Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me about this is the devs saying they do not have the manpower to include large suggestions like the cyber. What is the problem Red are you afraid of having ideas in the game from people outside the team.

A quick glance a the bottom of this post completely answers the question about "outside" ideas . . . Terraria may have more fan ideas than any other game I know.

That said, there is a difference between adding a concept or idea, and then adding a completely designed and fleshed out biome created in someone else's vision (in this case, zoomo). It may or may not match how the Relogic team would want something like this to be. Not adding the Cyber isn't a limitation of manpower, but a clash between creative originality and just "filling your game to the brim with other people's vision".

131 hours in starbound and I still have no idea why people say they look the same :#

You can't.

Well, can you at least enlighten me on what'll show up?

I mean, if it's just Corruption or something, I'll probably be fine. Just need to call the government or get in contact with the SCP Foundation somehow. Then again, it could also be Chaos or something, which would be real bad because I'm not some six-foot tall superhuman with three lungs.

I mean, if it's just Corruption or something, I'll probably be fine. Just need to call the government or get in contact with the SCP Foundation somehow. Then again, it could also be Chaos or something, which would be real bad because I'm not some six-foot tall superhuman with three lungs.
I dunno, just put some pots around and you'll be fine

I don't know what to think of this. It looks like just Terraria with different graphics so far. How is it different? What's new? Why couldn't the idea of an actual motivation to cleanse the world be worked into the main game? Those are just a few of the questions I'm thinking about right now!

Okay guys, the pots joke was fine, but back on topic now. :)

I don't know what to think of this. It looks like just Terraria with different graphics so far. How is it different? What's new?
Why couldn't the idea of an actual motivation to cleanse the world be worked into the main game? Those are just a few of the questions I'm thinking about right now!

A big thing could be fundamental limitations of a game that is massively exceeding its original scope in both content and mechanics. This is a chance for Red to start again, and start big from the outset, with a full team at his back. Its quite possible a world cleansing mechanic as described for Otherworld might not be possible in Terraria Prime.

As for the different and new, we likely will have to wait. This is a very, very early teaser.

IT'S TERRARIA, BUT HD O: GIMMHE GIMMHE GIMMHE
A sandbox game with HQ graphics? Maybe the Terraria & MC haters will finally turn around OwO

It's Crowno. He's gonna devour your lunch.

EDIT: Crap, @Leinfors ninja'd me. Okay, on-topic:

I admit I have absolutely no idea what to think about this. Do I like the news? Do I dislike the news? The teaser tells so little in the end.

I guess I'm "cautiously optimistic" at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom