PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought it meant every time you hit one of Moon Lord's targets it cools down before you can hit it again. But what it really means is you can't stand on spikes or in lava anymore and be immune to his attacks. If you are blinking because you got hit from something else, you can still get hit by Moon Lord. But if you are blinking because you got hit by Moon Lord, you will still be immune to his damage for some time.

The final boss' attacks now use their own cooldown for immunity due to how naughty some of our players have been. ;)
Interesting, I don't quite get what this means but from reading the pages I assume it's people using another enemy (e.g. slimes) to negate damage?
Not something I'd thought of doing but interesting to see that it's been prevented, although I don't quite get it...

EDIT:
Thank you this explained it perfectly =)
At first I thought it meant every time you hit one of Moon Lord's targets it cools down before you can hit it again. But what it really means is you can't stand on spikes or in lava anymore and be immune to his attacks. If you are blinking because you got hit from something else, you can still get hit by Moon Lord. But if you are blinking because you got hit by Moon Lord, you will still be immune to his damage for some time.

Yup, not downloading it. Not only have you guys shown that you are more concerned with making the game harder for people than actually :red:ing fixing the game crashing randomly, you also probably going to buff him more. Just staying on my :red:ing update til something major is added or you decided to fix your :red:. I already got the achievement anyway

I just gave a way to cheese the moonlord, not how to beat him for the first time.

You wanna beat him for the first time? Simple.

Grab your unicorn mount, get 1k-2k platforms, and make a long sky bridge out of em. put a room at both ends. Put the nurse in one, and your bed in the other. Run from bed to nurse (preferably not dying in the process) auto-pause at nurse, heal, then magic mirror back to bed.

Rinse and repeat till moonlord is dead
What's the point in winning "this" way? Do you get any satisfaction at all?

I can fully understand why they're doing this. I've been here before. It's absolutely soul-crushing to see your game's final boss be annihilated without any effort by a player abusing things that shouldn't even be a factor in the first place.

The player shouldn't be able to just stand on a spike tile and avoid all of its attacks. The player should not be able to sit on slime statues to avoid all its attacks. You are given countless methods of defeating this boss, and other people have clearly shown that it's possible to defeat him without cheesing it, so why is everybody so intent on trying to turn the game's final boss into an AFK farm event?

From a development standpoint, it's flat-out insulting.

I sincerely doubt that Heart Statues will be disabled. It takes a LOT of them to counter out ML's damage. They already did wiring changes to limit the amount of trigger points each statue has, likely so they wouldn't need to do something like that. If you manage to find enough Heart Statues to outheal ML, then you're either extremely lucky or you've harvested them from multiple worlds. Much different scale than just hanging out in a lava pool or sitting down on some spikes.

And if all else fails? Ask a friend for help.

I both agree and disagree at the same time. I agree that the final boss should be challenging. But most ppl that want to cheese it have already beaten him legit, and now just want to farm drops. So a simple solution to that would be to allow a drop from the moonlord give players an easier way to kill him the next time, so that farming him wont be such a chore.

Yup, not downloading it. Not only have you guys shown that you are more concerned with making the game harder for people than actually :red:ing fixing the game crashing randomly, you also probably going to buff him more. Just staying on my :red:ing update til something major is added or you decided to fix your :red:. I already got the achievement anyway
Swearing and being rude isn't going to get you a fix any faster. Assuming our programmers aren't trying to fix said crashes is a bit silly. It is very hard to fix a bug that isn't reproducible especially when given bug reports lacking information. :)

I can imagine the Moon Lord getting the same effect that the Wall of Flesh gives players in terms of escaping in 1.3.0.7, honestly. I think that needs to be a thing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437419599,1437419555][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well, aren't you just rude :|

Special code just for you buddy /if player= Ox33 Nurse=Null. Or something.... (Not a programmer.)

hnnnnggg.jpg

I both agree and disagree at the same time. I agree that the final boss should be challenging. But most ppl that want to cheese it have already beaten him legit, and now just want to farm drops. So a simple solution to that would be to allow a drop from the moonlord give players an easier way to kill him the next time, so that farming him wont be such a chore.
I Agree with you, but seriously... Why are they making Moon Lord impossible to kill without potions? This is just annoying me, i wish i could ungrade the game to 1.3.0.3 where he weren't teleporting to you, then come back to 1.3.0.6, but terraria for me is just too much grinding character, than having fun finding a way to destroy someone strong.

@Loki Make sure hosting a server when someone leaves server and joining by ip to server doesn't crash terraria when .net framework 4.5 isn't installed on your PC.In terraria folder there is only installer for .net 4.0 so i suppose Terraria should work perfectly without .net framework 4.5 ...

Yeah, buff Last Boss even more goddamit! BUFF HIM! THIS IS what you want reddedit isn't it? TO make final boss impossible to beat without potions! I see what will happen in 1.3.0.7: 1.Heart Statues not workin' anymore while Moonlord fight. 2.Bee water not healing while final fight. 3. Nurse dying when Celestial used. Perfect...

why not? nothing of that is necessary to defeat him. all you need is a small bit of strategy and preparation.

i wish they'd buff buff the 2nd half of the boss fight though... after the eyes are destroyed and the heart becomes vulnerable, the fight becomes too boring because you find yourself just kiting him... that shouldn't be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom