Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rudi so well put it: a little faith and trust that we are not so shortsighted as to release "the same game with better graphics". It would be safe to assume that we would realize the need to make this "differentiated enough" from Terraria to be worth it and make people happy. :)

Of course it will have some common elements - it IS a Terraria game, after all - but we are confident that the end result will feel substantially different enough to provide a new and different gameplay experience. As others stated, that may be more pleasing to some, same to some, less to others. That's fine - we each have our gaming preferences and we are all cool with that. :)

The comparison to SB is a bit silly. No outer space, nothing really in common at all. The "style" may be similar inasmuch as one may view 8 bit vs 16 bit graphics...as an analogy...but the "similarities" end there.

Hey, in the end, either we will deliver on a differentiated, fun, and fresh Terraria experience - or we will have missed the mark we have set for ourselves. We do not intend to miss that mark. Until we can share more and/or you have that in your hands, would ask for a bit of faith. ;)

Not trying to dampen any speculation (love reading it!), just giving some perspective from our end.

Of course, there is now a dedicated section on TCF where you can give your thoughts and ideas to help make sure this delivers!

Terraria continues along it's planned route, for those in doubt there....

As Rudi so well put it: a little faith and trust that we are not so shortsighted as to release "the same game with better graphics". It would be safe to assume that we would realize the need to make this "differentiated enough" from Terraria to be worth it and make people happy. :)

Of course it will have some common elements - it IS a Terraria game, after all - but we are confident that the end result will feel substantially different enough to provide a new and different gameplay experience. As others stated, that may be more pleasing to some, same to some, less to others. That's fine - we each have our gaming preferences and we are all cool with that. :)

The comparison to SB is a bit silly. No outer space, nothing really in common at all. The "style" may be similar inasmuch as one may view 8 bit vs 16 bit graphics...as an analogy...but the "similarities" end there.

Hey, in the end, either we will deliver on a differentiated, fun, and fresh Terraria experience - or we will have missed the mark we have set for ourselves. We do not intend to miss that mark. Until we can share more and/or you have that in your hands, would ask for a bit of faith. ;)

Not trying to dampen any speculation (love reading it!), just giving some perspective from our end.

Of course, there is now a dedicated section on TCF where you can give your thoughts and ideas to help make sure this delivers!

Terraria continues along it's planned route, for those in doubt there....
Slimes and demon eyes better be in this game :D

Why this though instead of Terraria 2?

I hope this will be just a relatively little story driven game project, not something that tries to compete with Terraria. That would be ridicuosly dumb, since it looks pretty much exactly the same except with slightly shinier graphics and worse art style (imho).

The thought of restoring the world to beauty is interesting, I'm curious how you'll pull that off. I still hope for a regular Terraria sequel too though, with more RPG elements.

This also seems to reassure the possibility that 1.3 may indeed be the largest update Terraria will ever receive.

I really hope my eyes deceived me and the new physics aren't closer to Starbound. I also unfortunately don't like the artstyle as well as I do the original Terraria, though I can see why Re-Logic would end up going there in attempts to "upgrade" the visuals.

Though I'm not gonna put the thumbs down yet; I'm excited to see what Re-Logic will offer.

Last edited:
Wait, But are u going to have to buy another terraria then because i already payed 10 dollars for the first one, i dont want to have to pay another 10-20 dollars on terraria Overworld...

You will likely have to buy Terraria: Otherworld, yes. Although I imagine it will be in a similar state of market as Terraria, constantly going on sale and being discounted.
If you don't want to pay full price for it, just wait until it's 50% off or more - With the amount of time people have gotten out of Terraria... I don't think they'll mind buying another game.

It's a separate game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom