Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

View attachment 60496 Recently while mining in early game expert mode (before eye of cthulu) I found a pot and out of it came a golden sun thing that was not harmful and did not have a name when I moused over it. Instead it ended up dropping a crap ton of money. I now have 15+ gold thanks to this thing and have no idea what it is. I did not get a picture of it but I can get a screencap of my loot:
What you have found is a Coin Portal. A Coin Portal is activated after breaking a pot. A yellow sun portal will open up and start spewing up coins. If you have a new character or if you're in a new world, this Coin Portal is the right thing for you. Good luck with the rest of your journey :)

Can anyone confirm that the Seedler is found via fishing in the Jungle in Hardmode? I read in an earlier post that it was found this way, but I've had no luck. Is it surface Jungle, or underground Jungle?

Can anyone confirm that the Seedler is found via fishing in the Jungle in Hardmode? I read in an earlier post that it was found this way, but I've had no luck. Is it surface Jungle, or underground Jungle?
I can confirm The Seedler is a sword found via fishing.

Although it's found fishing, it is also a drop from Plantera. I've gotten 2 from Plantera so far.

I can confirm The Seedler is a sword found via fishing.

Although it's found fishing, it is also a drop from Plantera. I've gotten 2 from Plantera so far.

Where were you fishing at when you got it? Surface or Underground? Right now I'm using Sitting Duck Pole and Master Bait and I'm not finding anything on the surface.

Where were you fishing at when you got it? Surface or Underground? Right now I'm using Sitting Duck Pole and Master Bait and I'm not finding anything on the surface.
I do not think whether you fish on the surface or in the underground jungle matters. But I can tell you I fished in the underground jungle using a Sitting Duck Pole and Buggy(40% bait power).Good luck :)

Last edited:
I do not think whether you fish on the surface or in the underground jungle matters. But I can gell you I fished in the underground jungle using a Sitting Duck Pole and Buggy(40% bait power).Good luck :)

Next time I'm on I'll go underground Jungle, then.

The amount of times you need to turn in fishing quests for rewards has decreased. I've done 35 quests and I got the golden rod at 30. I believe it was 50 quests before this.

The amount of times you need to turn in fishing quests for rewards has decreased. I've done 35 quests and I got the golden rod at 30. I believe it was 50 quests before this.
In the past I've got Golden Fishing Rods at odd times, as well as at the 50th quest. My 1.2 character Alyssa has five Golden (and seven of the Hot Line).

Statues

Maybe it's just my luck affecting the RNG, but I've had bizarre results finding Statues. So far I've got:

1 Shield
1 Shark
1 Imp
1 Skeleton
4 Heart

Anyone else finding more than their share of Heart Statues? [eta] Two of the Heart Statues were found in one double-decker mining cabin.

In the past I've got Golden Fishing Rods at odd times, as well as at the 50th quest. My 1.2 character Alyssa has five Golden (and seven of the Hot Line).
After the quest you get the golden fishing rod. (50 before update) You have a small chance to get a gold fishing rod. The Hot Line is purely luck based. There's no milestone you can achieve to instantly get it.

Yes, and I got two Golden Fishing Rods before the fiftieth quest. On random-numbered quests, not multiples of five.[eta] In other words, I think if you keep doing quests you'll get another at fifty. The one you got is just a random.

I've no explanation for how often I get Hot Lines. My luck has always been odd. I must be one of the Random Number Goddess' favorites or summat.

[to avoid double-posting, I'll add this here]

Mining Helmet

I'm pretty sure in 1.2 the Mining Helmet had to be bought from the Merchant. I got one as a drop from Undead Miner, which I believe has always dropped just the other two pieces of the mining "armor" set. If some part of this is wrong, someone please correct me and I'll strike out that bit.

Last edited:
Yes, and I got two Golden Fishing Rods before the fiftieth quest. On random-numbered quests, not multiples of five.[eta] In other words, I think if you keep doing quests you'll get another at fifty. The one you got is just a random.

I've no explanation for how often I get Hot Lines. My luck has always been odd. I must be one of the Random Number Goddess' favorites or summat.

[to avoid double-posting, I'll add this here]

Mining Helmet

I'm pretty sure in 1.2 the Mining Helmet had to be bought from the Merchant. I got one as a drop from Undead Miner, which I believe has always dropped just the other two pieces of the mining "armor" set. If some part of this is wrong, someone please correct me and I'll strike out that bit.

1. I don't know how to explain you getting 2 golden fishing rods. I was wrong with something I said by the way, you can't get extra golden fishing rods after you get the first one, you can only get them after the 75th quest. The one I got wasn't a random because of the amount of quests you need to do to have a chance to get one randomly and I believe the changelog said that the amount of quests needed were reduced.

2. As for the mining helmet I believe they said in the changelog that you can get the mining helmet from the Undead Miner now, so it isn't a bug or a mistake.

I guess they've changed how the fishing rods work, then. [edited to add: Sure enough, this has changed. Starting over with a made-new-for-1.3 character, I got all three parts of the Angler costume, which used to take forty quests, but I've done just twenty-five. Good news!] I'm sure it happened that way. No matter, they're in the chest. Mining helmet: I didn't think it was a bug. That's why I posted it in this "findings" thread rather than report it. :dryadsmile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom