PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think a SINGLE player here wants to build an arena across a large map just to beat a boss using mage armor on a fight that you should be able to stay in a consistant location to beat -.-

If you're not crazy and trying to do it with no armor- then you could use UFO mount- and some Spectre armor- and just set up some floating islands here and there.

Hell, a single sky bridge of platforms would likely be plenty for what he's doing if you have good navigational skills while you're kiting him.

And staying in a constant location is what Melee Tanks do, not mages and rangers.

Not cheesing, SMARTNESS enough to heal with nurse and teleport back to proper battlefield. (DON'T say cheesing cause it's not cheesin, i just practised for like 3 days.
oh right, you do know Cenx also said earlier in the thread that it's going to be patched next update? GL dude

Attachments

• PicsArt_1437231122723.jpg
    PicsArt_1437231122723.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 178
If you're not crazy and trying to do it with no armor- then you could use UFO mount- and some Spectre armor- and just set up some floating islands here and there.

Hell, a single sky bridge of platforms would likely be plenty for what he's doing if you have good navigational skills while you're kiting him.
UFO mount sucks, go on, get mad at me, and tbh i am amazingly good at dodging the guys attacks, and i die in less than 4 seconds from when he spawns when wearing spectre, idk what we're doing so diffrently on dodging that it's affecting the time alive by that much, seriously

So many people sitting here complaining and I'm just happy that the issue with the Money Trough making the "Quick Stack to Chests" button invisible is fixed. :dryadwink:
I'm looking forward to testing out Multiplayer again. I haven't been able to play with my friends once since the new patch at it was starting to geta bit upsetting!
Thanks for all the effort with trying to figure the issue out. I'll report back later with my results.

What people are failing to understand about the replies regarding "cheesing" is that creating complex arenas that require foresight and strategy is more interesting to a large portion of players than mastering a repetitive attack pattern when the former is more of a key point of sandbox building games.

What I am HOPING, is that this was actually the aim of the recent changes related to the Moon Lord.

Lots of building and experimentation should be required. The game became much more interesting when the spike method was blocked, and again with the statue change.

The point I was getting at is that if forcing players to build creatively is not the aim, they will have to forego many features in order to turn the Moon Lord into a standard hack n slash boss.

Folks, I may be the only one experiencing this, but I cannot run the game now that the patch has come out. I'm getting what appears to be a fairly common error "Could not find a suitable graphics card" or something of the like.

I reinstalled the game, reinstalled the XNA redist, deleted local configs, and reinstalled graphics drivers (clean install); no help. I'm out of ideas, and I can't find anything anywhere else. Verifying the local cache just replaces the installscript file over and over again (apparently steam is looking for a different checksum), but I wouldn't think that would be related to the problem anyway.

I'm running a laptop with a dual GPU (980M/Intel 4000)

I noticed that most cheesing ways for the boss involve teleporting. My way is to make nurse house close to arena and a teleporter with pressure plate to her house. When I'm low on health, I just stand on the teleporter. The boss stays near the arena (since it's quite close) so I have enough time to easily heal myself before he gets to the house. And with Cross Necklace, I can literally stand still (in stealth mode!) for few seconds spamming Holy Arrows with my Phantasm (super DPS). He dies in 2-3 minutes this way.

So my suggestion to make this battle harder to cheese:
-Disable teleporting, by any means. Including Magic Mirrors and Rod of Discord. Just give some "Torn Space" debuff that kills teleporting players or something.
-Disable respawn. When player dies, he won't respawn till the end of battle. This will prevent the "stategy" where 3-4 payers have spawns far from each other and just die carelessly with boss jumping from one to another.

I know that with this, I (and many other players) will have to find a legit way to kill the boss, but oh well...

A rather small one, but nice to see you fixed important things such as the Martian Probe and made the celestial shell toggleable :D I hope that the next patch addresses some accessory dyeing and graphical bugs.

5 platinum coins that the multiplayer lag issues are yet to be fixed again

That would depend if the specific bug affecting a given player was caught this round. There are already players for whom the issue has been cleared up - and others where it has not. The odds are that it is more than one issue causing this - and that may differ by groups of players based upon whatever the specifics of their situation may be.

Over time, as one cause after another is fixed and pulled off of the board, eventually it will all be stamped out. Small consolation for those still affected - but the efforts will go on. As I stated earlier, providing literally as much info as you can in a bug report is the best way to help in the location of a diagnosis and cure.

:)

please fix this: Terraria is crashing after 10-15 minutes of gameplay and then i loose my progress !!!! :( :( i dont know why this is happening I LOVE terraria so much and i cant play !!!!! i bought the game for my friends too !!! Im using steam and i have windows xp i tried reinstall remake character and world and it doesnt work !!!! I saw other people with the same problem please fix it or reply me what to do ......... :( :( :(

i don't think a SINGLE player here wants to build an arena across a large map just to beat a boss using mage armor on a fight that you should be able to stay in a consistant location to beat -.-
Mine carts. Asphalt. Hoiking. Swiftness potions. Portal guns. Ropes. Teleporters. Active blocks. Statue engines. Tons of options.

There's more to this game than cheesing, kiting, or dodging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom