Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

I seriously doubt there are any incompatibility issues with any 64bit windows operating system specifically. The development of T-IR has been on workstations using Win7 and Win8.1. I strongly think this must be a result of something else. Perhaps the prerequisites aren't installed. Vanilla Terraria requires .net 4.0 and XNA 4.0. Terraria-IR requires .net 4.0 and XNA 4.0 for the client and .net 4.5.1 for the server. Make sure all three frameworks are installed.

XNA 4.0
.Net 4.0
.Net 4.5.1

Please do let me know if this is the solution. I'd like to make sure the install process is rather solid at least.

Last edited:
U wot.

19fd131106.png

Ah hah. It appears that exe is corrupt. It should be around 238KB in size and have a Terraria Tree icon. I'll DL and test the installer package.

Edit: YUCK, it appears quite a few files are corrupt. I do dislike this installer creation software, but it's the only thing I've found that makes this quick and painless.... when it works. I will definitely fix this issue.

Last edited:
Maybe that's why my one says that its expired, or maybe it put it in my old Terraria folder.

Edit: Now that it's in the right folder I got the YUCK stuff. Yay.

Last edited:
I'm kind of with you there. Though I was unable to replicate that issue; I did get a client crash upon trying to load a map. I probably should have left some things alone or tested them much more before I upped this mod. It was either upload it or let it continue to collect dust here. I definitely could reprogram this thing to cache sections but yuck to that effort.

Tell you what. I'll work on it. No point in putting something out that's completely broken. I don't mind some issues, but complete game breaking issues are just unacceptable.

Edit: Well all said and done that didn't take too long. Seems to be working well here. Give it a try now.

Last edited:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: TerrariaIR.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.2.4.1
Problem Signature 03: 577a303a
Problem Signature 04: TerrariaIR
Problem Signature 05: 1.2.4.1
Problem Signature 06: 577a303a
Problem Signature 07: 3f6
Problem Signature 08: 281
Problem Signature 09: System.OutOfMemoryException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
f55e366634.jpg

Can I suggest you use Github? Please use Github.

The game crashes when ever i try do join my server/host&play, like it just says not responding as soon as it says joining server then closes and i have no idea what to do. i have the latest version of T-IR and the necessities and my computer is 64 bit and i just really wanna play this ;( i cant find a crash log anywhere? help please.

I'm pretty sure exactly where things go wrong. There are two large objects that are initialized in the client when you join a server. I've tried a few things in attempt to keep things under the 32bit limits of the client. Seems the bug is hit or miss. It doesn't crash for me here. Looks like it needs more work though.

Edit: I'll post an updated package soon.

Last edited:
Zombies are extremely buggy for me, they teleport every time you hit them, and night lasts an extremely long time ;P On the other hand, this is a lot more pleasing to play than vanilla terraria ;D

Last edited:
I have experienced the NPC lag before. Through the majority of the play testing this issue didn't persist or show up at all.

It concerns me that somehow your 'world clock' is altered some how. There has only been one edit directed towards the day/night update cycle. It was a development command that only compiles when in debug mode. That command would stop the clock. So it requires not only that you have a debug build but that you also entered the command.

I would check the FPS on the Server by typing 'FPS' or 'fps' into the server console window and hitting 'Enter.' This only works when you launch the server manually. Input command function doesn't run when the Client launches the Server. If your server is somehow bogging down it would be worth me taking a look as to why and it would account for the world not updating properly and the NPCs not updating properly.

I'm pretty sure exactly where things go wrong. There are two large objects that are initialized in the client when you join a server. I've tried a few things in attempt to keep things under the 32bit limits of the client. Seems the bug is hit or miss. It doesn't crash for me here. Looks like it needs more work though.

Edit: I'll post an updated package soon.
So whens this updated package gonna be here? i would really like to play this mod :(

@2close4cum4t:
Thanx for the push. I hadn't touched it since I did the edit. I'm testing it now to be sure.

@Terrmany:
I am experiencing exactly your issues, and it is related to exactly what I mentioned above: Server FPS. I have 8GB of RAM on the main workstation I program on. There are times when I have a few too many things going on and I run out of RAM. Such is the case right now. I have a VM running and several visual studios open. At this point your computer will begin to page out data from RAM to your Hard drive (as mine is doing now). The server frame rate drops to <=1 as a hard drive is ridiculously slower than RAM. I'm using an solid state drive rated at around 1,500MB/s which as drives goes is among the highest, and it still can't keep up with the RAM in the slightest.

To clear things up here:
This mod - Terraria Industrial Revolution - requires more hardware than vanilla Terraria.

-It requires at LEAST 3GB of FREE/AVAILABLE memory to function.

This breaks down to about 2GigaBytes for each server/world running and 500MegaBytes - 700MegaBytes for the client. The client varies a lot as it's loading and unloading map and section objects. The client can reach about 1.5GigaBytes if it's pushed.

PS: The server is the little black window with the white text. The client is the larger visual portion that actually displays the game to you.

@Industrial Revolution
How do I allocate more ram to the server, and how do I launch it manually? Also, I never entererred a time stop command. I think it might just be server lag again since it occasionally turns day then a couple secs later its night then day ago, then its night again for a while. I should be able to run it with my laptop since it has 16gb of DDR3 ram, but tis ding is old ;P My laptop doesn't even realize it has a ssd anymore, it used to show up but now it doesn't. I opened it up and reconnected all the crap to add it back but umm... Nope

Last edited:
It is true T-IR doesn't get much attention these days. I recently found a way to compile the game in 64 bits. I did a brief test and was able to generate a 15,000 x 6,000 map without issue. There are some issues however. Mostly minor, but it would require more attention than is available currently. With the release of Terraria v1.3 we basically just stopped working on T-IR and moved on to our own project. I just dabble with T-IR here and there.

Back
Top Bottom