Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Chat text auto breaks into the next chat line when too many characters are reached, however the character count in each string does not take into consideration the chat colour and item tags, resulting in very short lines of text being broken into serveral lines, making it very ugly to read, specially in multi player.

dbznTmf.png

Also, tags don't work in a players name/chat, but do work in status messages from the server.

osABsdJ.png
That's a PC issue. This thread is for consoles, check for a thread on that here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/pc-bug-reports.113/
Or post your own thread if none exists.

When i will play in multplayer appear two screens one above and other below and in the lower left corner of the top screen mode appears a tutorial of the buttons than should tighteen. But the button screen tutorial hardly appears. fix this (XBOX).

When i place a torch on a tile to its right. Then wire and and turn off the torch the graphic is all scrambled up

I actually noticed that other music boxes used to be given a random prefix when placed and mined, has it been fixed? It didn't work with them all, (forgot which ones).

%-_-well its almost the end of the 1st quarter of the year and still haven't seen the new update for xbox one or playstation 4. Please don't do what you did last year and postpone the update to later of the year.%-_-
A bit impatient for the update, are we? :) There's still 3 weeks to go before the quarter ends. If it gets any later than that, It's probably due to the submission process with Sony/MS which takes a couple of weeks.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457251809,1457251638][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually noticed that other music boxes used to be given a random prefix when placed and mined, has it been fixed? It didn't work with them all, (forgot which ones).
That bug is still in. I think it was the Tutorial music box that got a random prefix.

I keep getting these annonying bugs on 360 where my game crashes when i save. It doesn't happen everytime but it is irritating.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457274641,1457274592][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is a bug for Xbox Transfering. I recently transferred a Xbox 360 save to the Xbox One. (Character and world) Everytime I try to load up the transferred character with the transferred world the game completely crashes and unable to play. `:cry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1451033131,1451033000][/DOUBLEPOST]

Did you try opening the presents up in your inventory instead of the hotbar?
Yeah that happened to me too.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457274875][/DOUBLEPOST]
A bit impatient for the update, are we? :) There's still 3 weeks to go before the quarter ends. If it gets any later than that, It's probably due to the submission process with Sony/MS which takes a couple of weeks.
[DOUBLEPOST=1457251809,1457251638][/DOUBLEPOST]
That bug is still in. I think it was the Tutorial music box that got a random prefix.
But the thing is they have delayed the update lots of times. We got 1.2.4 what now like 2 years after pc got it and it isnt even the full update. If they they delay it im gonna find it hard to trust re-logic and 505 games with updates

I keep getting these annonying bugs on 360 where my game crashes when i save. It doesn't happen everytime but it is irritating.
* What size is the world that crashes? Large?
* Which storage device are you using? Internal hard drive or external storage? Cloud sync?

I find this very interesting as I'm on the 360 myself. I have never experienced crashes when saving, only when starting the game right after selecting storage (happened 2 times in 3 years).

But the thing is they have delayed the update lots of times. We got 1.2.4 what now like 2 years after pc got it and it isnt even the full update. If they they delay it im gonna find it hard to trust re-logic and 505 games with updates
They don't intentionally delay anything. It takes time to port things over from PC as the Console (and Mobile) version is written in a different programming language. On PC Terraria is written in C# using the XNA framework. That doesn't work on Console/Mobile however, so 505/Engine/CodeGlue had to rewrite everything in C++ instead. That takes time.

PS3 Rare Glitch That Happened Last Night- Fishron Drops Souls Of Blight And The Second Time I Spawned Him He Just Didnt Even Move Then After About 5 Seconds He Just Died
PLS FIX
well, i cinda sound like a wuss right now, but wouldnt both of those be beneficial glitches? i mean, of ourse, it wouldnt be as fun, but still hilarious AF!!! and the souls of blight? how many did you get and did you get other items?

Found a bug\ glitch not sure if it is listed, increases max height with wings alot, if you have a wall with a pit next to it, with wings, fly until you start gliding, then hug the wall holding it with tiger climbing gear with the anolouge stick towards the wall and down, you should slide down the wall, but not fly up,then, walk over the pit and you can fly for way longer than intended, I think, this rose my frost wings height from in the sky are tome being at the ceiling of the world hugging it for about 15 seconds.

Sorry for poor quality just took from tablet for example

Im! Using tiger climbing gear and frost wings

Must be holding 'a' using item cancels glitch

Last edited:
I have to say, I've had no crashes on Xbox 360, no lag problems, and only minor glitches, that being said, my hard drive is HS s ton of memory I don't use, and I have a system modded to help download games faster, so my Xbox may not be the best to go by. Anyway, if you hold s torch in a Minecart, when you move you will see the torch somewhere else,by moveinf around a track, I was able to make the torch fly upwards

Shiverthorn doesn't bloom correctly when it's potted.

It doesn't bloom with the little glow around it, it just stays in the form before it blooms. I thought that it was just a graphical glitch, so I harvested it, but it only yielded the herb itself only when it should give seeds as well.
(Or it might just be an incredibly long time, but I've waited for 4 in-game days and it didn't bloom. It would just stay in the stage before the blooming sprite.)
*I also use the Staff of Regrowth, but I don't know if it changes anything on console as of right now*

[UPDATE] I can now confirm that Shiverthorn just takes an incredibly long time to bloom once planted. I don't know if this is a bug for it to take so long, but if it is, then it would be appreciated if it is fixed. :)

Last edited:
Shiverthorn doesn't bloom correctly when it's potted.

It doesn't bloom with the little glow around it, it just stays in the form before it blooms. I thought that it was just a graphical glitch, so I harvested it, but it only yielded the herb itself only when it should give seeds as well.
(Or it might just be an incredibly long time, but I've waited for 4 in-game days and it didn't bloom. It would just stay in the stage before the blooming sprite.)
*I also use the Staff of Regrowth, but I don't know if it changes anything on console as of right now*

[UPDATE] I can now confirm that Shiverthorn just takes an incredibly long time to bloom once planted. I don't know if this is a bug for it to take so long, but if it is, then lt would be appreciated if it is fixed. :)

The staff of regrowth works but I've had the opposite happening to me in my ice biom shiverthorn grows on any snow block it can

Back
Top Bottom