Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Gonna get in the mount conversation. .
The mount is not a downgrade and it is neither OP
why it isn't OP:
1- you can't use items on mounts, so if you wanted to attack a monster, you'll just get down. So you'll have to switch to the weapon and then switch to the mount summoning item. And I don't think that it will be able to attack, because balance and there is no mount that have two different abilities (but this point is invalid if they made items usable on mounts)
2- shroomite digging claws can mine much faster than that and you van still have high speed with it, but this mount get your speed down.
3- the floating feature in this mount doesn't look OP, it is there to make mining easier. It doesn't seem useful for transportation.
Why it isn't a down grade:
1- it make slopes
2- you are floating while mining, which would make mining easier
3- it looks awesome :cool:

You're kidding me, right? When has it ever been that easy to dig tunnels with a mining tool and not have any inconsistencies from the player jumping and twitching all over the place?.

Straight tunnels/elevators, very easy.

Otherwise, you can replicate the same hovering effect, while not as effective, with wings and hoverboard. And you can mine faster with them at the same time.

But neither beats Rocket IV's in pure mining speed.

Straight tunnels/elevators, very easy.

Otherwise, you can replicate the same hovering effect, while not as effective, with wings and hoverboard. And you can mine faster with them at the same time.

But neither beats Rocket IV's in pure mining speed.

As an avid miner who stacked up on Rocket IV, I have to disagree. Also don't forget that Rocket IV are hard to get, and your supply is very limited. Also not everyone has a billion gold, infact I usually am broke. This mount is infinite.

The fact that it also digs sloped, as well as lets you float, makes mining a whole different category. Wings and such tools are annoying, because they let you hover just a few seconds, so you have to work to keep yourself up. They are actually so annoying to use that it's easier to just hook yourself onto a wall. That's how awkward it is to use hoverboards and the like for mining.

I can see this mining tool efficiently becoming the preferred mining tool for the vast majority of people who aren't just gonna make hellevators. And they're gonna get it just once; then keep it forever, and rocket IVs won't even be worth the trouble.

I'll leave the rest because it won't get us anywhere, just this little bit:

Pumpkin Moon can net a good twenty platinum or more per night. It's a real easy event to do, unlike the Frost Moon.

I facetanked those on video on many occasions, but for one reason or another, I always ended up poor. Money flies when you do other things, reforge and etc. I don't recall getting as much as twenty platinum though.

It involves selling absolutely everything you get.

It might not be 20 platinum precisely, haven't really checked. I do know that with the broken bugged Stynger, I was getting ~120 Pumpking and Mourning Wood trophies. That single night brought in 27 platinum. With a single attempt with the Tsunami, I got nearly a hundred of both so it should be a little over 20.

That is also bearing in mind that none of the loot disappears, because I have no idea how much does with all that crap on the ground :confused:

Oh, interesting. I didn't get a fraction of that many trophies. I suppose our lucks are just different. I always struggle to make money in this game :|

Guys, bold prediction: Update will be out Jan/Feb.

1.2 is the most important update hands down. Why? You no longer had to jump up blocks heights of 1. Thank the lord xD[DOUBLEPOST=1412642836][/DOUBLEPOST]
What I see it as is that it isn't 'OP', but instead just a different way to mine. Assuming this works just like current mounts do, being unable to use weapons would be a huge detrimental factor.

it's real. It was about a week ago and I saw the physical post on Cenx's profile. It made me a little sad inside.

I have to say that 1.2 was the biggest update,and the one I enjoyed the most, partly because i love the crimson and my favourite biome, the snow, but also because it got me into building again with all of the new blocks and I love all of the new vanity it added

I bet the everything of cthulhu will be added. Also, remember the spoiler from the old forums, with the (What I assume to be) blurred sprites of aliens.

Cthulhu? Hmm.. I have no idea.

I would do the spoiler reveals if I could but I just don't lurk anywhere, I wouldn't even know where Red and Cenx hang out and drop the goods, and even if I did I wouldn't have the time to be there. Diablodoc had the skillz. Oh well.

Last edited:
Exploding nail gun. Royal gel. Magic water dropper.

These are the dubious hints that Red is dropping.
Personal speculation in the second one is that the royal gel is a king slime drop. What it does is anyone's guess. Maybe pink torches?

I personally've missed the Quick Loot feature and wanted to suggest it. Finally someone did.

...Diablodoc! Where are you?..

I would need to be a beta tester to get any information right now. If I one day get recommended as such, I'll drop the hints I'm allowed to. Even riddles and such.

EDIT:

For those who missed it:

opnrZp4.gif

* Displaying items in chat feature (Same as in Minecraft)
* Meowmere, currently not balanced yet, does 200 damage
* "Planter" kinds of items, possibly self-growing pots?
* Laser Machinegun does 50 dmg at the moment, for 7 mana (vanilla)
* Multicolored fireplace
* New Mannequinn
* Item IDs can be displayed when wanting them for chat, or is this beta only?
* Interesting new icon below the ammo and coin slots!

Bold prediction: The item-in-chat feature is gonna be annoying when you accidentally mouse-over other people's items, simply because moving your mouse is a part of this game. Also I'm not sure how this would work on consoles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom