Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

As a matter of fact, yes. That whole mechanic is being overhauled as well. Some details can be found in the old thread on the old forums. Basically things will be more dynamic. There are explosive tiers and grades (or sub tiers IE: premium bomb and budget bomb). The idea being that explosives will have varying radius and damage based on their grade and of course their tier (tiers being bomb, dynamite, new explosives (think nuclear at some point)). Since tiles now all have a hardness value (think tile health), the explosives will affect tiles to various degree. While a budget bomb works well on dirt let's say, when you try to harvest ebonestone you might want at least a premium bomb. And since there will be dynamic damage applied per tile even a premium would only take you so far into ebonstone leaving many on broken tiles inside the blast zone. Either way this should make things more interesting and fun to play with.

Because I'm pushing to have a beta out for play soon. I'm not sure I will get this mechanic in or not before hand. We'll see.

What's this S symbol supposed to be?
6dd7c3fd669ab174d4ecc1a8bab12374.gif

Also sorry for the necropost.

@Pizzavolcano:
My first thoughts when I read your "sorry fro necro-posting were, "Awe. Someone considers this mod old and dead :("

No, T-IR is quite alive and well. Truth be told. I would have released this thing already, but I'm having some trouble with the vehicles. I'm going to scrap them for now. IE they are there but you can't access them. Just so we can get something out in the next couple of days. The biggest reason for not releasing this thing is because everyone looks at the thread and thinks, "Oh my god this is huge. This is great, This is 1.3." Thanks for the support. It keeps me going. The reality is that if I released this thing you guys would be like... uh, there's nothing here. Content wise there just isn't much. Mostly what we have are some seriously awesome new mechanics: tile hardness/break system, starmap interconnectivity, new liquids, and larger maps. As yet there is only one barely new added NPC and it's nothing really. Only a few items have been added. Really all we have is a strong base for an expansion to Terraria.

That reminds me. Some tidbits:
Joel and I have collaborated and decided that T-IR shouldn't just extend the Terraria progression. It should live right along side it. I consider T-IR an expansion, not just a mod. So going with the industrial theme the idea of compounds and/or alloys seems appropriate. So, what we've done is create tier like materials: bronze, steel, etc that ride along side the normal progression. Bronze will be a mixture of tin and copper. Steel will be iron coal. These materials will also be produced at and create new craft stations. These stations have an added bonus of combining some of the original stations. For instance, one of the first stations, the Blast Furnace, will combine the furnace and glass kiln functions along side of producing the early compounds: bronze ingots, steel ingots, etc. The Manufactory will combine the workbenches and anvil functions along with producing parts for the industrial things like vehicles and such from the new compound ingots. We're going to introduce a new town NPC "The Engineer" who will mainly be focused on selling blue prints for these new stations and industrial items (think vehicles and power tools). The blue prints are actually a progression control mechanism as they will be required items in the recipes for the industrial item they represent. Just these things alone make for a neat expansion of things I think. ATM we're focused mainly on the early tiers for release, but the tiers go all the way up the chain and surpass the end game chlorophyte tier.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Well, Can't wait! Last time I saw a mod like this was like 3 years ago, on Tconfig, then that mod disappeared and I always hoped to find a similar mod :)

It's funny how us modders are creating things that are on the same path as the devs. Looks like he was on painting before the devs put that in game. I expanded the tile set beyond 255 before the devs introduced that in game. I wonder how interested they'd be int he star map stuff. Part of the starmap uses steam integration. They say they are putting in 1.3.

Well, something that I would like to see in terraria would be weapons that get stronger the more you kill enemies, like say you kill 100 enemies, it either increases the damage that the weapon does or the knockback, use time, critical stike chance, etc.

Yeah, but lower tiers of weapons require less enemies to kill for a stat level up.
For example: Copper shortsword levels up after 10 exp. Terra blade levels up after 1 000 000 exp.
And depending on which monster/enemy you kill with that weapon, the more exp you gain.
2nd example: Bunny--> 1 exp Zombie--> 5 exp Eye of Cthulhu--> 500 exp
But if you switch weapons during a fight, the exp gets distributed equally
Hmm, that seems like a pain to code in :/

The biggest pain is attributing a specific value with an item. All items in Terraria get their stats from hard coded values. There is nothing individual about them. We've had other ideas that would require tracking a specific value for an item and chose to not pursue them.

Back
Top Bottom