Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I have not got crash since this fix,playing with sounds and music on,spamming events etc.I don t know if i will get crash in the future but i can play without fear finally :D thank you very much to all 505 staff for their work!!

Trying to follow the back and forth on VITA:

Is it:
  • The same as it was?
  • Better, but still isolated issues (specifically tied to save & exit)
  • Completely sorted?
My HOPE is that 505 have at least greatly narrowed the scope of the bug/chances of it happening. That would do two things....the first being obvious improvements to gameplay and the second being a very narrow place to look for any error that may be remaining.

The more details the better guys! :)

as far as crashing goes I have not had one issue since the latest patch with music and autosave turned on I use large worlds with big buildings and lots of traps both autosave and save and exit cause no crashes for me anymore though one thing I did notice is the performance seems to have degraded a bit the underground jungle for example is pretty much impossible to traverse anymore because it is soooooo slow and the underground hallow has always been slow but now its even worse

Is it:
  • The same as it was?
  • Completely sorted?
My HOPE is that 505 have at least greatly narrowed the scope of the bug/chances of it happening. That would do two things....the first being obvious improvements to gameplay and the second being a very narrow place to look for any error that may be remaining.

The issue is basically the same as before. It seems to be definitely linked to saving as 95% of my crashes occur either the moment I press the save button or once the save bar has progressed to around 70%. Crashes that occur outside of saving are very very rare ( for me anyway), they might happen once every 20-30 hours, and because of this they really are not as much of a problem . Playing with the sound and auto save off, only on small to medium worlds reduces the crashing to every 6th or 7th save attempt as opposed to every 3rd. Due to the crashes only happening at save it doesn't seem to be ram related ( unless the games does something strange related to ram when it saves, like dumping all information to ram right before dumping it to a file) or the is some piece of data that is transferred at the 75%ish mark of saving causing the crash. Don't know if any of the above is any way helpful.

Last edited:
I haven't had any crashes since the new update on the vita. I don't play fast by quick switching controls as I am getting used to them(I'm new to the vita). I have had problems on the 360 and xbox one when my son was trying to switch menus quickly getting in and out of his inventory and blasting away during solar eclipse. For my game play, no problems.

now that I think about it the crash did happen at around 70%. perhaps it is something up with saves?

Is it:
  • The same as it was?
  • Completely sorted?

Only problem is, you can't be in a party if you're going to play Terraria. It'll kick you out the party. Plus, a few of the original bugs, such as the glass looking screwed up and crates not being able to open, are still in the game. One last thing, I'm not sure if the doors automatically opening when you touch them is a bug or not, but I love it. It saves a lot of my NPCs from various events, especially the Blood Moon when I forget to close to door before I block it. I do have traps all over my house but some zombies just get through all the damn spiky balls.

I have had no crashes since this update either. I have to admit I had been playing without sound and music. I also had autosave turned off. Anything for my Terraria fix. My world is large and just now today I beat the wall of flesh and am in hard mode now. Autosave is back on. Music and sfx are back on and played for about 10 hours since updating. Funny thing too though I noticed a bigger lag than before too. Probably to about half speed at some points but better than crashes! Thanks 505games.

On a different note. Have to say I got so excited when I saw the update icon I thought it was the 1.3 update!! Any news on that?

On a different note. Have to say I got so excited when I saw the update icon I thought it was the 1.3 update!! Any news on that?
First we need to get the remaining part of 1.2.4. That will probably happen within 1-2 months.
As for 1.3, do you realise what a massive update that is? If it ever happens, it will be bit by bit and it will take a long time.

I have had no crashes since this update either. I have to admit I had been playing without sound and music. I also had autosave turned off. Anything for my Terraria fix. My world is large and just now today I beat the wall of flesh and am in hard mode now. Autosave is back on. Music and sfx are back on and played for about 10 hours since updating. Funny thing too though I noticed a bigger lag than before too. Probably to about half speed at some points but better than crashes! Thanks 505games.

so its not only me that is having new performance issue then...as for the 1.3 update how about they completely fix all the current bugs before they inevitability add more with a 1.3 update... I personally think they need to start getting actual testers for the vita version before they release it out to everybody

Back
Top Bottom