Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i dowload terraria on steam, it takes 0 seconds to dowload and says that it dowloaded 0 bytes of 0 bytes, then when i start terraria it says: Couldn't start the game(drivable file missing). Please help :/

How do you do that, i cant seem to find how to opt :/

Wow, im really sorry for wasting your time, the pictures of the instructions were a bit blurred so i couldn't see then but now its all good B)

8) Had to create an account to state my utter excitement and happiness of how well the Mac version is running... Running it on my 2010 iMac and it's pretty good! A little sluggish on high settings but going to test it out on my 2013 15" Retina MBP just to make sure if it's the system or the game. :dryadgrin:

I haven't played a whole heck of a lot yet but it seems to be running fine on my 11.6" base model 2012 macbook air (1366x768).. gonna have to try running it on my 1080p TV it handles Starbound just fine so I'm hopeful it still works well :3

Thank you, thank you so much for this, ever since I made the switch to Mac only, I've been missing the crap out of this game. And with actual Steam support, my friends will start playing again as well.

When a friend got Terraria for me almost exactly 3 years ago as a gift on Steam I had to engage in intense shenanigans to get it to run on Mac - first the Mono emulation, then, updating to 1.2.4.1, via Wine, imposing on a friend for the executable and game data to even make the wrapper work. I've put in hundreds of hours and probably tens of thousands of blocks, maybe even hundreds of thousands. (Large maps are 8400x2400, right?) I've built things I'm incredibly proud of - perhaps not to the impressiveness of other builds I've seen lurking around here, but you take pride in your work, right?

When I heard that Mac support was coming, I was so happy.

Today, installing the open beta on Steam and successfully porting over my characters and worlds, I was overjoyed. Stepping in on my main in her full Beetle set with her Terra Blade, and having the bottom of my screen explode with achievements was like going back to the beginning with a Copper Shortsword and Copper Pickaxe, with that same sense of joy and wonder, while also being a bit of closure...coming full circle. Coming home, and fully ready for the next adventure.

I admit I hadn't actually finished preparing my main world for 1.3 - still an unfinished build in the Lihzahrd Temple for future farming of Solar Tablet Fragments, some arenas to build, potion and materials and crates to stock up on... but given how long I've waited to actually be HERE, fully supported? I don't even care. Habitually overprepared means nothing to the sheer glee of being able to sink my teeth into the MASSIVE new update, and for it to be as easy as firing up Steam and opting into a beta.

A heartfelt thanks to the dev team for making this possible. This is quite literally a dream come true.

Moon Lord here I come!

Is there a mac dedicated server software yet?

Yes — it's included with the client. To start the server:

1. Open Terminal.
  2. Enter:

Code:
    cd "${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria/Terraria.app/Contents/MacOS"
    ./TerrariaServer

Tip: You can use the -config <File> option to make the server load its configuration from a file.

I have been waiting for this forever. I have played SOOOOOO much terraria on my other PC. I was wondering, will this terraria on linux be mod compatable?

Hi Skiphs! I don't think much people have thanked you for all you do for Terraria have they!? I'd just like to say your doing great and keep up the good work :happy:

Does anyone know if there is a map viewer or editor for mac?

At this time, its pretty unlikely; its only been out for 2 days and the beta versions are getting constantly updated, which tends to interfere with tool/add-on development. Maybe in a week from now, but its likely too soon.

i'm thinking about the 1.3.1 update... i want it to be a yo-yo update that will have a lot bug fixes and some yo-yoys and a boss... maybe?

OMG! My world got corrupted out of nowhere today, I thought this was fixed in 1.3.0.6... I saved and exited on the server completely fine. It's tough to remember to continually make manual backups because my worlds keep corrupting for no reason after ~10hrs of play.

I downloaded Terraria on Linux x32 bit, Steam.:happy:
It has no 32bit Terraria executable, no 32bit TerrariaServer dedicated server executable.:mad:
It has only 64bit executables. Fix this, developers. o_O

Fix this, developers. o_O
The posts where you added "please" reflect a lot better on you. Making a show of petulance rarely helps get one's way.

Anyway, the developers know this and have been working on it. As you might imagine, they're working very hard already. There's a lot on their plates.

The OS X version of Terraria stores its player data in ~/My Games/Terraria (where the tilde represents the path to your home folder). If this folder doesn't already exist, then you should create it yourself.

xkrghHK.png

that is where my files are for the mac wrapper i have looked in there and only the files from the wrapper are there.

edit: nvm searched my mac and found the files. problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom