you had to use 999 arrows (With 66% no ammo consume chance, which means 2997 arrows) to beat the moon lord?

I said I was a poor shot, especially while dodging my mind out. I also have terrible luck with RNG, so it was prolly less bullets than that, though not by an insane amount.

Edit: I also said "almost" a full stack. I had close to 200 left but don't remember the exact amount.

But then you got pillar enemies who can take you from full to dead in <5 seconds if you're not super dodgy.

Oh wait, the Solar Pillar doesn't even let you dodge in the air, or a Crawtipede rips you to pieces. Stay on the ground and you get pounded to death by Corites who go through walls who can't be hit in the walls unless you have a Solar Eruption. These Corites hit you for upwards of 60 damage with 100 Defense.

That's supposed to be fair? They don't hit you once, oh no... they hit you and then they immediately charge you again and hit you again, and they keep repeating this over and over again until you kill them. Don't DARE try to jump over the Corites when they're doing this or the Crawltipede swoops down to reduce you to chunks. And of course when they charge you they end up charging inside of solid blocks where you can't hit them....

THIS EXACTLY! The Solar Pillars are so OP :c

We discussed in a previous threat that pillar fragments should be used to craft an item that summons Moon Lord. It seemed the best solution. For added flavour the Cultist would drop the activation key, much like the power cell for the Golem.

Well, that wouldn't really be necessary.

Just make it each Fragment x3 crafted at the Manipulator, and boom. You have to kill the pillars to summon Moon Lord. You will eventually run out of fragments to summon him with, so you have incentive to do the pillars again every so often but you don't have to do it EVERY time.

I took off as fast as I could fly with Fishron Wings, and it still wasn't enough.

Just how fast do they expect us to have to go? Are we REQUIRED to use Asphalt bridges now on bosses? *sigh*

Terraria was supposed to be a game that gave you OPTIONS.

I don't see the Options here. You either use a Unicorn, or Asphalt and run and run fast. Or die.
that is a lie, i just used pre-moon lord tier weapons and beetle armor and spammed nebula blaze and went to the nurse every so often and easily destroyed him just now

THIS EXACTLY! The Solar Pillars are so OP :c

Until you kill the pillar of your choice + Stardust pillar then they are more bearable. I would like to see a slight nerf in Corites' damage output though. With how they duck into the walls and they charge you over and over and over again... I think they hit a little too hard. I'd see their damage taken down to the 30-ish range rather than 60 with ~100 Defense.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436491757,1436491709][/DOUBLEPOST]
that is a lie, i just used pre-moon lord tier weapons and beetle armor and spammed nebula blaze and went to the nurse every so often and easily destroyed him just now

You "went to the nurse" every so often, with the ML teleporting to you in the newest update? I'd love to know how you did that.

Until you kill the pillar of your choice + Stardust pillar then they are more bearable. I would like to see a slight nerf in Corites' damage output though. With how they duck into the walls and they charge you over and over and over again... I think they hit a little too hard. I'd see their damage taken down to the 30-ish range rather than 60 with ~100 Defense.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436491757,1436491709][/DOUBLEPOST]

You "went to the nurse" every so often, with the ML teleporting to you in the newest update? I'd love to know how you did that.
yes, i did, it's called build a building around the nurse so he can't hit you while you're healing, done, boom

To Those Who Haven't Beaten The Moon Lord Yet:

Despair not, for there is one bit of cheese that the dev's rats haven't sniffed out yet. The Honey+Spike Invincibility Box still works. If all else fails, you could use that to beat the boss and obtain some decent armor.

To Those Who Haven't Beaten The Moon Lord Yet:

Despair not, for there is one bit of cheese that the dev's rats haven't sniffed out yet. The Honey+Spike Invincibility Box still works. If all else fails, you could use that to beat the boss and obtain some decent armor.

Meh. I hate cheesing bosses. I'd rather the bosses be more reasonable to fight. I like his first phase. Then once you get the eyes out... *sigh* it's just stupid.

But I suppose if Red/Cenx refuse to actually fix the boss, I suppose I could grab my charm of myths, and do the whole invincible box deal.

Meh. I hate cheesing bosses. I'd rather the bosses be more reasonable to fight. I like his first phase. Then once you get the eyes out... *sigh* it's just stupid.
actually, i find it EASIER after getting the eyes out, idk why everyone is saying it's harder, they do less DPS, and their attacks are easier to dodge as you're flying around stupidly fast with wings

You know, on second thought...

If you want to buff Moon Lord then let's change him into an event instead of a boss. Give player a timer, let player die however much he/she wants, if timer runs out - boss despawns.
He's already hard given that you as a player have zero leeway thanks to movement speed while not being able to heal consistently.
Dropping more stuff shouldn't be optional though, I'm not going through 30-minute sessions of enduring solar tower bull:red: for barely enough bricks to make two pieces of armor even on expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom