Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Hype Train comments are getting a bit out of hand, specifically the posts that say nothing other than "HYPE TRAIN" seem kinda spammy to me. Not a moderator, just my opinion.

I hope they still capture the magical quality of the weapons that Terraria has to offer. To me, that is what makes Terraria so much more interesting than Starbound and other games.

For the love of god put this on next gen console, i'll pay AAANNNYYYYYYYY amount i don't even care, i'll pay full AAA price for this shut and take my money.

I don't even have terraria1 yet! On any device >.> if they put terraria ios on sale that would change *coughs*

A quick glance a the bottom of this post completely answers the question about "outside" ideas . . . Terraria may have more fan ideas than any other game I know.

That said, there is a difference between adding a concept or idea, and then adding a completely designed and fleshed out biome created in someone else's vision (in this case, zoomo). It may or may not match how the Relogic team would want something like this to be. Not adding the Cyber isn't a limitation of manpower, but a clash between creative originality and just "filling your game to the brim with other people's vision".

This man is literally oozing wisdom....

I don't know what to think of this. It looks like just Terraria with different graphics so far. How is it different? What's new? Why couldn't the idea of an actual motivation to cleanse the world be worked into the main game? Those are just a few of the questions I'm thinking about right now!

Just quoting you because it seems poignant. Remember everyone: This is PRE-ALPHA FOOTAGE.

Read that last part 10x. Let it temper your end-game conclusions....and enhance the speculation side of your minds. :)

Exciting. Even though I'd rather have 1.3, this is still quite exciting.

As @Cenx noted, we have a much larger team, so the answer to that is: Why not both? ;)

yes..yes..YES.

just yes. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease yes. i want it I NEEEED IT I MUST PLAY IT FIRST.

asdfghjklhjjIJDBGigdlIUHADFluiaelfigalefgafgldifgalisduglagfaiflaifglabaconaglifgaifdgiua;dfiuadfgaliudfgaudifaliugliufg

SO MUCH HYYYYYYYYPER

I'm looking forward to this, it seems it will be a very different gaming experience from the original terraria, no?
I hope this will be starbound esq where the quests/missions/tasks you have to do are more clear. And that you don't have to make your own tasks like in terraria (it's not a bad thing rather a good thing but if you only get to try one flavour of cake over and over again even if it's your favorite taste you will start wanting a different taste.)

Just quoting you because it seems poignant. Remember everyone: This is PRE-ALPHA FOOTAGE.

Read that last part 10x. Let it temper your end-game conclusions....and enhance the speculation side of your minds. :)

I'm actually not saying that I don't believe that "Otherworld" won't be a distinct product from Terraria proper. What I meant was that this teaser may not be the best way to show it off. It teases a lot of things, but doesn't really highlight too much in the way of what's new and different, beyond the graphics. When I have questions, I ask them with the belief that they have answers, and the hope that those answers will be provided! I'm not saying I have doubts, but rather that these are the areas I think you guys could focus on with future trailers. I'm sure you don't want to give away too much, but there's a big difference between having faith, or even reading reassurance that things will be different, and letting us see with our own eyes some things that only a new game can provide.

Even though Cenx and Loki have mentioned this, let me stress that no one involved with Terraria 1.3 is working on this game, nor is anyone working on console updates working on this game.

That being said, I personally realize we still have a lot of convincing to do as to how this game has a rightful place in the Terraria universe, specifically how it will be different. We will divulge more informaton about that in the coming weeks/months. I can unveil by the way that Terraria: Otherworld uses a completely new custom written engine.

From the programming side of things, it seem to me that a lot of [EDIT: or possibly not that much, as stated by Rudy] code went from Terraria into otherworld.
So the way the enviroment works will keep very similliar, despite the change in gameplay and graphics.
The advantage is a shorter development-time for an exciting advanture

This isn´t some content, that could be pushed into the original terraria, to allow significant changes how the game is played.

It´s good that this isn´t terraria 2, because the community expects an evolution in gamemechanics and gameplay, something that has been written from scratch rather than a spin-off

Even though Cenx and Loki have mentioned this, let me stress that no one involved with Terraria 1.3 is working on this game, nor is anyone working on console updates working on this game.

That being said, I personally realize we still have a lot of convincing to do as to how this game has a rightful place in the Terraria universe, specifically how it will be different. We will divulge more informaton about that in the coming weeks/months. I can unveil by the way that Terraria: Otherworld uses a completely new custom written engine.
Yay, a new engine! I assume that removes many limitations of vanilla Terraria?

ios terraria was not on sale Saturday otherwise I would have it by now :c it was only a steam sale for the pc version

OMG! This is amazing! Love the look! With that said... PLEASE bring this out on Xbox One/PS4 as well!! Let me buy it a bunch of times like I did Terraria!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom