PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are, the segment multipliers were raised. You're absolutely right in that it's not as strong as it was if you have a minion count of 1, but for a summoner that would actually use the dragon as a main killing force, it's much better. Cells outperformed it before, it was worthless as a main summon compared to its sister weapon.

But I guess it's ruined. Nuetered and garbage, according to some particularly salty posts. ...Kind of like how Phantasm and it's immense 15k-ish DPS was utter trash last patch.

Yeah, I just saw @Leinfors post; seems I guessed right. It wasn't a hard guess, because I noticed how strong just one segment was as a non-summoner when I first got my the staff. It's been nerfed at very low segments, somewhat buffed at high segments.

What I like to do when actually playing summoner is to mix Cells and the Dragon, because as strong as the Dragon can be (it also has more range, and isn't hampered by nearby blocks), it's also just one minion, isn't nearly as fast as the cells, and the more enemies there are, the more rushing about it has to do.

Sounds like if I mix Dragon/Cells 5/6, it'll be at least as strong as before, possibly stronger. Can't complain too much about that.

Wait a moment. I just figured out something:
WHY THE HELL SHROOMITE ARMOR BONUS DOESN'T WORK WHILE MOUNTED???!!!

Because it wasn't intended to work while on a mount, which completely removes the penalty you're meant to have in exchange for the stealth's benefits to begin with. If you could use the mount to bypass the stealth penalties it would be completely broken, especially for Vortex.

Yeah, I apologise and concede I was being a bit of an :red: there. it's just that this thread is killing me. This community kills me.

The facts are, the segment multipliers were raised. You're absolutely right in that it's not as strong as it was if you have a minion count of 1, but for a summoner that would actually use the dragon as a main killing force, it's much better. Cells outperformed it before, it was worthless as a main summon compared to its sister weapon.

But I guess it's ruined. Nuetered and garbage, according to some particularly salty posts. ...Kind of like how Phantasm and it's immense 15k-ish DPS was utter trash last patch.
This community isn't that bad, look at my dragon Syrantith for example, the fact that he is alive and hatched is amazing

You're a bit abrasive and sarcastic yourself, @General Milky.

The Stardust Dragon Staff's base damage has been dramatically lowered. Previously, it was identical to the base damage of the Stardust Cell Staff; it's now listed approximately 35% lower, according to the tooltip. Further, it's difficult to do a comparison test now that the game has been updated, because you'd need to have the 1.3.0.5 version of the staff to do a proper comparison. I doubt most people timed exactly how long it took them to defeat X or Y enemy with the old Stardust Dragon Staff, for example.

I tend to use the Staff even as a non-summoner, with one to three segments depending on buffs, for protection while fishing or whatever. In my experience with 1.3.0.6 so far, the Dragon now takes longer to kill enemies than it used to.

It may be that the staff has been nerfed at the low end (when there are few segments) to prevent it being such a good guardian against normal enemies for non-summoners, and slightly buffed at the high end. I really doubt it's been buffed as much as you claim, since it was already extremely strong before this update and could even solo Expert Moon Lord fairly quickly, provided you could keep your summoner alive (very challenging).
Stary could waste the destroyer in about i would say... 6-13 seconds max... ill trial it again with this patch

its just his AI that could be tweaked.. he seems to jump between targets alot.

Moon Lord buff? Okay. That's fair. But can we change Spikes back to how it was so the Star Veil can be useful in Dungeons again?

Just a couple of questions:
1. Is updating the game mid-world/character actually 100% safe?
2. What about the character playtime bug which causes the counter to stay at 00:00:00 (or some other random number)?
3. It seems the current implementation of the nurse is the core of some cheese strategies. She always seemed a little overpowered to me. I think you could bring a lot of balance by simply introducing a "fresh stitches" debuff which prevents the player from using her services for X time just like the potion sickness.

Because it wasn't intended to work while on a mount, which completely removes the penalty you're meant to have in exchange for the stealth's benefits to begin with. If you could use the mount to bypass the stealth penalties it would be completely broken, especially for Vortex.
Vortex? Maybe. Shroomite's stealth is damn underpowered as it is. Even on mount, it would be just as balanced as it is, because ou still have to stand still to get it. In Vortex's case, however, mount could be slowed down, as now it does not only slow me, but makes me unable to use UFO's flying ability, thus being needle in my eye.

Just a couple of questions:
1. Is updating the game mid-world/character actually 100% safe?
2. What about the character playtime bug which causes the counter to stay at 00:00:00 (or some other random number)?
3. It seems the current implementation of the nurse is the core of some cheese strategies. She always seemed a little overpowered to me. I think you could bring a lot of balance by simply introducing a "fresh stitches" debuff which prevents the player from using her services for X time just like the potion sickness.
Go away. If this debuff could stay when one is slain, then Nurse could be useless. Terraria is pretty simple game (arguably), but certainly not easy for someone new to it.

So if you can't spam her heals each 10 seconds she is useless? What if I told you you don't need nurse to beat any of the bosses even on expert? I know, mind blown.

True enough; I would be interested to see the value of X% however. :)

Same. I'm fully aware of a player's capacity for growth, learning to overcome that which was once overwhelming or impossible. As players continue to work at it, more and more will be able to do it.

That said, forum etiquette has nothing to do with game design.

I'm not here trying to advocate that people ignore the forums rules. I simply noticed a choice of words was being used as forum etiquette yet those same words might not be completely adhered to in regards to game development. The dev being the owner of these forums and the one who sets the forum's rules. Is the dev truly respecting the skill levels of all players of this game as the forums participants are expected to do toward each other?

There is no betrayal in making a game difficult. Easiest or hardest game in the world, the expectations for behavior on this forum are set in stone. The two have little relation.

Players were bragging that they can solo ML on expert(some legit, some not), other players were complaining they can't even beat him on normal and/or can only do it with the cheese methods. Both sides bickered and debated. The players who lost their means of defeating the ML using whatever in-game method that they discovered(legit or not) likely felt betrayed when their skills and method were no longer good enough to succeed. Players have expectations for reasonable game development.

There is also the betrayal in terms. The entire underlying reason you were compelled to warn the thread was ultimately because of the lack of support, by the dev(who own's these forums), for all skill levels of players, yet in your warning you clearly said to respect each other's skill levels because that is the dev's rules. The relation and irony is blatantly obvious to me and it motivated me to reply in case it wasn't obvious to anyone else.

RRN7ktN.png

This is all I needed to beat the Moon Lord. All 4 classes. Either quit the game, or get good. I don't even have campfires because I thought they didn't work (they do). This took 10 minutes (collecting heart statues took a long while but you know, it's all cool especially when you've played for 780 hours). It's not that hard.

Made this account just to say this. Moon Lord even in Expert Mode isn't that hard. Here is an easy strategy for Moon Lord Expert with mage: Nebula Set and Celestial Charm + Celestial Shell and Worm Scarf with Warding everything. Weapons can be Lunar Flare, Prism, or Razor. Use Health Regen + Iron Skin + Endurance and you will be able to out-heal the Moon Lord's damage at night as long as you can avoid the eyebeam (by building 10 solid blocks)

The matter is about players trying to beat him for the first time. If you don't beat him, you won't have access to those items you are mentioning(ie the luminite to craft the nebula set and the weapons the ML drops).

So if you can't spam her heals each 10 seconds she is useless? What if I told you you don't need nurse to beat any of the bosses even on expert? I know, mind blown.
Then I could say that I didn't ever use any "cheese" method to beaat any boss or event in the entire game, and got to 20th wave of frost moon, only skill and luck, no "Houdini" or damage immunity methods.
BTW, I think you're rude. Think twice before posting.

RRN7ktN.png

This is all I needed to beat the Moon Lord. All 4 classes. Either quit the game, or get good. I don't even have campfires because I thought they didn't work (they do). This took 10 minutes (collecting heart statues took a long while but you know, it's all cool especially when you've played for 780 hours). It's not that hard.

And your loadouts were..?

With Stardust Armor?......dood your not supposed to have that till after you beat him. theres a difference between being good and cheesing the fight

(removed the picture from the quote just scroll up a bit to see it)

And your loadouts were..?

I had Shroomite with Vortex weps, Beetle with Solar Weps, Spectre (Mask) with Razorblade Typhoon (and Blizzard Staff for the head's eye), Spooky with Stardust Dragon and Hydra. Of course, every potion imaginable.

With Stardust Armor?......dood your not supposed to have that till after you beat him. theres a difference between being good and cheesing the fight

(removed the picture from the quote just scroll up a bit to see it)

I have that gear because I already defeated the boss multiple times.

Last edited:
RRN7ktN.png

Congrats, you used one of the two main tactics that most "non-cheesers" use - blocking his lasers with blocks. The second one is infinitely running away in one direction with ufo/asphalt bricks/fishron wings.

Am I the only one who found him needing fifteen heart statues while telling others to, "get good," freakin' adorable?
I only have 15 so the hearts can pop up in different spots lol
I could use 5, would that please your godly might?
Or none even, still won't have problems because I'm not a pleb like most people, and also, it's "freakin' adorable" that you didn't have the balls to quote me. :D

I only have 15 so the hearts can pop up in different spots lol
I could use 5, would that please your godly might?
Or none even, still won't have problems because I'm not a pleb like most people, and also, it's "freakin' adorable" that you didn't have the balls to quote me. :D

I'll quote you and ask about the accessories you used since you gave us an incomplete loadout the first time I asked. Please be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom