3DS Terraria for 3DS Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for the bad comment but I kinda don't like the interface, but that's just me, I'm happy for terraria expanding to newer hand held devices, I'm definitely playing this with my cousin once he gets at my place :)

I'm sorry for the bad comment but I kinda don't like the interface, but that's just me, I'm happy for terraria expanding to newer hand held devices, I'm definitely playing this with my cousin once he gets at my place :)

What differences would you have liked to see on the interface? :)

What differences would you have liked to see on the interface? :)
Maybe to show the whole hotbar and you can change between the items with the buttons on the side, but there's one thing that I apsulety love, it's the minimap, according to the trailer it can be shown on the bottom screen while player is still moving, that's what I like

Holy mother of :red::red:les, this is actually happening!
vwMin.gif

But... what about Terraria on WII U?

If 3DS has fishing does that mean it has the duke? (Duke Fishron, or as I like to call him, Le Duke Fishderp)

EDIT: Also is health Capped at 10 hearts? I didn't see the health any higher then 10 hearts.

Last edited:
Maybe to show the whole hotbar and you can change between the items with the buttons on the side, but there's one thing that I apsulety love, it's the minimap, according to the trailer it can be shown on the bottom screen while player is still moving, that's what I like
Seeing as you mentioned the hotbar, it seems that you're referring to the screenshot showing off Precision Mode, considering the other screenshot does display the entire hotbar. You can cycle through items in your hotbar with L and R, and I'm assuming they can be selected manually via touch. As for the Precision Mode HUD, it does require some explanation as it's quite different from anything you might have expected.

Against the left side of the Precision Mode HUD is a collection of the best of every kind of tool currently in your inventory, with the top-left slot being the weapon you last used since entering Precision Mode. If this weapon slot is tapped while already equipped, it will actually cycle through all of the weapons in your inventory. As Precision Mode is intended solely for precise building/destruction and not for general play, this is intended to allow you to fight off pesky enemies that may try to attack you while working.

Against the right side of the Precision Mode HUD is a scrolling list of all of the building materials in your inventory. Seeing as a bottle and ore are present on the list in the screenshot, I take it the term "building materials" refer to everything that can be physically placed in the world is included. This in done so you can switch between any building material you have without having to exit Precision Mode and resort your inventory.
Holy mother of :red::red:les, this is actually happening!
vwMin.gif

But... what about Terraria on WII U?
Set to release early 2016. The current date is unconfirmed.

Wow, I was JUST thinking about this. Guess I'll be able to do an inaugural Frost Legion fight this year after all.

As someone who's played exclusively on PC until now, I'm curious as to how the different controls will affect the balance of power between melee and ranged. I'm the kind of person who can't play FPSes without a mouse.

1750 blocks wide sounds awfully small (about 40% of a Small PC world). I understand that it's because of technical limitations though, and I admit it'll be a relief not taking five minutes to run across the map.

I know the developers have said they plan for future updates, but also not to expect everything from PC Terraria to make it in. But it would be nice if they could go into more detail as to what looks likely to make it or not make it (1.3 biomes? Post-Golem events? Expert Mode?).

Finally, it seems strange that Nintendo won't allow sharing of worlds when the type of inappropriate content you can create is no greater than in, say, Super Mario Maker.

[QUOTE="We use it for camera peek. The useability of the C-nub isn't good enough to offer the console-style twin stick layour using it.[/QUOTE]

Camera peek? Doesn't that make binoculars and rifle scope useless since you can use those only when holding binoculars or equipping the Rifle Scope and holding a gun?

Camera peek? Doesn't that make binoculars and rifle scope useless since you can use those only when holding binoculars or equipping the Rifle Scope and holding a gun?
Maybe with those the camera peek can go even farther
[DOUBLEPOST=1449271448,1449271323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Finally, it seems strange that Nintendo won't allow sharing of worlds when the type of inappropriate content you can create is no greater than in, say, Super Mario Maker.
That's actually kinda true, I wonder if maybe online functionality will be added later.

Yay it's here. ITS HERE FINNALLY! If and by that I mean once I get it I will be very happy. Just hope I can have minimal on the top screen and mainly focus on the bottom screen.

I'm somewhat happy with my version of the game on my tablet(mobile), I also have a 3ds, but if its not in 3d I don't see no point in purchasing it, I mean its a nintendo 3DS I bought it to see games and such in 3d
do I deserve criticism for this comment , emphatically NO ?
to those reading this and have the same problem you can comment(if you want) , all others with criticism need not reply, those are the rules, I set them you must follow them. no exceptions
the irony of the above statement in a forum will/may be challenged, I can't wait or not
I also read the OP, both of them

Last edited:
I'm somewhat happy with my version of the game on my tablet(mobile), I also have a 3ds, but if its not in 3d I don't see no point in purchasing it, I mean its a nintendo 3DS I bought it to see games and such in 3d
do I deserve criticism for this comment , emphatically NO ?
to those reading this and have the same problem you can comment(if you want) , all others with criticism need not reply, those are the rules, I set them you must follow them. no exceptions
the irony of the above statement in a forum will/may be challenged, I can't wait or not
I also read the OP, both of them
Would the 3D really add much to the game? Answer, no, it'd just separate the background from the world.

It looked like I saw 13 item slots? The standard 10 slots never seem like enough on the PC, and that problem only gets improved on a port for a (no offense to 3DS fans, I'm one too) technically inferior platform? I don't even care if they don't have associated number hotkeys, I want more slots too! Way more slots.

...Whatever, hopefully Otherworld will improve Terraria's problems in that regard even moreso. Really hopefully, because that stuff is what I want improved the most. Storage and hotbar swapping and such is the only part of Terraria I get sick of. If a mere 3DS port can come up with ways to make that less of a pain, than surely an entirely new game from the ground up can do even better.

oooooo.... :dryadeek:

Now I need a 3DS. lol

There is no way my DS will run that... Yes I would buy a 3DS for this. Mainly because there are a lot of other games I would buy on that system fairly easily... Guess it is time to save up. :dryadhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom