Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it counts, despite spectre. It's one boss and 4 invasions away, or 5 if you're lucky enough to be spotted by a probe.

Besides why would you care about Phantasm if you went mage all over the Cultis' butt?
dude, the lunar event is 1 event, in my view
King Slime is pathetic with everything, and yet he still is a boss. Don't let difficulty judge if it's a boss or not. Also, i wouldn't call late 1.1 bosses ''endgame'' in 1.2 as you called late 1.2 bosses ''endgame'' as of 1.3.

Plus, the duke is not even necessary, it's just more of a side-boss, like Queen Bee.
that is not true lol, some of his drops make the ML more of a joke than it currently is, (razorblade typhoon) but, every time i take care of the cultist, the cultist is a boss, sure, but he isn't anywhere near as hard as duke, or the nebula pillar, it's rediculous
[DOUBLEPOST=1436523434,1436523232][/DOUBLEPOST]
As a gun purist. I'm glad Vortex Beater got some upgrade. I recall the time I prefer the Martian Xenopopper over it until I realise VB are dealing more damage in the longer run and MX has the illusion of dealing more damage is because damage digits are flooding all over the screen.

However, I have to ask in despair, why does the dev feel the goddamned need to make the already immense Moon Lord harder and harder by disabling our 'unusual' strategists? We only have 500 HP (600 with buff) and the magic mirror strategy to nurse strategy allow a lot more of us to stand a chance against him by retreating and recovering (you guys won't imagine how happy I was to get the Prism although I as a gun user will never use it). Great, now the teleporters at my skybridge can rot uselessly now since I can no longer use it in Moon Lord fight. I think I might reconfigure the circuits into a heart dispenser. Maybe a lot more heart dispenser along the skybridge. That said, I need to lengthen my skybridge too (currently it only extends along a world tree and a really tall hill in snow biome) as as of currently when I reached the end of the bridge, I've only killed Moon Lord's one part, or maybe wound another part slightly before I have to escape and rinse the process.

I'm gonna pay the steampunker and mechanic a visit now to make more heart dispenser. Maybe the spare map I used to clone items now to get more heart statues. Wish me good luck people.

Oh, dear devs, why wedding dress cannot be coloured with dye? I mean it's not like black wedding dress or pink wedding dress don't exists in real life right? I would love to make my trap char (who is wearing the Zelda-like princess outfit currently) look fabulous with wedding dresses in other colour.

http://tws1.ftwmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/dark-colored-wedding-dresses-3.jpg
again, the magic mirror still works, and prism ACTUALLY makes the ML a joke, no kidding
[DOUBLEPOST=1436523886][/DOUBLEPOST]
*Sees Terraria update*

*Goes to Terraria forums to make sure that stupid Moon Lord debuff has been removed*

*Doesn't see it*

*Instead sees that the Moon Lord will probably teleport to you if you get too far*

*Still hopes debuff is gone and goes to check in-game*

WTF WHY ISN'T THE DEBUFF GONE!? YOU JUST MADE HIM WORSE!!! I WOULD BE FINE WITH THE TELEPORTING BUT THAT DEBUFF MAKES IT SO I DIE IN AROUND 30 SECONDS OF THE FIGHT STARTING
get some beetle armor and use a razorblade typhoon and keep dodging his attacks

I quit till they make moon Lord easier.won't play the game where I must die each time, because some people want more challenge. For buffing moon Lord was expert mode , not normal.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436532961,1436532901][/DOUBLEPOST]Normal is for normal players that sometimes are not as advanced.

They should really REALLY nerf crawltilipede in solar part of lunar event. I dont know if i suck or they are just too op for melee endgame 1.2.4.1. Also great news that i wont kill my NPCs with solar eruption/daybreak finally. :D

10 minutes of being bored. also your not counting the time it takes to find hearts or harvest honey more if your using star and heart statues

Well, no one is forcing you to build one, right? You could always just place some dirt blocks 2x10 or whatever the dimensions you'd like above yourself to block the laser and you've got yourself an arena.
And btw, the harvesting part takes even less if you already have an older world or if you actually collect resources when you play. Finding one heart is easy as hell and that really can't be used as a valid argument.

It's weird that people are bored whilst playing the game and are using it's mechanics. I simply wouldn't play the game if it bored me to do something in it.

Last edited:
*snicker*

Yeah, his needs work.

Sorry that Swype hates me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436535138,1436534761][/DOUBLEPOST]
They should really REALLY nerf crawltilipede in solar part of lunar event. I dont know if i suck or they are just too op for melee endgame 1.2.4.1. Also great news that i wont kill my NPCs with solar eruption/daybreak finally. :D

They ignore you, if you don't get too high above any blocks.

dude, the lunar event is 1 event, in my view

that is not true lol, some of his drops make the ML more of a joke than it currently is, (razorblade typhoon) but, every time i take care of the cultist, the cultist is a boss, sure, but he isn't anywhere near as hard as duke, or the nebula pillar, it's rediculous
[DOUBLEPOST=1436523434,1436523232][/DOUBLEPOST]
again, the magic mirror still works, and prism ACTUALLY makes the ML a joke, no kidding
[DOUBLEPOST=1436523886][/DOUBLEPOST]
get some beetle armor and use a razorblade typhoon and keep dodging his attacks
I think the cultist is harder than Duke, just because he can actually damage me.

4. Nah, pretty sure that Titanium Repeater loaded with Jester's Arrows was and might still be the most effective way to kill Destroyer with pre mech gear.

Nimbus Rod destroys the Titanium Repeater + Jester Arrow Combo, easy.

I mean, utterly destroys it. That's with MELEE ARMOR, not Magic Gear. With Magic Gear... there's no comparison whatsoever.

The only caveat is you gotta wait until he comes up out of the ground vertically and until he does you might wanna toss something else at him in the meantime while you're waiting. And of course killing off his probes while the clouds do their work.

Hey it also looks like you changed how the rod of discord teleportation works! Now my eyes don't hurt every time!
(Sorry if it mentions it I couldn't find it)

hi everyone I played this update and it is awesome but i Found minor bugs: wrench and wire cuter both of them have +20 range and the compass and other accesoryes like compass "tells" me information when having them in my inventory or equipment slots!

hi everyone I played this update and it is awesome but i Found minor bugs: wrench and wire cuter both of them have +20 range and the compass and other accesoryes like compass "tells" me information when having them in my inventory or equipment slots!

Eh, those are intended and are both mentioned in the 1.3.0 notes.

I just updated to 1.3.0.4 and I deleted a corrupted character. as soon as I hit delete all of my characters disappeared I closed and re opened the game a few times and they're still gone. I checked my terraria folder and all of the characters are gone from there too. I have them backed up but the last time i did that was pre 1.3 i'm running windows 8.1 can anyone help me?

Your characters should be in the trash bin now if they got deleted by the game, as it moves all the files there. Check that to see whether they still exist there and just return them back to the terraria save game folder.

Hopefully you'll manage to sort that out!

(Does anyone else think the head eye stays closed too long?)

Yep, I do. Of all the things I noticed about ML so far, it's the irritation of NOT being able to damage him because of what feels like his head eye staying closed more often than not.

Personally, I think at least one eye should be open at any one time during the fight. If you knock out 2 eyes, the third (last) one should just stay open. The Moon Events are tedious enough after a certain point; the fight with the ML shouldn't be semi-tedious due to a gameplay mechanic. (At least on Normal mode. I'd be willing to accept/understand this as an Expert Mode challenge.)

Also, ML should have a chance to drop an item that can summon him directly ^_^ Again, like some others here feel, the Moon Events can get tedious, especially when you're trying to farm the ML for his drops. I wanted the SDMG. It was the last drop I got after killing ML like 15 times. (Give or take; I'd have to count my Portal guns to be sure.) I got all the other drops (plus some extras) first. I was averaging 3-4 kills per 4-6 hour gaming session. You just get bored of the Pillars.

BTW, I think should each have their own Event Counter so we know how long we have to go before the shield drops. Especially if the Pillar happens to be off-screen more often then not. This could be due to simply where it spawns versus the best location to fight the mobs.

Your characters should be in the trash bin now if they got deleted by the game, as it moves all the files there. Check that to see whether they still exist there and just return them back to the terraria save game folder.

Hopefully you'll manage to sort that out!
I've checked my recycle bin and only the characters and worlds I meant to delete are there. I have recently re-opened terraria and all of my settings have been changed to the default but my worlds are still there. I think steam backs up terraria but one time when i tried to open it today it came up with a window that said that steam backup had stopped working and if I opened the game I might lose data. i closed the window, joined these forums, typed my original post, and went back and opened the game. That's when my settings disappeared.:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom