Terraria Challenge Ideas 1 - Corrupted or Crimsoned World Challenge

I haven't tried this because I don't have Tedit, but do you think making a beeline for the hallowed/jungle would work better then hiding in a hole because once you in the jungle your home free.
By "beeline" you mean running to the jungle as quick as you can? The main problem with that is, that there are all sorts of monsters coming from both directions - and these are not green a blue slimes - and you have minimal mobility. I mean, you can walk. and jump. and that's pretty much it. no hermes boots, no cloud in a bottle, not even a grappling hook. there are often various terrain obstacles in the way too. even if you could outrun some monsters (as long as one would be coming from one direction - alas, there will be some from the other direction too) you wouldn't be able to cross a larger gap. you have 0 defense. and a copper shortsword (and axe and pickaxe). that just won't work.

(in corruption case, no face monsters and stuff, but you will have probably 10-15 eater of souls chasing you from every directions? XD)

and of course, how @Pigman Δ said too, the jungle is quite the dangerous biome in itself too.
But I just don't see you could reach it. Maybe with the exception if it's very-very close. but I'm not sure about it even in that case.

or maybe there are some awesome pro players who can fight a group of four face monsters, five crimera and two blood crawlers with a copper shortsword, while running to a single direction, crossing any gaps with normal single jumps, and also dodging that 3 other face monsters who are coming from the other direction. meanwhile you have 0 def, so if you get hit 1-2 times you're dead. ah, and you're not immune to fal dmg. either.
maybe you could wear a blindfold and do it with your hands and feet tied too, if we're at it XD lol
there might be some awesome pros who can do it, but I surely couldn't.

By "beeline" you mean running to the jungle as quick as you can? The main problem with that is, that there are all sorts of monsters coming from both directions - and these are not green a blue slimes - and you have minimal mobility. I mean, you can walk. and jump. and that's pretty much it. no hermes boots, no cloud in a bottle, not even a grappling hook. there are often various terrain obstacles in the way too. even if you could outrun some monsters (as long as one would be coming from one direction - alas, there will be some from the other direction too) you wouldn't be able to cross a larger gap. you have 0 defense. and a copper shortsword (and axe and pickaxe). that just won't work.
I mean you could dodge face monsters and the spiders with platforms. Although that would mean you have to cut down trees... Ya I can see that not working I'll have to get Tedit and try.

I mean you could dodge face monsters and the spiders with platforms. Although that would mean you have to cut down trees... Ya I can see that not working I'll have to get Tedit and try.
Yup, alas, you have about 10 seconds before your spawn point gest overrun by monsters. that's not enough to chop down a tree with a copper axe and then dodge 3-4 monsters at 2 cm distance. placing platforms also takes time, and you have awful mobility to dodge.
there's just no time for that, that is what I think.

also, there's one more problem. even if you could run away, and set up a house somewhere elsewhere, you have no bed, to set that as the spawn. so you should look for the materials needed for it as soon as possible, and if you get killed in the process by anything, you respawn... at the worldspawn, so you would have to run to your base again.

As someone who's playing the challange I would say it's imposible, there's no way you can outrun a swarm of Eaters and you are guaranteed to die if a single Devouerer spawns.

It's not impossible, I have gotten to Pre Skeletron on expert in the crimson (which has harder enemies)
I'm not really sure what you mean, I ment that you can't rush to the jungle right after starting the challange

Got to the Jungle and the Ocean and set up pylons at my base and Jungle (didn't have enough materials to make a base at the ocean unfortunatly)
20200903205106_1.jpg
20200904141621_1.jpg

But the main reason why I made this post is this

20200904141911_1.jpg

I accidently fought The Twins 0.5, I wanted to try fighting Eye of Cuthulu but apperently if you spawn one manually the one spawned from the chat messege still does. Needless to say I died.
(Also is it just me or is the stool a really common item, I already found 3)

@Quba
That's quite awesome! You can also use the hallow pylon somewhere, so you can have two towns in the jungle or near. even quite far from each other if that's useful for fast travel. or at different lakes (like one surface on onderground) or something.

The ocean is quite the mystery there, really, quite far from the beach, it might be considered pure, if you want to build a ship. or maybe you can build another tower, like a lighthouse on the shores. I think that might works. I planned such, but then didn't built it, because it was fine to just keep the angler and the stylist in the 2nd "forest" tower, because with some more NPCs there too, the two tower "towns" covered a very large area near the spawn that was "town"

And if you find a magic conch, the ocean pylon isn't that super necessary.

Ahaha, didn't know you can fight 2 EoC that way. huh. no wonder you lost that battle XD
Aren't you planning to get more hearts and better armor before that? Eaters can drop ancient shadow armor, right? and if you try fighting the Eater of Worlds, you can get shadow scales and demonite from killed segments too, right?

Also, dunno how common the stool is. it's a normal surface chest loot. pretty useful early game, but turns quite useless later.

@Quba
That's quite awesome! You can also use the hallow pylon somewhere, so you can have two towns in the jungle or near. even quite far from each other if that's useful for fast travel. or at different lakes (like one surface on onderground) or something.

The ocean is quite the mystery there, really, quite far from the beach, it might be considered pure, if you want to build a ship. or maybe you can build another tower, like a lighthouse on the shores. I think that might works. I planned such, but then didn't built it, because it was fine to just keep the angler and the stylist in the 2nd "forest" tower, because with some more NPCs there too, the two tower "towns" covered a very large area near the spawn that was "town"

And if you find a magic conch, the ocean pylon isn't that super necessary.

Ahaha, didn't know you can fight 2 EoC that way. huh. no wonder you lost that battle XD
Aren't you planning to get more hearts and better armor before that? Eaters can drop ancient shadow armor, right? and if you try fighting the Eater of Worlds, you can get shadow scales and demonite from killed segments too, right?

Also, dunno how common the stool is. it's a normal surface chest loot. pretty useful early game, but turns quite useless later.
I made a hay bridge on the ocean and I can confirm that near the end there's a part that's not corrupted and still ocean.

I knew that I was underprepared to fight EoC but I found his summon while exploring underground jungle so I thought why not and wanted to see how well I would do with what I had.

I made a hay bridge on the ocean and I can confirm that near the end there's a part that's not corrupted and still ocean.

I knew that I was underprepared to fight EoC but I found his summon while exploring underground jungle so I thought why not and wanted to see how well I would do with what I had.
Yes, if the ocean is deep enough and all, I think that is how it is. like how I built that ship for the pirate there, and that place is pure.

Yeah, haha, well, it should go better, once you have a bit better gear, I'm sure XD lol

I noticed a pretty big difrence between the Corruption and Crimson versions of this challange. Farming for materials from Eater of Worlds is way harder then Brain of Cthuhlu. In a Crimson world Hearts are spawned in big open caves but in Corruption the orbs are in small tunnels which often leads to situations like this
20200904164111_1.jpg

I tried to fight him twice but I was never able to leave the tunnel before I got killed by him. Additonaly EoW segments have more health then Creepers (210 vs 170) and most of the time they're stuck underground so you can't damage them, while Creepers almost always stay in places you can hit. I'll probably stop trying to farm EoW until I get Dryad to move in so I can use Worm Food to spawn him on the surface.

On a positive I was lucky enough to get a piece of ancient shadow armor (pants).
20200904163402_1.jpg

@Quba
The chasms are not really suitable for this fight in this case. (normally it would be, but in this case, characters quite lack decent equipments for the fight) I didn't fought BoC in the chasms either first, but summoned it via bloody spine. - I did destroyed some hearts for the drops, but that's another thing.
You don't need the dryad for worm food either, you just need rotten chunk, and the powder you can extract from the mushrooms growing in the corrupt grass.
That way, you can fight it at a much better place. and it doesn't matters if you can't kill EoW, as long as you kill a few segments and they drop some material, you can get the armor pieces one by one.

And looks like you got one part of the armor already too, which is great!

@Quba
The chasms are not really suitable for this fight in this case. (normally it would be, but in this case, characters quite lack decent equipments for the fight) I didn't fought BoC in the chasms either first, but summoned it via bloody spine. - I did destroyed some hearts for the drops, but that's another thing.
You don't need the dryad for worm food either, you just need rotten chunk, and the powder you can extract from the mushrooms growing in the corrupt grass.
That way, you can fight it at a much better place. and it doesn't matters if you can't kill EoW, as long as you kill a few segments and they drop some material, you can get the armor pieces one by one.

And looks like you got one part of the armor already too, which is great!
Huh I didn't know that you can craft the powder, I thought that you can only get it from the Dryad so thanks, I'm gonna try again next time I play.

Huh I didn't know that you can craft the powder, I thought that you can only get it from the Dryad so thanks, I'm gonna try again next time I play.
Yeah, it's not the same thing as purification powder, it's corrupt/crimson version of it, which is extracted from the respective mushrooms. at a bottle, as @Pigman Δ said too.

I updated my plugin to enable both world evils at once.

I also think I did a much better job protecting the jungle this time, so it should stay pure and safe without putting an excessive quantity of hallow blocks.

EDIT: Moved download to original post

Last edited:
I updated my plugin to enable both world evils at once.

I also think I did a much better job protecting the jungle this time, so it should stay pure and safe without putting an excessive quantity of hallow blocks.
its beautiful...
but where is it?

Back
Top Bottom