Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

In case anyone is interested, there is a release posted on the site here. The installer now only installs the launcher which is much faster than using it to install the whole game. The launcher is also an install manager. It should pick up the latest release, download it , and extract it for you. So long as it was able to determine where Terraria is installed and/or was installed into the Terraria folder it should work. Otherwise you will be unable to launch the game as it will fail Steam authorization. Requiring a Steam account that owns Terraria is by design (we don't want to give away the game an all).

Two long outstanding bugs are hopefully fixed: The slow down issue related to Spawners and the installer being unable to pick up the Terraria installation folder on certain computers.

There are some loot drop items that aren't properly set in the Crypt mini-biome, and there are many more content related things unimplemented. Time will tell if I continue to work on T-IR right now. So far it's holding my interests.

-T-IR isn't linked to any version of Terraria. It's a completely stand alone mod.
-T-IR and Terarria do not share a single file.
-All T-IR saves are stored under the folder "..\Documents\My Games\Terraria IR" in My Games (apart from where Terraria stores it's saves ("..\Documents\My Games\Terraria")).
-T-IR was built from Terraria version 1.2.4.1
-T-IR includes many items from Terraria version 1.3+. Some of these items are verbatim while others have been repurposed.
-As mentioned many times in this thread, T-IR will likely never be rebuilt upon another version of Terraria. It is it's own thing now.

Last edited:
-T-IR isn't linked to any version of Terraria. It's a completely stand alone mod.
-T-IR and Terarria do not share a single file.
-All T-IR saves are stored under the folder "..\Documents\My Games\Terraria IR" in My Games (apart from where Terraria stores it's saves ("..\Documents\My Games\Terraria")).
-T-IR was built from Terraria version 1.2.4.1
-T-IR includes many items from Terraria version 1.3+. Some of these items are verbatim while others have been repurposed.
-As mentioned many times in this thread, T-IR will likely never be rebuilt upon another version of Terraria. It is it's own thing now.
It appears I am not able to use the installer on 32-bit windows, is this intended?

It is true. While recent optimizations have allowed me to return T-IR to 32 bits I chose not to. Because of the way Windows works and the way Steam varies its install of Terraria the installer must be 64 bit enabled to read both the 32 bit and the 64 bit portions of the registry. All of this (and issues from the past) revolve around this tiny simple issue with reading the registry for that installation variable. It's terribly annoying, but I know of no other way to retrieve the registry entry so that T-IR can be installed in the right directory. Perhaps I'll put out a manual install version some time and I mayyyy drop T-IR back to 32 bits.

Last edited:
it just asked if I wanted to try to reconstruct or something
[doublepost=1486428112,1486428062][/doublepost]also after uninstalling it will not let me reinstall, it says its still installed

Sort of a random update here. I saw someone playing and wanted to join them, so I made the Star Map more accessible so that it can actually be used by anyone.

-Minor update posted. The Star Map is now accessible from the main menu and in game with the Star Map control key.

Anyone with T-IR installed will get notified via the launcher of the update. Otherwise downloading the launcher here and installing it will get others going.

They are purchased from the Engineer. The Engineer is a new NPC that you obtain when you have sufficient housing for new NPCs and you defeat the Lich King. The Lich King can be found at the bottom of the Crypts. The Crypts are a new mini biome that spawn on the surface. They are coded in as part of the Giant Tree spawn code. Giant Tree spawns were slightly increased and Crypts have a chance to replace a Giant Tree spawn.

Last edited:
A wiki would help so much!!

Aim to aquire the Engineer. Through him you can expand into many of the new toys. There are several new crafting stations that are used to make industrial things along with consolidating crafting stations for normal recipes.

I stumbled into this page and i have to say, fantastic work! The only problem (pretty big one) is that i can't seem to be able to download your mod. It leads me to a dead page. Any helpw ould be appreciated.

Good day

Back
Top Bottom