Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for anyone who can answer. What will happen with hacked items? ( In a world )

So if I have hacked items in my world what would happen? and With the xb1 Early, THIS week like Monday coming up or early next week?

I have a question for anyone who can answer. What will happen with hacked items? ( In a world )
So if I have hacked items in my world what would happen? and With the xb1 Early, THIS week like Monday coming up or early next week?

What happens with hacked items on your game is not the concern of Pipeworks or Re-Logic. If you choose to use hacked items, that is your choice, but you get no support for your game if anything goes wrong.

It would be best to drop the discussion now.

What happens with hacked items on your game is not the concern of Pipeworks or Re-Logic. If you choose to use hacked items, that is your choice, but you get no support for your game if anything goes wrong.

considering the entire game is littered with modded items/stacks even if you don't want them you'll come across them & during the streams when asked about them they said they didn't know but would try to get information out about it, there is no reason to not give the players an answer on what is going to happen to them. it's not their fault there is more modded in than real items in the game, half the players probably don't even know things like the SDMG and the halo aren't in the game yet and people with modded stacks of building material im sure would like to know if their entire world is about to end up corrupted or not.

Is it okay to have some item called "something wings" and it allows infinite flight in any worlds you have or inventory during the version transition phase or should should i trash the item now and go back to my hover board?

Description of wings says "you should not have this"

Is it okay to have some item called "something wings" and it allows infinite flight in any worlds you have or inventory during the version transition phase or should should i trash the item now and go back to my hover board?

Description of wings says "you should not have this"
Those are Red’s wings.
And yes, you should really get rid of them.

Thanks for the answer?
I just wanted to know so i could know if I should do a new world to prepare in... but thanks anyways...

Also in my opinion if you have modded items in a world thanks to other pepole then how is it your fault? Also most pepole probably did this to get thing that were on Pc when console was basically abandoned... just saying

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer?
I just wanted to know so i could know if I should do a new world to prepare in... but thanks anyways...
If you’re confused on what she meant:
You’ll basically get no help from anyone, especially the dev team, if you used hacked items.
So you should probably get rid of them.
EDIT: whoops, sorry for not dropping it

considering the entire game is littered with modded items/stacks even if you don't want them you'll come across them & during the streams when asked about them they said they didn't know but would try to get information out about it, there is no reason to not give the players an answer on what is going to happen to them. it's not their fault there is more modded in than real items in the game, half the players probably don't even know things like the SDMG and the halo aren't in the game yet and people with modded stacks of building material im sure would like to know if their entire world is about to end up corrupted or not.

The worlds may be fine after the update, or they might be corrupted. I do not know what will happen to them. The worlds with hacked items are not going to be tested to see if they still work or not. It is on the player if they have chosen to use hacked items.

Now it is time for everyone to drop the discussion on hacked items, we do not permit discussion of hacked items as a Forum Policy. If there are further questions about this, you can send myself or other Staff Members a PM about it.

The worlds may be fine after the update, or they might be corrupted. I do not know what will happen to them. The worlds with hacked items are not going to be tested to see if they still work or not. It is on the player if they have chosen to use hacked items.

Now it is time for everyone to drop the discussion on hacked items, we do not permit discussion of hacked items as a Forum Policy. If there are further questions about this, you can send myself or other Staff Members a PM about it.

All right... I just wanted to know if my world is going to die or not...

wow you're a real pleasure, I guess we'll all act like that's not the current state of the game and you basically just said its 50/50 if it'll ruin 95% of the communities worlds/progress for the past couple years and we can't talk about it

wow you're a real pleasure, I guess we'll all act like that's not the current state of the game and you basically just said its 50/50 if it'll ruin 95% of the communities worlds/progress for the past couple years and we can't talk about it
You shouldn’t hack the items, since it is external sources the devs can’t fix anything that goes wrong. Plus cheating is bad.

I agree.. I really don't want to lose my world I've been preparing for months on that one.. but at least I have a spare

Modding anywhere (PC or console) for a game means that you are going outside the scope of what the developer is telling you will work, and therefore means that the risk is all on you if you choose to mod anyways. It's been warned in the past that the banned items aren't meant to be used for a variety of reasons.

Saying "the entire game is littered with modded items/stacks" seems like a pretty bold claim to me, especially since I have played with countless people and never run into someone that was using them. Now about the whole concept of people not knowing about hacked stuff. The only reason they became a thing in the first place is because of the 1.2 fiasco, and the only people who tried playing through that mess did so to get the modded stuff. The fact that items were broken and couldn't be crafted normally should be a dead giveaway to people, even if they were gifted to someone.

Bottom line: Don't use modded items and don't accept gifts from strangers. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom