Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I hope the random crash bug gets solved soon. I'd like to kill and build stuff without crashes

I have had crashes before on the PS4 version. Usually the music will stop playing and I have a small amount of time before the crash. I'm thankful it isn't as common as people say the Vita one is.

Out of curiousity - anyone they crashes on any device should shut the sound off and see what happens. If this IS the root cause, it gives a very specific place to look for the root cause error...that's why I keep pressing folks to try it out and report back. :)

I have tried out the sound alone and crashes have persisted before.

Yeah it clearly has something to do with the save dynamic as well - but also sound somehow.

As I do not have a vita - does it play some sound or do anything at all during the save process? Assume that I know nothing and leave nothing out of your description. ;)

well I think you should pick a Vita up sir. It's a great system but it'd also help you witness any crashes or bugs in-game.

It does not specifically play any sound while saving. I find it hard to believe that Terraria takes that much RAM to play but I lack full knowledge of it's memory usage as of the 1.2.3 - 1.2.4 update. I'm assuming since 1.1 days it went up. The Vita had no problem handling it's equivalent of 1.1.

Yeah it clearly has something to do with the save dynamic as well - but also sound somehow.

As I do not have a vita - does it play some sound or do anything at all during the save process? Assume that I know nothing and leave nothing out of your description. ;)
Hey If the sound and save systems are causing the crashes on the vita then isn't it possible that on the 360 the sound probloms with items like the Minishark and the Frostspark boots are connected with the Pet summoner probloms? I hope you can get them fixed soon but from what I did learn about programming I understand the need for that last sentence on your message:eek:. Farely new to the Forums by the way. A little Nervous to be posting this as i've never posted to an important developer before and I'm trying to avoid messing up.

Last edited:
This mean that i am very lucky:p
I did 25 hours of test without in-game music,sounds on,autosave off and i had one crash only in the first five hours as i wrote many time before.If in-game music is not related to the save crash,i am really surprised that i had one crash in 25 hours since i turned off music...so surprised.
I noticed that when i fight duke fishron and i kill it,i can hear the sound of tornados even if i am on the other side of my world.

it make the open inventory sound
[DOUBLEPOST=1451929530,1451929311][/DOUBLEPOST]
it make the open inventory sound
sometimes witch is very strange considering it should probable make the sound

it also has something to do with the map. somehow it will sometimes try to autosave two times at once (if it is autosaving when u open the map but im not sure because it sometimes autosaves without showing the saving icon until half way through the saving process) on ps3 that is

Last edited:

While it starts saving, in my experience on Terraria on my Vita, it just plays the same sound animation as clicking anything on the main menu.
[DOUBLEPOST=1451947475,1451947237][/DOUBLEPOST]
Out of curiousity - anyone they crashes on any device should shut the sound off and see what happens. If this IS the root cause, it gives a very specific place to look for the root cause error...that's why I keep pressing folks to try it out and report back. :)

I've playing Terraria for around a few hours since the PC equivalent of 1.2.4 came out for Vita, and I've had the autosave feature on and the background music on too, but it only crashed once, when I pressed the manual save button. When I select main menu, it saves the game just fine and doesn't crash.

I have ps4 and ever since 4ish hours ago I can't play the game. I press the touch pad to start the game and it freezes I can't get to the character selection. I'm not sure if it's because the servers are down or if.. Yeah

On my Xbox 360 Terraria, my titan armor turned into the holiday Christmas tree vanity upon a previous update. Sorry for lack of details.

Whenever I cast the Sitting Duck Fishing Pole and try to reel it back in, it instead duplicates the fishing line. My friend tried the Flesh catcher and it worked...

I found out about the palm trees not growing after I started a major build that needs excessive amount of palm trees.... I have made so many worlds just to harvest their palm trees and the ship is only a quarter finished. I am also supplementing with regular wood wherever I can aesthetically get away with it.

Something else I forgot to mention on the 360 is when I got on my map after the update, all the Dynasty wood doors I placed on my map turned into Frozen doors. Also when I hold down the right trigger in the shop menu to buy a stack of an item the money sound effect happens slower now which means that it's probably also connected with the other sound bugs that we are currently experiencing.

I have only psvita version and i can open crates. Put crates on the hotbar then press " R " for open it.

My test update:

20 hours of game done and i had only one crash in the first 5 hours as i wrote before.
My game settings are:in-game music off,autosave off.
Have played many hours with the music and auto save off and the music on and auto save off.. Both without crashes. That is until my husband saved just a couple minutes after our son saved to exit. Only crash in several days ago it has something to do with the saving, timing of activities during saving. Been able to go from world to world and even signing out of mine and into my husband's no problem, just the saving.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452018484,1452018246][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have only psvita version and i can open crates. Put crates on the hotbar then press " R " for open it.

My test update: many hours played, auto save off, tested with and without music no problems. Now when my husband saved just a few minutes after my son logged out and saved them or crashed for the first time in days.

20 hours of game done and i had only one crash in the first 5 hours as i wrote before.
My game settings are:in-game music off,autosave off.

Back
Top Bottom